1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Karakuri render

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Knauf, Mar 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

That sounds like an interesting idea. I think it could work out in the end.

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I already suggested they could be the Hollow Men's cheerkiller "girlfriends" in the Telegram group... but frankly, now I think it could be possible to assemble a 100% robot faction with the Unidrones, kawaiikuri, Hollow Men, Dakini, several 4-legged remotes, tons of S1 models (peripheral, servant, puppets, piwell...), etc... XDD

The problem comes with said ability being so present on multiwound troops which can only be stopped now with massed fire and then add to that Duroc with Parachutism (Deployment Zone)... Dog Warriors were a headache enough. Karakuris at least cost a lot... but as Mahtamori says, I find it so hard to believe NOBODY has replicated the design after more than a decade and a half.
    Specially since the Japanese Nation owes A LOT of favours to EVERYBODY but for JY, the Combined Army, and possibly some mercenary companies...

Dragonstriker and the huanglong like this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

We've also already got a very good representation of what a robot that refuses to die despite taking a lot of punishment looks like; Puppetactica.

4. IceCream

IceCream Active Member

Obviously, no one has replicated the design because the designs are guarded by Karakuri.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

wuji likes this.
  5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Who are not inmunne to hacking (comms attack), I must note... :joy:

6. IceCream

IceCream Active Member

I'm now imagining a ninja hacker trying to infiltrate the Karakuri factory, hacking all the Karakuri guards one by one, sneaking down hallway after hallway of terrifying geisha-bots, frozen in place. That's some horror movie stuff.

chaos11, Golem2God, wuji and 2 others like this.
  7. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I guess you can do that now. But what faction &/or sectorial would this all robot force use? I'm guessing Aleph O.S.S.S. due to Dakini link & the rules for the sectorial units.

8. IceCream

IceCream Active Member

Nomads and Aleph have the best/biggest selection of robots, but in the lore they hate each other. Maybe an NA2 faction that's the two of them coming together to make a host of robots to fight the Combined Army, because they would be immune to being sepsitorized.

An army that lets me bring Garudas, Vostoks, and Karakuri I would pick up SO FAST.

#248 IceCream, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Golem2God and wuji like this.
  9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Due to proxy validity rules in the ITS document...

ANY faction. What? You discriminating my Chromed Ariadnans? ;p

10. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Ariwch, Abrilete, Golem2God and 2 others like this.
  11. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Not the Karakuri we got but the Karakuri we deserved!!! Jesus, these would have sold like hotcakes to even non Infinity players, CB missed a huge opportunity here cause there Japanese models are a huge draw to the game...

12. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I know they do a lot "Ode" to something like the Suicide Squad /X-Men Nomads but that render of Karakuri might be a bit too much on those nose? So many would be saying they stole it from GiTS. But hey, if it sells and looks good, why not?

Golem2God likes this.
  13. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Personally I prefer the ones we got.

14. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

The circled green elements I would have liked to see a combination of. No soft armored slender torso. No screen saver face. No amputee prosthetic runner's feet. Keep that integrated weaponry, metal hair styles and hard robust joints that are believable for TI W3. Take that hard metal multifaceted and segmented torso from the new art. Then give me 3 different outfits for them instead of naked. One with that kunoichi short dress with upper and lower arm sleeves. That half kimono but with only one sleeve and part of chest and under the arm ribs showing and have that one revealed arm be transformed at the shoulder to don the shoulder armor and forearm transformed into the weapon and the other hand pulling a pistol out of the leg robocop style to really show how much these things transform (dont bother showing the removed clothing hanging off the body, the clothing transforms too). Then that full kimono minus the bottom bit so she can move more dynamically would have been amazing. I wish I the computer and skills to make it. Can only hope CB does a limited box of ideal Karakuri like what they did with the pilot sculpt for the Oyoroi. If they had it, I'm sure it would sell enough to replace the current sculpts.

I mean shit, how much would it cost to make this idea happen, cause a kick starter for such a thing sounds like easy money!!

Attached Files:

Ariwch and Abrilete like this.
  15. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Are you even allowed to disagree?

I'd much prefer something that looks like military hardware over the robot they used to replace servers in loli cafes.

wuji, Golem2God and Hecaton like this.
  16. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I like the new ones and the concept art shared above more than the old ones.

17. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Yea, i like the creep factor of the old one but the sculpts and posing were bad. I've been thinking of doing some head swaps.

18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I find the "Geisha robot" look old and tired, I prefer the new "cute" look as it is not that much overused, and is a thing that is believable in universe.

Dragonstriker, Sunabe and Golem2God like this.
  19. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Maybe in Nomads it's believable. Also, the Geisha designs of what it could have been as seen, look fresh and hot. But you like this Loli stuff so...

20. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Only because they have twintails is not automatically a loli...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation