CB just deleted FOUR of my armies

Discussion in 'News' started by Time Bandit, Oct 14, 2024 at 1:16 PM.

1. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Some people would probably appreciate it, especially for ITS in case there's any confusion.

Errhile and Brokenwolf like this.
  2. Big Nest

Big Nest Member

I am very grateful to you for trying to console me. But I am ready to accept only the opinion on France. Pano requires too many proxies. If you need to replace so many miniatures, then you can basically switch to playing with wine corks.

LaughinGod and emperorsaistone like this.
  3. micropoint

micropoint Member

Possibly, could make identifying bit easier under time limits at tournaments, although on the other you would thus be limiting proxying to said official proxies and I'm not so sure about that either.

I do have some proxies myself such as guijia pilot as my warcor and morat tag pilots as my helots from times before they existed and would rather keep it that way, then again, not sure if helots are even in the game anymore.

4. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Hey man, appreciate the shout-out :)

5. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

Am I wrong or was it not said early in the N5 announcements that some factions would be in Army from the start and others would be only released as a pdf. So could all of your "deleted" factions still get limited support in that pdf?

UpirLihi likes this.
  6. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Wasn't it about N4 profils released as pdf at the release of N5 on Army?
    I'm not sure and can't remember where it was said.

7. Romiras

Romiras Active Member

It was said by Carlos in an interview for a
    separate YouTube channel. He said they are going to have pdf’s with profiles for people who want to keep plying N4 if I remember correctly. Which is a terrible idea to be honest :(

Vaulsc likes this.
  8. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

If you put together some rumours and bits of info, like "Corvus will keep all N4 resources online" "OOP sectorials will have a PDF" "Many of our game developers play MTG and like the concept of Legacy matches" you can theorize about a Tournament extra, like Free Mode or Spec Op to allow that factions in tournaments. I suppose keeping online the N4 ARMY and substitute the old weapon chart with the new one, so Damages and stuff work all the same in all the lists in the tournament, could be a patch for this situation. Not ideal and horribly executed, but playable if the organizer allow people play their old armies. Probably we'll have to wait until ITS season part 2, im sure not before December.

But still, is pure speculation. If I were on the communications team, I would have made crystal this clear in minute 1 of the N5 thematic week, to clearly avoid all this panic and bad reputation the company is getting.

At the moment i believe that the tournament extra is the most probable option and the "OOP armies will be playable freely in N5, but with N4 costs and equipments" option is the less likely to happen

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

While I understand and appreciate the emotions expressed, it is a CB business decision and they know probably better than any of us what is best for the company both in the short and in the long term.

The main issue with OOP from what I understand from the various interviews is that while the OOP sectorials were clearly marked people still asked CB for the OOP miniatures, this is both a problem and a confusion for any new players.

Taking a much needed step back, while I understand this is not a solution for everybody, most OOP sectorials that are out of production seem to be playable as a Generic list with minimal changes to the sectorial, maybe with some proxying to similar or equivalent profiles.

Now on a more relevant note, personal attacks are prohibited, I should delete, and I may do it a bit later, quite a few posts, if more show up I may lock the thread and give some time out to the posters involved.

A Mão Esquerda and saint like this.
  10. Senyu

Senyu Well-Known Member

Just started Spiral Corp not to long ago, am big sad. But while we have been giving previews of 'cut' content, do we know if bundling or merging is also one of the goals for N5 army lists? Yes, there is reshuffling of vanilla and such, but has there been any indication that the sectorials heading out aren't being restructured or merged into others? I suppose we'll have to wait and see. Either way, Infinity is iterative. There will be an N6 and things can be revisited if desired.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation