1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion Sources

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Fyeya, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

So I'm looking at doing some conversions and I'm trying to source a few bits.

Specifically, I could use some katanas, some overlapping plates (domaru style) and the like with which to convert some other HI into Domaru, and possibly some SMG options to create some different Ryuken to add to the one I got out of my army box.

Anyone have any ideas where to get this style of bits, or maybe how to make some?

2. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Styrene sheet for the overlapping plates.
    It comes in various thicknesses (from 0.25mm up to 3mm at least) and the 0.25 or 0.5mm is easily cuttable with a common modelling knife.
    You'll need some polystyrene cement to go with it (and superglue and GS to get a good mate to the metal infinity figures).

Or you could try your hand at sculpting them from a putty like Greenstuff (or brownstuff).

When I've made katanas for my JSA, I've used some styrene rod (1mm) that I've shaped into a flatter shape (and carefully bent into shape with hot water) and some tubing that fit around it (you can get tubing and rods that fit together like this at model stores - NOT gaming stores. Aircraft, ships, tanks, etc models).

Golem2God and Abydog like this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Historical gaming models.

If you're in the UK, try The Assault Group miniatures. They have both historical samurai bits and relatively modern firearms. The Ryuken SMG looks a lot like an MP5, which is listed in the Modern American section.

You can also try Hasslefree Miniatures (also in the UK). Hasslefree even has clear resin not-Major and Not-Batou minis, though the clear resin versions are expensive. The metal versions are quite cheap. hfminis also makes a lot of conversion bits and interesting civilians.

I have ordered from both before (and I'm in the US), never had a problem.

I apologize for lack of links, but Forum Advertising Rules.

4. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

To add to Section9's comment hasslefree are also very good in terms of fitting scale to infinity minis.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

@Fyeya I find Acmon is a perfect proxy for a second Ryuken as they also have 2 breaker pistols

280846-0543-acmon-sergeant-of-dactyls-2-breaker-pistols.jpg

6. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

Interesting option - I was actually looking at the Yadu soldier... hrm.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation