1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tanko vs Domaru Size Comparision

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Golem2God, May 26, 2018.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Thanks for the explanation. I think the female Domaru will look out of place next to the large male Domarus & Tankos.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Not really. The female Domaru aren't that much shorter than the male, but they are thinner/less bulky.

Abrilete and Golem2God like this.
  3. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Tankos got here yesterday, along with with my Domaru Butai box...here is a line up for comparison. The two male Domaru's are san heads ATM, but you can see the scale is very similar. scale.jpg

sarf, Section9, meikyoushisui and 4 others like this.
  4. Golem2God

They do seem to be of the same size. Thank you very much Geo for taking the time to do this. Now everyone who is picky about size difference will not have to worry. As for me, I'm looking ofward to getting the Tanko box in the future.

5. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Sure thing. i was pretty excited to get them. Although, I had to purchase the Domaru Butai Box, from a store in the UK.

One bad thing about the Tankos, the one in the middle with the pistol and sword standing still...his head/shoulder/sword arm are all one piece. So to swap out the hat would be a huge undertaking.

They went together quite easily.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Golem2God

I don't mind that. I cut/saw models to make conversions all the time. So it is not a big problem for me.

geo67 likes this.
  7. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Thanks for picture Geo. I guess I wouldn`t go hunting old Domaru and Haramaki and will stick to new boxes.

geo67 and Golem2God like this.
  8. Gus-its

Gus-its Member

Hi, can someone tell me how long in centimer is daiyokai size, from the feet to the top of the head (not including horns) ?

Thanks

9. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

4 cm +-2mm

Gus-its likes this.
  10. BigBadFox

BigBadFox Well-Known Member

Are the heads a separate piece or do I need to cut them off the body? I want to do a headswap, because my bois dont want to wear a cake tin as a hat.

11. Golem2God

I'm not sure. My guess would be that they are separate from the body.

12. Whyarecarrots

Whyarecarrots Well-Known Member

The Tanko with missile launcher and flammenspeer have separate helmets, but on the blitzen model the right arm and head all come in one piece.

13. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

If anything the Domaru are slightly bulkier than the Tanko. Side by side you can see that the designs are very similar, especially the legs. The backs are also very similar and based on the Yu Jing power armour style.

The heads are all separate pieces on each type of model (only the Tanko blitzen head is attached to the shoulder, but it is easy enough to cut off and convert).

The arms on each troop type are separate too and could be interchanged easily. By the way the Tanko arms are very similar to the kaizoku models (minus the Tanko shoulder pads) and some interesting conversions could be done here, especially with the new kaizoku with the spitfire.

Also the Tanko heads, minus the hats and tubes, are the same as the kaizoku. So you could make possibly make a Tanko, sans hat, using the kaizoku models with a bit of converting.

The pics I attached include a converted Domaru, but I made the leg pose very similar to the Tanko.

It’s interesting to compare the models in the range and see how they share the same design DNA.

Hope this helps

FC9C0699-210C-4F4E-825A-C57DABA918E3.jpeg
    0CAD1274-81A9-4EDF-A102-3F134658E4D6.jpeg
    78C6AD0E-BAC6-46B0-8859-36E337CE69D9.jpeg

#33 archangeleong, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Abydog, dulydude, Oni and 7 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation