1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideals for new PanO tech

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by andre61, Jul 28, 2018.

1. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

I think he meant "Add a 4th profile", which would be pretty baller, but I'd probably prefer one built on a new Guard chassis from the ground up.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I think the Aquila should keep his MSV3 but should also have Stratgeos. A nanoscreen would be a nice addition to the unit or any other PanO unit for that matter.

3. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Ok, that would very cool

I agree.

4. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Nanoscreen seems to me like lazy people's cover. It gives you some mobility, as you bring your own corner with you, but doesn't give you anything more that you can't get otherwise.

theradrussian likes this.
  5. andre61

Ok! may ask you. what do you think about Full Auto?

6. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

It also seems to vary wildly in cost. On some units its not so much, but it has to cost a metric fuckton on sheskin

7. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I don't really understand why you ask this. Full auto is awesome. Burst then BS mods win firefights. It gives you both. It's like being in a Haris and having uncounterable mimetism.

What's sheskin? Also am I missing some great use of nanoscreen?

8. Death

Death Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Combined Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]1
    [​IMG] SHESKIIN Lieutenant Red Fury, Pulzar, D-Charges / Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 51)

1 SWC | 51 Points

Open in Infinity Army

[​IMG]

A cute little Shasvastii thats kind of beastly in melee. Shes expensive for what she does though.

9. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Didn't spend the time to break it down, but it has a lot of expensive stuff on it, not sure if actually the nanoscreen breaks it.

10. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Nanoscreen cost must vary with (at the very least) BS, since Sheskin has Achilles' stats and his fabulous BS of 15, she pays for it.

11. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

That would require you to take the Lt option which is currently only the Multi Rifle.
    Though it would be cool if the non-Lt versions had the NCO rule that is on the HMG Yadu and is rumored to allow the unit use the Lt. order.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. andre61

(IMO) I ask you about Full auto because, I would like to the Aquila get that, and just wanted to know your point of view.

13. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

As much as I'd like to see FA somewhere in PanO - does it really fit Aquila?

Now, a stationary turret REM with FA...

14. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

She is a full 7 points over the samaritan spitfire, while having as close stats as possible.

She has superior ph +bs . But he has hyper dynamics, super jump, more armor and a vorpal ccw (which also mono in melee) as well as a higher version of protheion (specifically the one that gives burst 2 and is prob at least 1 full point over lv 3)

15. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Full Auto is one of those rules that I wouldn't really want to see on a PanOceanian unit, other than maybe a remote.

We are supposed to be the disciplined, regular army. Spraying bullets into the air heedless of supply runs contrary to that.

But on a remote, which could have nearly limitless ammunition available, it would be less egregious.

16. HeckMeiser

HeckMeiser Well-Known Member

Or Assault Guard maybe. Their whole thing is supposed to be relying on overwhelming firepower more than armor, right

17. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Is it really ? Full auto fire in a target rich enviroment and aimbot on our guns... sounds pretty pano to me.

Well maybe on a named tag character.

Deltervees likes this.
  18. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing REMs in PanO that had modes via multiple profiles. Kind of like the old starcraft siege tank.

Say its just a 6-4 rem with something defensive on it and ability that let it change profiles at the cost of 'stunning' itself. Then from the next turn onwards, its a 0-0 REM that's super killy with Full Auto, a variation of TR that doesn't interere with B in active turn and some other shooty things. Effectively a mobile turret that you wouldn't realistically 'deploy' more than once per game. Pick the wrong position and you've wasted the points. Pick the right position and your opponent better pray they're packing a lot of smoke or a lot of missiles.

Also I'll say it again, AD TAG plx.
    I mean honestly, our TAGs are unamanned as well. Surely that makes the tech to drop a killer robot easier given all that cockpit weight capacity can go towards shock absorbtion or something.

#58 Shoitaan, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  19. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

That's one of the problem with full auto, it's name, so it doesn't fit Pano.

20. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Shitload of things seems to not fit PanO "because regular proffesional army', proper CoC, unit synergy and cooperation, optimized profiles (like irregular AD and regular FTO units xD) etc.

Yep, PanO space is severly limited.

AdmiralJCJF, Golem2God and injenegr like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation