1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dominating The Grid

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Wulverdron, Apr 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Wulverdron

Wulverdron Well-Known Member

I have a tournament coming up with The Grid as one of the scenarios, and I've been wondering about how to build a list for this mission.

First, the fireteam burst bonus if blunted a bit by almost the entire table being a saturation zone. Fireteam AROs are significantly reduced in effectiveness. This could mean vanilla is worth it; well-placed models could smoke the antennas to deny scoring on turn 2.

Going first is a huge, huge benefit in this mission, so a solid Lt WIP might help- but if you lose the roll, good ARO capability might help to protect your designated target.

Currently I'm wondering if a alpha strike list would work. Even if you lose first turn, a rampaging Sphinx or Avatar could kill off a lot of my opponent's FOs, anti-material weapons or orders, all crippling their ability to score. Its vulnerable to anything with enough defence in depth though.

I play Vanilla and OCF, but suggestions for all sectorials are good- hearing different approaches to solving a problem is always useful.

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well, you can always use the Unidron fireteam bonuses to FO the central and farther consoles with more ease, and an infiltrator in sup.fire with camo goes to -12 pretty easily...

Las time I played this mission, I went the remotes way with Nomads, and it was like "turn 1: mark. Turn 2: guided missile and mark the ones I passed on the first"...

If you go Morat, however, you get Yaogats to ignore the shooting penalizers, and they can ARO with panzerfausts... just bring the Ikadrons!

3. Wulverdron

I don't think this interaction is allowed anymore, as Designating an antenna is not FO'ing it, and the Targeted state doesn't apply to scenery. :<

I do know that you can lay D-charges on the antennas on turn 1 though (as it isn't an attack), so a sneaky Dr Worm can lay some preemptive demolitions to detonate on turn 2, if you have first turn.

4. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Unidron links are made for this mission. Easy FO opportunities and K1 rifle to take out the antennae.

Also an umbra can rock around with it's DA CCW to help finish them off (or even better with vorpal).

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

xagroth likes this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Hellois specified that you can use FO to designate an antenna, and I think that also marks the Antenna. In that regard, it's "turn 1: designate, turn 2: mark and Guide-Missile", with the extra that you threaten the enemy to not take cover near the antennas, since the area can affect them.

Anyway, if you go Onyx, FO'ing and K1/ML against those is, indeed, a good idea. And you can go for the risky option of splitting the Burst in active turn, trying to take an antenna and force a FtF with the ARO troop.
    Id' think, however, that going Vanilla for the smoke and using a Maakrep to snipe through it the antennas is a good idea, specially if you can place her in a rooftop where she can be in total cover if prone. Adding the plus of a Speculo Killer, and you can also go with a K1 xeodron.

6. Santathematic

Santathematic Member

Don't forget to split your BS attacks in a saturation zone, if you can see 3 targets put 1 to each to get your full burst out of the weapon.

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

You cannot use guided missiles on the antennas, as someone said that the Targeted states doesn't allow guided attacked to be shot at non-troopers. I think that's specious, but it's what people at CB have decided.

@Wulverdron what sectorial are you playing? IMO the best way to deal with the antennas is lots of FOs and anti-material ranged weapons with lots of orders.

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd say that it's the consequence of the rules being written without regard to consistency, because you can use FO against anything, but the marked state applies its effects to troops only...

However, I would note that the Spanish rulebook includes a paragraph that the english version lacks regarding the Appendix: Game States (pg 183 spanish book, pg 175 english book), in which it defines:" "game state" is the gaming term that reflects the different situations, positive or negative, in which an Infinity troop can find itself".
    Then DAMAGED state is is defined as "a piece of scenery or of equipment".

So... again, the rulebook is so muddy you can find cause to justify a lot of contradicting postures *shrug*

9. Wulverdron

@Hecaton as I said, I mostly have been playing Onyx.

Going with a fairly generic list, I can field something like this- I don't have a second box of drones yet for the useful R-Drones, and the Malignos could be replaced with another pair of Unidron FOs. I want to run both the KHDs because my meta is getting pretty hack-happy; I am fairly tempted to take a non-hacker Lt for that reason and use the extra SWC for something else, maybe a Noctifer or Spitfire Fraacta.

The only thing this list misses is a stand-out Datatracker. Kerr-nau could do the duty as a fireteam leader, but he isn't very resilient.

[​IMG] The Grid
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] NEXUS Lieutenant Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] KERR-NAU (UPGRADE: White Noise) Plasma Rifle + Pitcher, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON K1 Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON K1 Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON (Forward Observer) Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] UNIDRON (Forward Observer) Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Deployable Repeater + KISS! / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] KISS! Adhesive Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] E-DRONE Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 28)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] Q-DRONE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] MALIGNOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 36)

5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation