1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Puppet Proxies

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by wildchevy, Aug 25, 2018.

1. wildchevy

wildchevy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

What have TJC and Puppet Master players been using to proxy their puppets?

2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

wildchevy and loricus like this.
  3. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

An early post on the linked thread suggested chimera, which is what i did this week. And it did not work very well for me.
    1 - I forgot they can't go prone and
    2 - I forgot they are S1 (so the front guy didn't need to go prone for the back guy to a see an incoming S2 model)

So I agree helperbot, crazy koala, tinbot, fast panda (whatever you are not also using in your list) are better for that.

4. MindwormGames

MindwormGames Well-Known Member

You can try looking for 15mm or 6mm mecha.

That'll get you stuff that is at that 15-20mm size for little Infinity ninja bots. But they're typically going to be more boxy, Battletech or Mechwarrior style. Still, it is worth a look.

Here are a few links to stuff I pulled up with a cursory search.

Shape ways SAW-44 Prowlers - A little tall.

Khurasan "Pocket Mecha" (scroll down to find them) - Here's a link to a pic of the minis.

Clear Horizon Covert Ops War Drones - Only one pose, but they look easy to convert.

Some more searching around will undoubtedly turn up plenty of other reasonable candidates.

5. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

I use old PiWell, Moriarty and a Zondcat as my PuppetBots

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Pi-Well is a good start, I happen to have a spare of the old version I'd be willing to trade away (I used that Zoe as the basis of a converted Major, so don't need PiWell at all).

Various Tinbots.

If you want something different, I really like those SAW44 Prowlers that @MindwormGames suggested.

Don't forget to check out the various Battle Armors from Iron Wind Metals classic Battletech range, the battle armors are all about 15mm tall.

7. MindwormGames

Only problem with those Prowlers is that they’re a little tall.

8. Section9

23mm tall, I think. Tough to tell with Shapeways, since the models don't always print from head-to-toe. But they sure look cool!

The various Battle Armors or even Protomechs from Ironwind Metals would probably be better.

9. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Probably, to represent the puppet master and one puppet I'll use Zoe and Pi Well but I play them really often xD.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Maybe I'll use Hexxer (the witch skin... if there are still in my local shop XD) or the "puppet" Interventor (female, blister, old model) and a Karkata, a Staldron and maybe a fastpanda... Granted, it would be better to grab something from fantasy to use with Hexxer... but that would not be a legal proxy :( (else... I have some goblins from a Reaper kickstarter XD)

11. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

I'd say just wait for the box that we all know is coming....but we all know the way to summon a new sculpt is to convert and paint up proxies as sacrifices to the CB gods before they release the real deal :P

xagroth and kesharq like this.
  12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

At the Interplanetario time... Not even a concept (neither for the Zondnautic...)

13. theradrussian

While true, we know CB is full of artists so their release schedule seems to be "I do what I want", as underlined by the new Joan model, for example :P

loricus likes this.
  14. MindwormGames

To be fair, we don't know the workflow behind that sculpt, do we?

Assuming we don't have any behind the scenes info on that, it could very well be that an artist did that sculpt for the LOLs, showed it to CB, and there was a convenient spot to fit it into a production pipeline.

But all the same, I want mah damn puppets. So I'll be converting up some proxies as a sacrifice.

15. Section9

The rest of us thank you for your sacrifice, but note that you may need to convert, paint, and even BatRep your Puppet proxies to trigger the sacrifice.

Solar, xagroth, loricus and 2 others like this.
  16. theradrussian

Nah, the truth is they recycle like MAD. Wanna know why tohaa and shas stuff takes so long? They can't just copy+paste the same human anatomical models, slap stuff on, and call it a day. Those require WORK. They are pragmatic artists, and I don't blame them for it. But as much as I hope they will try and accept that we don't want to wait more than 6-12 months for a profile to get a sculpt, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

17. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

So that's why we haven't gotten a new Clockmaker yet. Need to get it in a batrep.

18. freefall357

freefall357 Active Member

I was going to use Malifaux's Coryphee dancers with gun-arms, but S1....so, I am going to get scale children models and sand their faces flat. Then paint them up realistically, even the now flat face. Add a thin wire antenna on each wrist and foot (puppet strings), and it should be suitably creepy.

19. Death By Monkeys

Death By Monkeys Well-Known Member
    Warcor

If you're gonna dabble in Malifaux's models for them, you could just get some of Collodi's plastic Marionettes and arm them appropriately.

xagroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation