1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daiyoukai Assembly Issues

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Tom McTrouble, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

Has anyone else in here had a hard time assembling this model? I tried to do so last night and ended up really frustrated trying to line up the two large pieces in a way that didn't leave a large space at either it's left side or the left shoulder where it is supposed to meet the head. I ended up having to use green-stuff in 3 or 4 places and I'll probably have to do a few more tonight. Is this model really this difficult or did I get a bad one?

Abrilete likes this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Probably this. My Avatar needed bending and filling on the arm-torso assembly, and I lost count on the amount of troops with crossed weapons oon the torso whose arms I had to "unbend" so they fit...

3. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I had he same issues with the Dayokai, the moulds definetly have some problems.
    On the other hand, models like the new bike or the second Shikami fit so well that you wonder if you even need to glue it.

4. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

He was frustrating for sure, and there is some gappage.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, mine had some gappage, too. Not obvious at 3', but annoying as hell up close.

6. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

Same here. My daiyokai had some gaps of 1-3mm, needed a fair amount of greenstuff to fix it.

7. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

My Daiyokai model also needed the highest amount of green stuff since my old warhammer days.
    That said, it was the only model from CB that needed this amount, all other models yet only needed minor fixes.

8. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

I use gap filling superglue, it works fine if I make sure any gaps are only in places that are not visible if you don't look very hard for them.

My Daiyo did take some filing down to get a good fit though - I've found that sometimes there can be a small something in the way that makes a gap.

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was dry-fitting and filing and dry-fitting and filing and dry-fitting and filing and cursing and filing and dry-fitting and ...

themadcelt and RejjeN like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation