1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS 9 Question and Answer

Discussion in 'ITS' started by locksmith, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

And what if you don't? Does the scenario play differently, because now you can Designate destroyed Antennas? That seems to be the conclusion that can be drawn.

2. tyrannosaurus69

tyrannosaurus69 Flatlined console cowboy

@Bobman here's the offending paragraph that was removed from the newest version of the ITS rules, hence the confusion. I took this photo from my Treason book.

20171205_081357_001.jpg

Belgrim and Bobman like this.
  3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I know you like to read things very literally, but I would play it that destroyed objectives can't be interacted with, and cite that bullet point as grounds.

4. Hecaton

I agree that's how it should be played, but I wouldn't feel comfortable citing that bullet point. Part of the problem is there was a lack of awareness of the clause in Disabled about how scenery items stop functioning when in that state, and so I don't rely on logic to figure out how these scenarios actually work... it doesn't get you anywhere.

5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Question regarding the killing state (in scenario where the datracker have to kill the HVT)

My datatracker make the designated target fall unconscious, another of mine trooper perform coup de grace (or shoot it, CC it...) on the designated target and kill it. Do I pass the objective for killing the designated target with my datatracker ?

Same question with the opposite situation (a trooper make it fall unconscious then the dataracker coup de grace it)

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

If you check, for example, Decapitation, you can see that the word "kill" is used consistently both refering to enemy Lts and the designated target. So you can use the same answer that was given if anyone asked about it regarding Lts (do they need to be removed from the table, or just unconscious?).

I'd say its sending the Designated Target to Unconscious (or Dead if he suffers more wounds) what selects the scoring trooper, so it would be the first case counting as "killed with your datatracker".

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

A trooper isn't dead until it enters Dead State. If your Datatracker doesn't score an unsaved wound on the Designated Target during the order in which the Designated Target enters Dead State, then you do not score the extra points.

8. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

To expand on Xagroth's post, Killing is either putting the trooper into Dead state or it being Unconscious at the end of the game.

So if the HVT ends up Dead, the Data Tracker would need to be the trooper that put it into Dead state.

But if the HVT ends the game Unconscious, the Data Tracker would only need to have put them in the Unconscious state.

cobraprime, Arkhos94 and xagroth like this.
  9. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

In Looting and Sabotaging, can you get bonuses from Fireteam members (coordinated orders, friendly models, etc) for CC attacks if the other models are in BtB? I know they're not "engaged", but you're making a CC attack without being engaged already.

10. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Well-Known Member

If you can use MA on them (answer 14) then why can't you get burst bonus?

Short answer. Yes you do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

toadchild and Reece like this.
  11. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Scenery rules and missions like The Grid

As per the scenery rules in N3, is it the intention for the an enemy trooper standing out of LOF but within a circular impact template range to completely nullify the ability to fire at Antennas with weapons such as Smart Missiles.

12. dlfleetw

Smart weapons are the only ones that this "missed" rule is actually effecting as they have to fire in blast mode.

In your scenario, you can get that model in the targeted state and wail away at them and as long as you hit you get the antenna every time regardless of the troopers dodge roll.

That goes along with the can the antennas enter the targeted state (seems like that is the actual issue) We should get an answer for that.

13. Triumph

From what I understand the antennas and targeted state is already case closed, they're not troopers so they aren't subject to it.

Again, point is not that you could get around a poorly written interaction, the point is you shouldn't have to "get around it" in the first place. As I've pointed out it's an asinine distinction between being able to hit the antenna only if you target the trooper.

It's something that if I was playing a new player if it ever came up I would 100% pretend the rule didn't exist, because I'd come across as a huge ass if I tried to explain to them that for convoluted reasons they weren't allowed to shoot the objective. It's the kind of "so sorry but you can't do that explanation" that'd potentially put them off playing Infinity which is the last thing I'd want to do.

14. dlfleetw

Mods being based on the target (Antenna, gets no cover, no mods) doesn't particularly matter until a Camo, ODD etc model is standing next to a scenery item and that is where it skews/becomes an issue.

Targeting the model and whacking the antenna you are subject to the mods but the other way around you are circumventing shooting mods models pay points for.

15. Triumph

That's not a viable answer when that ODD model could try standing further than 0.79 inches away from the objective to maintain their mods. That's not a big ask.

On the other hand on the board I played on today there were 4 Antennas that wound up in such a position where a model could sit around a corner of a building yet be within that 0.79 inches and prevent templates from being used on those antenna. Can you imagine me mid game going to my new opponent and saying "uh, so actually no you can't shoot that one, that one, that one, or that one with the remote you bought today. Why? Because I have dudes standing around the corner. Yes, no, really. Yes, that's a thing you're not allowed to hurt my models so you're not allowed to do that."

Seriously. Walk yourself through that conversation with a new player and think about whether you get out of it with any sort of face left.

16. dlfleetw

From a smart missile launcher...

It is not a big ask to consider the other viable Antimaterial BS weapons that have hit mods etc. When building a list for the Grid.

17. Triumph

Seriously, walk yourself through that conversation with a new player and tell me you aren't thinking wow this is dumb in your head, or that he's not starting to think you're being a WAAC in his head.

That's a pretty good indication of that rule isn't working properly.

chromedog and Reece like this.
  18. Hecaton

I could say the same thing about not being able to put scenery pieces in the Targeted state... in the end Infinity can't model "reality" perfectly. There must be sacrifices made to make it a good game.

19. Triumph

Sure, this isn't one of those things though. It's a pretty easy tidy up of the rules to exempt mission objective structures from that one line of scenery rules. You could add one line of text to a FAQ or the next ITS book on your lunch break.

20. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Can a Designated Target dodge speculative fire shots? (Decapitation)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation