1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filling the gap, high end units

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Keith, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

So I was thinking about the lack of units in the 50-70 pt range. And thinking of what could fill that spot.

There’s not a lack of HI already. If one was added it’d probably be another character or low ava unit that fills a different roll from the Daiyokai or Shikami.

But I was thinking a really cool addition would be a light TAG. S6 6-6 mov with arm/bts 6. But STR 2 with operator instead of pilot. Climbing plus, stealth and mim -3. MAlvl 2 with a DA ccw. And a AP spitfire.
    Operator is basically a smg ninja with no arm/bts but has mim -6 upgrade. No marker state for him.

let me know your thoughts or if you have any ideas for something that could fill this spot. :)

2. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Nah, Light tags are usually rubbish for their points. CBs point formula doesn't really work very well for them. We shoukd have a proper tachikoma combat REM to fit the rest of the ghost in the shell feel. I'm sore that nomads got a tachikoma (vostok) that is a core linkable wildcard (and bonkers broken too) and we didn't

moto sashi, wuji and Dragonstriker like this.
  3. Keith

Keith The Raven Lord

I resend my previous statement! Lol I like your idea better. XD The combat remote would be amazing. Especially having Yuriko as a wildcard already. Something similar but different to the Vostok would be awesome. Can’t imagine what badassiry would be attached to a 50-60 pt combat remote. But I would play the crap out of whatever it was. Lol

Dragonstriker and csjarrat like this.
  4. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I'd rather Shikami get bumped up to the 50+pt range so they are more competitive. JSA has enough units it's just there is a mandatory overlap so certain things need to be addressed better.

Mahtamori likes this.
  5. Firellon

Firellon Optimising underdogs

Guys, don't we have a proper light TAG already in the range of 40-45 points, named Karakuri?
    I'm really puzzled about what kind of role that mimetic AP spitfire is going to do that would synergise with the current JSA balance (which, in my view, is really good, sans some crappy units like Shikami).
    JSA is all about taking an advantage of the opponent by unconventional means, be it MSV2+smoke, mines and crazy koalas, super cheap melee HI to cut you up in close quarters, gobs of mimetism, superior infiltration with monofilament CCW or total immunity on a very sturdy base that can take an engineer along.
    Honestly, having an AP Spitfire TAG is either going to be useless or will make the faction more dull and boring in terms of meaningful choices.
    You know, why invent creative ways to deal with threats if you can just take a reliable gun on a heavy platform with mimetism?

So I don't think it's a good idea, at all.

QuietusEmissary likes this.
  6. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I just wanna make sure you know that very few people want to give JSA another gun platform. Example, Shikami would normally be something people would suggest slapping a gun on but honestly, it's one of the least common suggestions for it. Usually its improve dodge, BTS, or board control abilities. And if someone does suggest a better gun for shikami, it's never an SWC B4 weapon. People want something MK12 or +1 B combi or x-visor. Cause they like the idea of them using their agility to get into CC, it's just, that last 16 inches of movement is usually covered so getting into CC isnt so easy. Actually, if Climbing Plus allowed cover that might actually help...

Abrilete likes this.
  7. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I would just add another character, maybe a Tanko, with Smoke Grenades and a just OK weapon (like the Marksman Rifle). It wouldn't mean much for long range firepower, but could enable pure HI lists that can close the gap using Smoke without relying on non-HI characters. Nothing groundbreaking, just something for thematic lists.

Being a character means limited availability, and it's easier to balance a unit if you cannot deploy multiples.

8. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I actually like the idea of a Tanko character sharp shooter. But if it's only damage 13 B3, it might as well not be done for a number of reasons. That being said, the Tanko is universally useful. Need an ARO piece in a link, got it. Need a heavy hitter in a coordinated order, got it. Need cheap filler on a corner, got it. There's just a hand full of units that arent used often and they've already been named plenty of times.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation