1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can pano be beaten? Yes, by almost everybody!

Discussion in 'OOC' started by Cabaray, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

... and yet what?
    This comment doesn’t say anything, except “we did you a favour by not banning you for no reason”, which is pretty arrogant.
    @Hecaton is correct to say he was informed his account was to be deleted. @warzan justifies this by saying “but we didn’t even though we could have”. Okay, but it doesn’t justify everyone dogpiling @Hecaton and @Solar and @deep-green-x calling him a liar.

Hecaton likes this.
  2. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Can I just restate my long-held position that this campaign isn't mandatory.

If you don't want to dedicate efforts towards playing it, then don't play it.

But, btw, when you refuse to not stop playing, and instead decide to stay in and whinge constantly, you do actually make it less enjoyable for the rest of us. Admittedly, perhaps I was a little uncharitable in my assessment of Hecaton's statement (though I certainly am not going to agree with him on the broader ramifications) but I mean, what, am I expected to have an endless well of good faith and positivity for people who spill far more words complaining incessantly than they ever do writing battle reports? No.

3. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Accurate but incomplete. Banning you based on the singular fact that one of your gaming group did a dumb would be bullshit, but given that the stuff he posted was very similar to complaints you had been making about the campaigns for a year before that, its pretty justified for Warren to be at least concerned that you might follow suit.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. warzan

warzan Well-Known Member

@Dragonstriker apologies if that statement came off that way. It was more a statement of 'there was not much else we could do to try and keep you involved', but perhaps there was more we could have done (or even done differently) and that's somthing myself and the team will chat about to have in mind in the future. :)

5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

In case it's not clear, this was all during Wotan. I did not participate in Flamestrike.

6. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

7. Hecaton

Welp, as far as I know the reason my account was going to be deleted had nothing to do with my opinions, but rather the fact that I had played games against this other guy. So it's as "bullshit" as you say.

What? For threatening to ban people for things other people do?

8. daboarder

Warcor

no for being able to call you out on your claims of being told you would be banned.

Put it back in the purse hecation

@warzan just flick him on ignore

@Hecaton Lets try this another way

Your reports were causing an issue, not through your own fault, but the behaviour of your opponent and friend. BOW Had the courtesy to querry that issue with you personally before they took action, then when you explained the situation they went out of their way to help you, rectified it to your benefit and apologised.

And you think they are assholes for going to all that extra effort?

9. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Are you saying you didn’t play and report games during Flamestrike or that you weren’t registered and active in the Flamestrike forums?

Bear in mind there’s evedince available that will mean your claims need to stack up under scrutiny and you’ve already been caught out once now being less than truthful.

10. warzan

warzan Well-Known Member

For the record I have no personal recollection of any comments or statements made by @Hecaton during or even about Flamestrike (he may well have posted but I hadn't noticed)

Our decisions were based solely on Wotan and the concern that a coordinated trolling of the system was likely to take place (that would have been very painful for us as we didn't have limitations on posting etc in place so would have been costly untangling all of that)

Our concerns were based on what appeared to be constant negative posts by Hecaton and goading of others. It looked quite obsessive to us from where we were and we wern' t even sure who was behind the account that started the spamming. (I think the fact that the same opinions are being continuously expressed yet again a year later gives some credence as to why we were concerned that an obsessive individual could potentially pose a risk to the campaign data and community - especially when the messages being posted were attacking the community - it just wasn't cool)

when it was brought to our attention we saw that the reports all connected to his so to protect the campaign experience we prepared to remove accounts.

But as is still the case today we wanted to reach out to see what the issue was and see if we could resolve it etc.

So l just want to give a little more insight into the much wider set of actions and circumstances that led to and were going on at the time when we reached out to him regarding the spamming of the system. (it wasnt just an isolated incident where his account was attached to another, but also part of a wider pattern of behaviour that we felt may pose a risk to the campaign if not investigates, which I'm fairly sure he's fully aware of despite the narrow framing he's applying to the exchange we had - and to his credit he did work with us on it and there were no repeats of the spamming incident and while yes he has continued to have some vitriol about us and CB he has mostly kept it to the forums here rather than the platform and I thank him for that)

so our decision making at the timr was only based on interactions during Wotan as we had no interaction as far as I'm aware during or after Flamestrike :)

I apologise if the above post is a little 'off' I really had no desire to cross swords with @Hecaton here but have been a bit dragged into this. But I believe the exchange does perhaps need a little more context to give a truer perspective of what it was about. :)

#90 warzan, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  11. Dragonstriker

Where? If it’s the above post, then he was accurate and you are the liar. If somewhere else, put up or shut up.

Hecaton likes this.
  12. Dragonstriker

I know you have no respect for @Hecaton, but @warzan posted the evidence that completely validated his statement. I don’t see that you can call him out with any credibility.

Hecaton likes this.
  13. Dragonstriker

I don’t even know why I’m supporting @Hecaton - I’ve certainly had my own disagreements with him; but I don’t like that he’s somehow become the designated whipping boy for warcors. That behaviour is bullshit and should stop.

14. daboarder

Warcor

you might think that, and to some warcors he might be, to me hes not. take from that what you will

15. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

He posted a very one sided and highly subjective account of his interaction with BOW and he was called on it.

He claimed he was told that he was to be banned for being involved with "someone they didn't like" when in fact he was closely associated with someone spamming the system with abuse.

He made out that he was being unfairly perforated by BOW and that was just something "they/you do" he named me in that when he knows full well I'm not a BOW employee (Oh and he's tried to act on that before).

Heaton got caught out on his bullshit.

So don't you dare acuse me of being a liar.

16. Dragonstriker

You said he lied. You are wrong, as proved by warzan. Hecaton claimed he was told his account was to be removed, which warzan’s post supports explicitly. That makes you a liar. Your vendetta with Hecaton is irrelevant to the facts.

Hecaton likes this.
  17. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

In fairness @deep-green-x it would appear that @Hecaton did not in fact post about flamestrike. Probably the endless repetition of the same points makes it seem like it's been going on longer.
    A lie of omission is still a lie, whether or not it was intended as such.

18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I think this thread needs to calm down.

19. Hecaton

I was literally told that I was going to have my account removed and told not to participate in future campaigns for something someone else did. Any idiot can see that in the stuff that Warren himself posted; the fact that you are pretending it's not there just makes you look like a bootlicking clown.

I think it's questionable to begin with to think banning one player for something another does to be acceptable.

I didn't play and report games during Flamestrike. It's been a few years, but I don't think I even had an account on the Flamestrike forums.

Unlike you, I don't lie about verifiable information, in the same thread even. The fact that you think I'm being less than truthful is just evidence of how warped your view is; the BoW crew could murder a baby in public on live TV and you'd find excuses for why they shouldn't be punished.

Let me give you a lesson on reading comprehension, since apparently your middle school teacher didn't do a good enough job - I said I was "informed my account was going to be deleted." I did not say "my account was deleted." And, surprise surprise, when Warzan posted the conversation, that's exactly what it depicted.

And that means *I* did something wrong... how exactly? The point was that Warzan was treating someone who put a diatribe in his batreps like someone spamming false batreps, which wasn't the case. Perhaps it's reasonable to delete those reports and ban the player in question, but given that the batreps themselves weren't falsified, I found it really off-putting to be told they were preparing to delete my account when I had merely played games with this person.

Listen man, I don't know what your relationship is with BoW/Warzan exactly, but it definitely seems like a servile one on your part; you support them in *everything*. I think I can be forgiven for assuming that you're some kind of employee or associate of theirs.

You're either a liar or you just failed at reading.

I didn't lie. I didn't say my account was deleted; I said I was informed that it was going to, and that I found that off-putting.

It'd be nice if people could stop accusing me of lying, too.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  20. Foxep

Foxep Tropical Vet
    Warcor

I just read half your post Hecaton as since the beginning its full of disrespectful sentences, if you want to make a point, its better to do it with kind words, and not like that. At least you lost me with those manners, sorry. And i know you must feel attacked and maybe thats why you made your post that much "aggresive", but man, i cant find the need to it.

There was a problem a year ago, there was some misunderstanding, you talked about it and everything got solved. I wouldnt say much more about the matter and leave it be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation