1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kurage

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Plebian, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yup. We'll see how it goes, but it seems tailor made to ensure the Japanese are victorious. If a game posted there must have a JSA opponent, then JSA players will have like 9 times as many victories there than any other faction.

Shiwen, xagroth and Dragonstriker like this.
  2. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Especially now that the remainder of NA2 score for the JSA whenever they go attack other places. They can't defend Kurage station tho, from what I have gathered.

xagroth and Dragonstriker like this.
  3. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

I’m out. At least they’re upfront about rigging the campaign this time around.

4. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Well having watched the last video I dont have super high hopes for yu jing this campaign even with only one location to defend.
    Seems to be on rails to get the best for JSA, with toha and CA being able to do anything they want, though I imagine a secret CA base will get revealed in stage 2 cos of candy cloud and all that.

Hecaton likes this.
  5. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

I think we sohuld focsu first on building a huge amount of point in our own base

6. layd

layd New Member

What about the command?

7. Borlois

Borlois Yu Jing Imperial Service Agent

I'm afraid you just changed the master who are whipping you. YJ fight for the honourable idea of an Unified Asia (by good or harder ways)… your new masters fight just for industrial and business benefits like their new owners: PanO. Now you will we whipped only for the PanO economic benefits by the hands of Kuge.
    You will we welcome to fight ext to us with IA. I will feel better if you fight with us, not against us.

Maksimas likes this.
  8. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

I’m a little hazy on how all this works. Is it;

Play a match at its location using its special mission. It can be any two factions, the owner doesn’t have to be there. Winner scores points for their faction at that location. At the end of the first half, location control shifts to whichever faction has the most points.

CA, Aleph, and Tohaa have no locations to defend and can only score points to take stuff.

NA2 scores for themselves sort of, but Japan is the spearhead as it were.

Speaking of Japan, the only way a match will count for points at their locations is if one of the players is JSA. So if you have no JSA players in your local meta, your meta can’t impact stuff in JSA locations.

Do I have it right?

zapp likes this.
  9. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

Only 1 JSA scenario has the 'JSA only' special rule in the Scenario itself.

That said, CB has been unclear.

I also intend to play and post my losses, so unless other JSA players want to fight without honor, Kurage station is fair game. I may spit on ISS butchers, but I respect the YJ army for their valor and prowess, and look forward to facing them on the battlefield, until the day we can stand shoulder to shoulder as equals, equally respected.

Borlois and xagroth like this.
  10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Aleph will have location on Phase 2 (starting July 10th). But yeah, the others are "free". I am assuming the CA is for background reasons (and I agree to a degree), while Tohaa is because participation.

I think NA2 scores for JSA, and JSA scores for itself...

As Freya has mentioned, one of the two missions can only be played against a JSA player, but the other is fair game.

I must give a thumbs up to CB, since not only they included the mission (so we can play it even without JSA players, it's just not report-able for the campaign), they also made an effort to make obvious things like the Transmission Matrix repeater coverage.

I confess, however, that Achilles dodging at 18 through the Nomad base is kinda... impressive XD

11. Borlois

Borlois Yu Jing Imperial Service Agent

Loyalty Duty Pride. We are the Imperial Service. We don't need honor! We fight for the State Empire. We defend Yu Jing against terrorist and the worst enemies in the shadows. We are the Imperial Service.
    We are Proud to serve to Yu Jing. Our lives meant to Serve Yu Jing. We are Loyal to Yu Jing.
    Our hands are dirty with blood and dust, but we fight for an ideal: an Unified Asia.
    Our lives serve to Yu Jing.
    Not like you, who serve to PanO, look at your weapons. Are you really free? Are you really fighting for you?
    Our hands are dirty with blood and dust.
    But we are the Imperial Service!! We don't need honour!! Our only need is the fight!! Our only objective is defend our people!!
    We are the Imperial Service!! We are the claws and the fangs of the Dragon!!

Thandar and Maksimas like this.
  12. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Defeated Nomad scum today, perhaps they will learn to not interfere with a great power.

#LoyalistJapan

Dragonstriker and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  13. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

Which scenario did you play?

14. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Decap.

15. Ten Thousand Arrows

Ten Thousand Arrows Imperial Sage

Do we have any solid strategy? We should definitely defend our position at all oppertunities, that's a given. Perhaps we should try to find an ally, that way our efforts could be more focused.

How will Yu Jing players communicate their strategy? Do we have a seperate communication channel to High Command?

16. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I suggest keeping an eye out on the warconsole forums. @jj.konko seems to be spearheading the cat herding efforts.
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/kurage-the-jade-circle-is-broken-but-not-destroyed.23682/

P-Chan likes this.
  17. jj.konko

jj.konko Well-Known Member

Hello I am part of the High command. Was invited because of the post you mention.

I am always caful to make it clear in the Kurage chat whether I am expressing opinion or official orders.

I have not and will not issue and orders that have not been agreed upon but the now 13 in high command.

We are democratic in our decisions. An I accept those even when I disagree. Was the same in Wotan .

I am not familiar with the term cat hearding but I think I can geuss the meaning.

Would you rather I had not tried to find motivated players to help guide our faction?

Anyway I hope your own games are going well.

Let's do well this campaign.

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Cats don't typically go where told to when they think there's something more interesting to do, just like players. Hence leading players in a game is like cat herding. I wish you all the luck in this, it's not a disparaging comment.

Dragonstriker, Golem2God and P-Chan like this.
  19. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

Agreed.

As tacit recognition of how difficult a job is, it generally carries an undertone of respect in my circles.

Dragonstriker and Golem2God like this.
  20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

"cat herding" is more a disparaging comment about who/what you're trying to organize, and carries undertones of respect for the person doing the herding. Used a lot when dealing with large numbers of business executives.

My usual statement is 'peeing on wildfires', to properly convey the futility of the task.

xagroth and Mahtamori like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation