1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting a Guijia into an O-Yoroi

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Ignovus, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Ignovus

Ignovus Logistics Division
    Warcor

So I'm not a fan of the standard (or Treason) O-Yoroi sculpt. Too gangly and awkward. The Guijia on the other hand is a nice shiny new style model, and aside from having a weird hooked sword, has the correct weapon options.

Now, I'm no master converter or anything, but I figured i'd have a go at reshaping the sword into a more suitable (oversized) katana, and since I picked up a second JSA Army Box, I had an extra Daiyokai helm that I thought would look pretty decent on there.

The sword needs a little more work but otherwise I'm pretty happy with the results!

IMG_20190119_190148.jpg IMG_20190119_190156.jpg IMG_20190119_190219.jpg IMG_20190119_190226.jpg IMG_20190119_190252.jpg

Usashi, archangeleong, zapp and 7 others like this.
  2. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Noice. I converted my own Guijia to an O-yoroi last year (I'm just not a fan of skinny mecha piloted by neurotic schoolgirls).
    I just reshaped the hook sword into a katana rather than made a new one (I did, however, carve a new tsuba from plasticard).
    I also removed the HMG from the back mount (which meant carving a new back "hoop" since the gun is attached to that part) and made the TAG hold it in its other hand (the grip fit into the hand, some slight bending of the fingers allowed it to "hold" it.

Ignovus likes this.
  3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

That looks really nice! Great job, and I hope to see it in person at some point.

Ignovus likes this.
  4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'd give the katana a little more curve to the blade, but that's very nicely done!

Ignovus likes this.
  5. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

pic or it didn't happen, clearly! :D

oldGregg likes this.
  6. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

7. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Looking very good.

8. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Wasn't a major "conversion".
    Changed the ccw to look more katana-like from the shuang gou and took the hmg off the back mount to make it hand-held. It's mostly a JSA paint-job (the left shoulder pauldron has a rising sun on it) since JSA can't HAVE a

He does have a sashimono that I have to magnetise and there are plans to give him a kabuto helmeted head with mask to replace the stock head when I get around to playing JSA again (6 armies, I have them on rotation so that they all get played, it just means it can be up to 2 1/2 years between their "turns".) and that next time for them is late next year.

[​IMG]

dakara and Section9 like this.
  9. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Please show us pic :relaxed:

10. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Spoke too soon lol!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation