1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Kempeitai cant be lt?

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Desolad0r, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Desolad0r

Desolad0r Member

Hi folks:

I was thinking about the posibility of a Kempei lt.
    Fluffwise, It is more appealing for me that give the LT status to a Keisotsu.

Is this unbalancing so much the army?

2. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

Same reason most Commissars aren't leaders. They are too busy watching after the moral of their troops too lead them.

Section9 and Abrilete like this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Not exactly morale, but yeah.

Kempeitai are internal affairs, most troops won't trust them. Yes, after crap starts to go wrong, the remaining troops will 'choose' to follow the Kempeitai (rather than get shot by them!), but not before.

4. Desolad0r

Desolad0r Member

Oh, I was using the japanese meaning of Kempeitai (Police(wo)man).

Thanks for the class!!

5. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

That is not what that word means in Japanese...

6. Section9

That is the literal meaning of the word/characters, but the historical Kempeitai have so tainted the word that the Japanese use 'Keisatsu' now instead.

The historical Kempeitai were Secret Police like the Gestapo but worse, @Desolad0r . The Infinity unit deliberately took the name of the 1930s unit, and is doing the same things: killing Japanese for not being loyal enough, etc.

Abrilete likes this.
  7. Desolad0r

Desolad0r Member

So, the fireteam of Domaru + Kempeitai + 3 Keisotsu are a fireteam of a Samurai + Gestapothing + 3 Police(wo)man.

I read, years ago, that the Kempeitai are guardian of the japanese rights face the domination of Yu Jing.
    So, I saw them like good guys xD.

8. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

No, no, no. Don't mistake Keisatsu 警察 (police) with Keisotsu 勁卒 (excellent soldier, althought Gutier wrote it as 軽卒 which would imply the idea of light soldier, whether he made it on purpose as a pun (they are the light infantry afterall) or by mistake remains unknown). Japanese language is full of words that differentiate by a just a letter or are equal but with different meaning, but they are easy to understand by reading the kanji they are written with.

9. Section9

Yeah, that's their pre-Uprising fluff, which is likely to be little more than propaganda.

Post-Uprising they went full Gestapo/Stasi.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation