1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Book of 5 Rings

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by wuji, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Holomask, wildcard and surprise attack. That would be a cool combo. Is that domaru really a Domaru or is it mushashi. Or is this keisotsu mushashi? Would open up some space for shenanigans.

2. Elder71

Elder71 New Member

True, but holoprojectors still leave the question of 'mobility and reaching his opponents' dangling there. I just thought that, in terms of flavour, arriving by an unpredictable board edge neatly mirrored the *real Mushashi's tactics of 'being late' against Kojiro.

I suppose I probably just need more experience in running his current profile. Always been put off it by the drawbacks that have already been discussed.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I mean... with an Lhost body so fast that only machines can match his speed of 6-4 that's rather excessive mobility already... only other non-robot humanoid in game I can think of with this speed is an Lhost on a flying surfboard (Sophotect)

I, too, need to find an excuse to test him now that he's Shock immune.

Edit: Lhost... Lhost... not psychopharmacology perfumes

#43 Mahtamori, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  4. SpectralOwl

I think you mean LHost, unless Musashi has been a perfume elemental in the lore this whole time.

Mahtamori likes this.
  5. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Mahtamori, post: 400732, member:
    Mushashi doesn't have NBW, he's got NWI.
    [/QUOTE]
    That was where I would place him if he did have NBW since my poll had suggested he get NBW. I know he doesnt have it now, I just don't think the master duelist should be man handled by so many people who have NBW and MA, so I made it fair. Which is arguably what most people want to see from him anyways.

6. Mahtamori

Ah, I see. TBH, I think we have more than a little too many NBW+MA units already and with that said I don't think this will make him see the table any more considering how rare those units are and how effective simply gun-hosing them are at removing them. Something like +3 Dodge might provide enough incentive to put him on the table and better bang for the buck, but considering his stats I think his real problem is fireteam-related and/or community perception.

Speaking of too many NBW and perception issues, I think Taowu belongs somewhere in top 10 on your list. CC 21 is modest, but with +1B Viral Pistols, NBW and CC Attack -6, there are very few units that'll have a fighting chance

wuji and Delta57Dash like this.
  7. RedeemedRyan

RedeemedRyan Member

To further cement Carmen's position, she also has MA2...what a beast

wuji likes this.
  8. Exuin.exe

Exuin.exe Well-Known Member

Why not just give him something like counter intel or a special LT profile? It would fit with the lore of the irl musashi being a warrior-philosopher and it would fill holes that JSA kinda needs with it tending to lean more to lower model counts for lists and LI not being a thing in ITS anymore.

wuji likes this.
  9. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I made polls, it included counterintelligence and other stuff.

10. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Give him Guard, laugh maniacally.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  11. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I just wanna say I can't believe I didnt notice Zuleyka has B4 CC. No nods but still, she makes the list at least middle of the pack cause her active turn Attack is pretty fuckin devastating.

12. Mahtamori

3 attacks at most when solo-attacking.
    CC Attack +1B and Breaker Pistol +2B doesn't stack according to the rules for Modifiers on skills and equipment inside brackets.

Delta57Dash likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation