1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which to buy, which not to buy

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Arkhos94, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

WIth the new army pack, many will start adding JSA to their miniature collection.

To know what to buy, I would be curious to know what profile as thought as outdated and likely to be resculpted ?

The arogoto, old starter, old keisotsu, old haramaki and raiden are not in sthe store any more and will be replaced by new sculpt (or already have been with the army pack) => so not buy them

The oniwaban blister is not available on the store too but I wonder if it's a mistake

Any other reference that should be avoided ?

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

There was a mention at first in the blog entry suggesting to buy a pack of Shinobu + Oniwaban blisters, so they might be packed together in the future (Oniwaban have AVA2, so you can pick the starter box and the repacked blister for full AVA... even if it's hard to justify picking so many, unless making a TO centric list).

Asuka Kisaragi also dissapears, she is now the Kuroshi Rider.

3. Arkhos94

Any other that should be avoided ? The oyoroi, karakuri and REM are the oldest Yu-Jing references (not a way of speaking, I ordered them by age on the store to check), any rumor of a resculpt ?

4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

The vídeo of "beyond JSA", where Carlos pointed what models to buy, may give you an indication of which are not going to be resculpted. For example, Takeshi 'Neko', the Karakuri, or Yuriko, are recommended buys and praised in the video for their models despite their age. So don't expect a resculpt for those.

On the other hand, in the same video Carlos said the Aragoto are getting a new box this year.

The REM's are indeed old, but they have their charm and probably sell vey well, so I wouldn't expect a resculpt. The O-Yoroi is one of the first 3D-sculpted models, if I'm not mistaken, so I wouldn't expect a resculpt either.

5. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

And it just got an alt/reposed sculpt in the new event box.

Abrilete likes this.
  6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Rumors are, CB is not going to resculpt REMs any time soon.

Then again, YJ S3 REMs (TR, SML) are among the sanest REM designs in the game, at least chassis still look good enough. Some people do have gripes with weapons and other special details though.

On a personal note, I intend to buy those for my Haqq needs. Gonna use proxy rules change as an excuse, not that I really needed any. On the other hand, for some of you this change means there's little risk in getting those REMs now. Unless you fall in love with hypothetical new releases or something :P

Mahtamori likes this.
  7. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I’d buy the things that Carlos mentioned are good buys. Remotes have limited ROI if you’re on a budget to start, and it’s the infantry that make JSA interesting! I don’t know about you, but I bought JSA to have space samurai march across the table.

8. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

IMO Remotes are almost a must have. The Rui shi is really really good - although, the new Kempetai profile can kind of fill it's role. The S3 Remotes are insanely good too, TR bots are a great crutch for new players to lean on as well as the 8 points repeater bot.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

It's like Eduardo on Tagline, same model with different arms.

chromedog likes this.
  10. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Hence "reposed" sculpt. But it'd be risky to release such if you intended to resculpt the model soon after.

11. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

I'd bet on REMs and the TAG being safe bets. REMS are no more likely to be resculpted than anyone else, and releasing alternate arms for a TAG that's about to get resculpted doesn't make a ton of sense.

12. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

In my opinion, REMs generally age better than, say, old infantry without helmets. It's fairly natural for them to be plain and simple.

That's a reason for them to be put on backburner when it comes to resculpts, possibly.

Abrilete and barakiel like this.
  13. Abrilete

Yeah, they only resculpted the CA remotes because they wanted to go away from the weird-alien-biomachinery and go closer to nowdays MassEffect-esque alien-biotechnology [I don't even know if someone will undertand what I'm trying to say].

McNamara likes this.
  14. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

I was wondering: do you guys think that the troopers from the JSA army box will be sold separately? Hopefully there will be a standalone Keisotsu box and others...

BTW. Any word on any new Ninjas?

15. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Keisotsu box is already confirmed for June and Tanko box for May. Nothing else is comfirmed yet. I think new ninja sculpts are pretty unlikely, there's already 3 different sculpts that are pretty new.

16. Abrilete

CB will release a Keisotsu box, but it'll probably be a 4-man box with SWC weapons/equipment (MIssile Launcher, Hacker...). Those Keisotsu will be different than the ones in the Army Box.

Regarding the rest of the models of the Army box, we need to find out which models are the ones that will be included in the future JSA Starter Pack. Lets say... 3x Keisotsu, 2x Ryuuken, 1x Dayokai, for example. Then, considering the AVA of the profiles, we can guess that in the future CB might release a Kaizoku Blister, a Kuge Blister, an Oniwaban Blister, a Kempeitai Blister and a Kuroshi Blister. CB might even release a Ryuuken Blister, but surely not a Dayokai Blister.

Anyway, those are just guesses.

17. Arkhos94

I would guess 3 Keisotsu, 1 dayokai, 1 kempetai and 1 oniwaban. It's closer to the old starter. Kempetai will likely have blister with other weapon and oniwaban already have it so it make sense. Ryuuken are AVA 3 so it seems logic to make them available in blister

Abrilete likes this.
  18. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I'm much more inclined to guess that the new starter will be identical to the old one. There needs to be a Domaru in the box so that you can have 5 of them. Maybe a Domaru holding an E/M grenade or a new chain rifle sculpt?

19. Abrilete

We already have Neko as a 5th Domaru.

Do you really think CB would release a New JSA Starter with different contents than the ones in the JSA Army Box? With 3 more Combi Keisotsu?

20. RomeoWhiskey

RomeoWhiskey Active Member

My guess is that the new JSA starter will mirror the USAriadna starter which had the same sculpts like the army box minus K-9-team and biker ... so 3 Keisotsu, Kempaitai BSG, 2 Ryuken ... or one Ryuken and the Oniwaban, but I doubt it
    just my two Cents though

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation