1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's JSA Army Log

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

This i s the palette I use for red:

IMG_5524.JPG

1. Base colour: Flat Red. - Technique = Layered and then blended with Black Red
    2. Shading: Black Red. - Technique = Washed then blended with Flat Red
    3 Highlights: Salmon rose, mixed with Flat red. - Technique = About 3 layerd stages that get lighter each time.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Huh. I use P3 Sanguine Base and Skorne Red, then VMC Vermillion and Scarlet. Less mixing, though there is an obvious shift between the semigloss P3 and the satin-flat VMC colors. Once you seal it the shift isn't obvious.

3. archangeleong

TANKO ZENSENBUTAI

Team finally all done.

Tanko Zensenbutai.jpg

IMG_6498.2.jpg

IMG_6499.2.jpg

JSA Tanko Zensenbutai.jpg

#23 archangeleong, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  4. Section9

Very nice! Though your OSL is a little weak on the 'eyes' of the Blitzen-wielder on the far right. Everywhere else it's awesome, just his eyes.

5. archangeleong

Lighting from "eyes" is just washed out from photo glare. One of these days I'll get around to getting a better photo lighting setup (at the moment its not in the budget unfortunately) :-)

6. archangeleong

Cheerleaders inbound!

Keisotsu Butai Support

Keisotsu HMG:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keisotsu Missile Launcher:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keisotsu Hacker:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Painting guide to follow soon :-)

7. archangeleong

I've been re-watching GITS ARISE recently which motivated me to post this:

This image of Motoko Kusanagi was the inspiration for my infinity paint job and minor conversion of the female Ryukan Unit 9 mini:
    [​IMG]

The miniature was painted to match the above pic and the arm was re-positioned and some sculpting of arm and shoulder strap was done to capture the pose. It turned out like this:
    IMG_E6561.JPG

[​IMG]

Gotta say that it was this mini alone that got me into Infinity. Motoko and Batou (ahem, Ryukan Unit 9) are still the favs in my JSA collection to date.

Attached Files:

#27 archangeleong, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  8. Section9

I started working on a GitS force long before the new JSA, but the Ryuken are definitely the best of CB's expys! I consider it a horrible failure of CB to have not made the Kempeitai marksman rifle as Saito's expy (yeah, I know, Moderator Sniper, but it would have been good to get everyone into the same faction...)

And your painting is exquisite. Dammit, CB, where's the :nosebleed: emoji?!? *shakes fist*

Please don't kill me for suggesting a hair color change (to brown) on your Keisotsu hacker, to make a more accurate Ishikawa, though.

9. NickNick

NickNick Well-Known Member

Or give a G:Sync Rudra equivalent to Batou for the sake of it. If we dream, why not big? :D

10. archangeleong

Thanks Section 9 for encouragement!

Could you put up pics of your old school GITS force? I’d love to see them :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

On the Saito front, I had a bit of the same disappointment, but I don’t think he would look right with a hood. I’m hoping that they do a ninja version or maybe another Ryukan unit 9 trooper profile (similar role to rocket guy really but with sniper rifle).

On Ishikawa front, I’m a bit torn to be honest. The Keisotsu hacker is a good candidate for Ishikawa but his face isn’t quite right. He has a beard but also long hair and a narrow face. Thus I don’t really see him as an Ishikawa stand in. I think that the trooper with combi rifle and beard looks more like Ishikawa in the face and hair style, but without hacking tools is entirely the wrong model. Perhaps I will have a crack one day at converting Ishikawa using both these models. :grimacing:

11. Section9

Well, botofukkit doesn't like image hotlinks anymore, but this and this are a couple pics of my GitS setup. Feel free to check out the other stuff on there, too.

The Tachikomas in the second pic are PVC extras from the Special Edition DVDs. I also have a big set of Tachikomas from the Kotobukiya 1/72 Jigabachi AV helicopter kit. The 1/72 Tachikomas are significantly smaller, about right for S3 in Infinity terms. Those PVC Tachikomas are closer to the size they should be in 28mm scale, but don't fit on a 55mm base.

I need a new image host that doesn't suck ass.

archangeleong likes this.
  12. archangeleong

Kempeitai here to boss around those cheerleaders!

Really enjoyed painting the rifle. :hugging_face:

IMG_E6570.JPG

IMG_E6568.JPG

IMG_E6567.JPG

IMG_E6569.JPG

13. archangeleong

Cool! The Motoko and Batou are from Hasslefree minis yes? Been thinking about Tachikomas too as a proxy for remotes. Seems like the Jigabachi kit is the best one out there for this purpose but is a little hard to come by these days.

By the way your Bride Aragoto is very sweet also! :grin:

14. Section9

Yes, I have a Hasslefree Major and Batou. My first Major was Zoe, all I did was add a little more texture to the hair and removed her bag; first Batou was a converted Wu Ming, gave him the Multi+LGL. I'm pretty sure I sourced the head from an Anima Tactics 'agent' (one of the semi-generic models, came with 2 different heads). Then Hasslefree made the Tomoko and Isseki models, so I picked them up, both standard and clear resin. Actually, I have 3 of the HF Tomoko models, I gave the metal one a YJ combi.

Ishikawa is the old Najjarun engineer with a head swap (probably an Anima Tactics agent) and gun from Hasslefree, but I also used the old Kazak Doc with a head swap, too. I like the Najj version better.

And of course I had to include an autocannon version of Saito, plus the Moderator Sniper, plus Teucer. pretty sure the Autocannon was made about the same time as my Guilang (head-swapped with another Anima Tactics Agent, can't remember which one now and they're OOP anyway)

Easier to come by than the PVC Tachikomas! Plus, the Jigabachis make interesting models for a flight line table.

If you want to use the Jigabachi Tachikomas, you will need 2 kits, there are 3 Tachikomas per Jigabachi box. I am in process of converting two Tachikomas into the Logikomas from ARISE to use as baggagebots (new legs and butt-pod), and I found a PVC Uchikoma to use as the Rui Shi and Lu Duan.

For the standard Tachikomas, I had some fun with cinematic effects from Armorcast. I made gatling guns and added a muzzle flash from some small plastic rods for the Husong and Rui Shi, put a small muzzle flash on one of the arm guns for the Weibing, made a huge smoke cloud and flying grenade for the Sonbae, and used a little wire for the connector plug out of the left arm for the Chaiyi.

very first Aragoto I made, though I recently changed her to a yellow bike instead of the red. What can I say, I was inspired. :smiling_imp:

Abrilete likes this.
  15. archangeleong

Are the PVC models easy to work with and paint like normal plastic models or are they a bit spongy and have mold lines on them that are hard to file off?

Also are they remote size or closer to proper Tachikoma scale?

16. Section9

I'm not sure you can file those PVC models, the plastic is very soft. The Red Uchikomas have a nasty mold line on them, but the models from the Special Edition DVDs are good.

Because the Special Edition DVD models are already nicely painted (shaded and highlighted, even!), I didn't bother with repainting them.

I did repaint the Red Uchikomas, they repainted fine but shaving the mold lines before priming was a lesson in brand-new Xacto knives and frustration otherwise.

The Red Uchikomas are about the size of a S4 REM, their toes overhang the edge of a 55mm base. But the models from the Special Edition DVDs are really big, bordering on Maghariba sized. Their legs won't fit on a 55mm base at all. I'd call them 'proper sized' for whatever the hell scale Infinity is these days.

17. archangeleong

Good to know. Thanks! :laughing:

18. archangeleong

SHIKAMI with contender.

I like his laid back style.

Not sure If I'll use him too much given his high points costs. But there are many merits to a super mobile button pusher. Just seems hard to justify his high order cost and not quite killy enough results. (Ref: the Shikami JSA thread on his merits/lack off)

Looks cool though

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Section9

Looks very good (as always!)

What makes or breaks a Shikami is terrain density. They're pretty fun in my local group, but we run tables that are very dense at ground level (Warband's Paradise dense) with more open roofs. I actually recommend to new players that they build a whole lot of buildings before they get a Shikami.

Abrilete likes this.
  20. archangeleong

Thanks Section 9 :-)

Good strategic advice (as always)!

I read up a lot on these forums for strategies from veteran players such as yourself and find it very helpful for getting my head around the game.

Funnily enough in my first game I found myself wishing I had a Shikami lol! My Nomads opponent had some sneaky guy (not sure in trooper name) prone on a two story rooftop mid table with koalas in defense. I had to topple his board domination so I sunk a lot of orders into a Domaru with a shotty to scale the wall, cop a koala hit and blast the dude off the roof!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation