1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximus - Get behind me!

Discussion in 'Rules' started by DalaiDan, Jan 8, 2018.

1. DalaiDan

DalaiDan New Member

What order is Maximus "Get behind me!" skill used when resolving damage. For example:

Mushashi attacks Gata who is adjacent to a friendly Maximus
    In the Results step of the Face to Face roll Mushashi does 9 Damage.
    Normally Gata takes 2 Damage and the rest is ignored.

Is this damage ignored before you use "Get behind me!" with Maximus i.e. you can make Maximus take the 2 Damage and no-one dies.

Or does all the damage have to be allocated first i.e. Gata take 2 Damage, Maximus takes 7 and they both die?

2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

As Gata takes only 2:4: so Maximus can take 0, 1 or 2:4:
    I want to use the opportunity for: ...And as Gata takes only 2:4: Miyamoto may displace himself until 2 times (tipical question).

:wink:

3. Cilionelle

Cilionelle New Member

If Gata takes 1 and Maximus takes 1, can Miyamoto still displace himself 2 spaces?

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Of course he can. Miyamoto does 2:4:to Gata and he may displace twice. But Gata does not die because Maximus takes one :4:.

5. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

What's this "2:4" mean?

Again, I've obviously been playing this wrong. Mushashi's massive damage is reduced to 2, because he aimed at Gata? Wow, I'd been assuming that with damage 9 I was just stuck piling it all on Gata, and Maximus was all "F*** that!"

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

You should be able to see a red tear drop (Damage icon) instead of ":4", so you can read "2 Damage".

7. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

Ok. I'm using Tapatalk and I'm not seeing any of the symbols. Just a bunch of colons.

8. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

And you got logged using Tapatalk? We're trying to find out where it can be the issue. Are you using a smartphone? Logged with Tapatalk? Using web browser? Which?

Thank you very much.

9. thundergod

thundergod New Member

whoa. Mind blown.

10. Cilionelle

Cilionelle New Member

The other impact in that case is Mushashi's 'Displace yourself' switch, which goes from rivalling Gata (from scoring zone to scoring zone on a good hit) to being a little helpful occasionally. (Okay, so I'm exaggerating slightly, but after playing it where each uncancelled success equals damage, it changes the dynamic a lot.)

11. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Holy smokes.

12. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

Yeah, logged in with Tapatalk on an Android smart phone.

R.

13. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

A couple questions:

Major's Lunah's Suppressing Fire triggers :4: tokens one at a time on the :1::3: switch. If Lunah rolls :1::1::1::3::3::3: against Gata, does Maximus have to take 2 of the 3 :4: to save her since they are separate applications?

Gata activates Pain Suppressants and gets 6 :D: tokens. Flavor-wise this is kind of weird, but if Gata ends her turn adjacent to Maximus, Maximus should be able to take the :4: instead of Gata. It's unclear whether each :D: token deals its damage one at a time or altogether. The wiki says that the character suffers 1 :4: for each :D: and then removes all :D: tokens. Does Maximus only have to take 1 :4: here to save Gata or does he need to take 5 :4:?

14. Eightballz

Eightballz Well-Known Member

Your first question is the same as in the original post. Maximus takes each :4: individually and only the one that would actually be inflicted on the opponent.

If, for example, Gata gets 3 :4: from an attack from Lunah, Maximus only has to take one :4:. Because Gata would be dead after two :4: already. See above first answer:
    The second question is also exciting. No idea. Is every:D: a damage event or resolve all in a row? I would say all at the same time. More damage than two :4: goes nowhere. Therefore Maximus only has to take one :4:.

15. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

You're right, because:

16. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

This isn't an attack though. Suppressing Fire triggers switches one at a time, dealing 1 :4: at a time. See: [​IMG]

So if you're dealing them one at a time, shouldn't they all be dealt?

17. Eightballz

Eightballz Well-Known Member

Yes. Youre right.
    Reference is saying:

You cannot activate a Switch until the Effects of the last one have been applied.
    [...]
    • Each player has only one chance per Roll to activate all their Switches, one after the other.

So Maximus has to take them one after the other.

-V- and precinctomega like this.
  18. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Well, as this answer has been used to build a 'malevolent' combo, we're reviewing and it will be changed in next official FAQs we're working on at this moment.

Thank you, and sorry about the incovenience.

19. Phlyk

Phlyk Well-Known Member

That would be a shame. Soaking an almost unreasonable amount of damage is the best reason to play Maximus. I wouldn't mind this being nerfed so much if his Switch had a better use defensively. Right now, there is almost no point in activating it off of Brawn or Defence.

20. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

You'll have to decide how many :4:Maximus will take, before the reduction due to :T:. But, Maximus will be able to soak as many :4:as he wants. So he'll be able to sacrifice for his ally.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation