1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minotaurs Out-Of-Character Thread

Discussion in 'RPG' started by stevenart74, May 13, 2018.

1. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

@Danger Rose Am I right to assume that your talk with your Geist is "private" in that Miyu can't hear it at the moment? Cause I think you mentioned previously that your Geist can be seen and theoretically heard by others as it's not set to private right?

Danger Rose likes this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

@Danger Rose is using 2 different colours. So internal / external.

@Danger Rose I lol'd [emoji4]

Danger Rose likes this.
  3. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

O.K. Since "Bad Luck" is REALLY considered to be a "Mettle Testing for the True Grit of People" then SURELY FATE DECIDED that I have to be even more tested. . .

. . . . .

Wasted Yesterday to take care of My brother's offspring because He is "Too Occupied with Important Work & Other Shit" and OBVIOUSLY My Mother of 80+ Years old could not be the ONLY "Babysitter". . .

Tomorrow I have to go AWAY ALL DAY to take care of many things that are perhaps, at BEST, 10% related to Me and the rest is "Family Shit", but I reasoned AT LEAST TODAY I could take care of what I want, especially of the R.P.G. Campaign that I love to fully develop as It meant to be. . .

Right. . . . .??

. . . . .

NOPE !!!!!

Apparently the IDIOT ARCHITECT that built the Condominium where I live had done so a UBER-SHITTY work (more or less 45-55 Years ago !!) that NOW, TODAY there are Plumbers and Workers swarming all around My Ground-Floor Apartment Garden and Patio cracking open the tiles of the floor and busy excavating the VERY walls in searching for Pipes that leaks Clean Water, Waste Water from Kitchen Sinks and PERHAPS even Toilet Wastes. . . . .

I have a FUCKIN Electrical Jackammer cracking the wall at 2 METERS from the position where I'm writing this on the P.C. and there is JUST a tiny concrete wall that separate the Outside from the Inside, with all vibrating and resonating around. . .

. . . . .

And My mother is just preoccupied to save the "Subzero Freezer Fridge" where She stored costly food from 2-3 YEARS AGO (She is a WW2 "Child Survivor" and has a sort of mild Patholigical Addition to keep the Pantry ALWAYS FULLY STOCKED as another World War is approaching) and that was OBVIOUSLY in the way of the needed earthworks. . .

. . . . .

I still plan to go on with waht I wanted to write, but Times are delayed immensely, so please bear with Me and be patient. . . . .!!!

Danger Rose and inane.imp like this.
  4. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Actually, Miyu and anyone with AR can hear their Internal Conversation. Echo is not in Private Mode and Dreanna hasn't realized it.

It's like one time I thought I was listening to a Kevin Smith interview where he was dropping F-bombs every ten seconds with my earphones, but had not pushed the jack all the way through and everyone in the house could hear it too.

inane.imp likes this.
  5. inane.imp

Can I recommend we go to something like this then (from @stevenart74 in the other thread):

Which is basically what we've largely been doing.

So:

OOC / Questions for the GM / Results of rolls
    Speech / Public E-chat*
    Public announcements and synthesized voices
    Private chat (usually PC-Geist, but you could @PC for PC to PC)
    Group chat (@Network: if we happen to be running multiple Nets)
    Private thoughts

Does that work?

*I think it's useful to have these distinct due to, well, Ateks.

#25 inane.imp, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    stevenart74 likes this.
  6. stevenart74

Good Stuff, I concur totally (I have also now chosen This specific A.L.E.P.H. styled Dark Violet for Robotic Synthethized Voices, such as "Public Speakers and Maya / Arachne Comms" relaying useful Infos (that could range from "Discount Coupons in all Bouboutiques" to "ATTENTION! Emergency !! The Starship Core is due to Catastrophic Fail and explode in 2 Minutes, please head towards the nearby Safety Escape Drop-Pods !!!")

Finishing also some Concept Roughs and other stuff of the Characters. . .

Golem2God and inane.imp like this.
  7. stevenart74

@Beodren . . .

I have now FINALLY edited the answer to Your first post; please feel free to whack the Dummy Training Drones in any descriptive manners that You want and also regulate the interaction with Your Character and the presented N.P.C. in any manner that You feel. . .

Also there is Your Character first roughly coloured sketched concept:

[​IMG]

Danger Rose and Golem2God like this.
  8. stevenart74

O.K. the "Plumbers Invasion" has subsided, for Now (to resume Tomorrow Morning quite early !!). . .

I have now to take care of some other home issues, but later SHOULD be able to post Rough Colored Sketch-Concepts like the one above for ANY Player Character here in the O.O.C. along with "Coloured Rough Vignettes" in the I.C. to go on with "Group Scenes" (the 4 people in the Cargo Bay of the Nomads Ship in Orbit) and the "Single Ones" in New Knossos Island (for the other Three on their own). . .

From these, and Your eventual answers to the things happening, then we will see what could be speedily done to accellerate toward "First Group Assembled Reunion" and then the first "True Fire Tests" as soon as I have PROPERLY well-balanced the Bonus of each P.C. and their "Custom Wargear". . .

As for this @loricus still I have not the Final Draft of Your Character's Sheet and the "Definitive Suggestions" for Your T.A.G. Payloads . . .

If You have no time to put it in the "Modifiable Infinity PDF" just a Written .TXT will suffice. . . . .!!!

inane.imp and Golem2God like this.
  9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I'm sorry I've just had a lot of events leaving me drained (esp. socially). Don't worry I'm still in.

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  10. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

Working on post, even right now. Now a silly question coming from a Noob. The Geist has basic statline. How about Geist skills? are they somehow lcombined with those the owner of the geist? Admittedly I am tempted to make my Geist more oriented either towards hacking devense, or give him observation and Medicine as skills in case I can use geist skills in combination with those of mine.

And response have been delivered.

#30 Beodren, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  11. inane.imp

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/index.php?threads/22996/

That thread explains Geists.

12. stevenart74

I edited all other "Woe, It's Me and Me Misadventures" with more Topic-Germane and useful Game-Related Posts. . .

Please anyone feel free to re-read I.C. Thread from Post 1 to see if everything is smoothly done. . .

Also finished the Loading Bay Vignette. . .

@inane.imp Your Character is NOT REALLY "On Nightmare Seizure" or P.T.D.S. ; just some unwanted bad memories. . .

@Yasashii Fuyu sorry ! But as ANYONE of the other Players said O.K. with a "Sidekick Butler-Helper / Combat Pet" then I upped a little the antes and "Deus Ex Machinaed" a "Suspicious Gift Box" for You. . .

You could accept it and what PROBABLY You yet know it holds inside, or refuse it as an "Evil Plot Hook" and be somehow recompensed in another manner as soon as Your "Devious Gamemaster" (A.K.A. Me !!) will imagine something other well-balanced at the same. . .

As soon as I can I will then go on with other Vignettes to move forward the Story. . .

Feel free to interact as You see fit and continue with Characters Developement. . . . .!!!

13. Beodren

I was more curious about mechanics to Geist, as I more or less get the idea of AI companion constanly being run on com-log. I just wonder how it worked numbers wise within Game mechanics. Is Geist totally separate from player?

14. inane.imp

Beodren likes this.
  15. Beodren

Thank you, precisely answer I needed!

16. stevenart74

FINALLY I was able to load the Vignettes of the various "Cutscenes" for the Character's Introductions (even if far Rougher and Hastily Coloured that I wanted). . .

Now I have to rest a little as Tomorrow will be quite an hefty fatiguing day. . .

When possible will also try to Colour the other Characters Concepts. . .

17. inane.imp

Re: Smuggling. yeah. I won't spend the Infinity Point.

stevenart74 likes this.
  18. Yasashii Fuyu

@stevenart74 Don't worry about it, since everyone seems to enjoy the idea of a sidekick, I too shall have one :-P like I said, it's not like I don't like the idea, I'm just a bit afraid of getting overwhelmed.

Will you be controlling that sidekick? Or am I controlling it like the Geist and my own Character?

I haven't come up with an idea for "what I want" yet, been struggling with that for a while :-P guess I'll have to quickly decide then....

Danger Rose and stevenart74 like this.
  19. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Yasashii Fuyu If you wanted to have a miniature for an older version of Miyu then I suggest getting the Katana Morlock model and giving it some oni horns and appropriate paint scheme.
    [​IMG]

Yasashii Fuyu and Danger Rose like this.
  20. Yasashii Fuyu

Sorry for the delay in my answer, I am still thinking hard about what I might want to come out of that tech coffin that would fit my character and not cross over with my story or any other character ideas I have for my story :-P it's not that easy O.O hopefully I'll be able to come up with an answer by this afternoon as I'm now at work and can't focus on it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation