1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Karakuri render

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Knauf, Mar 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

I've been spoiled by star wars endless space and mass effects awesome ship designs

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I think the only reason GitS tends to dominate the conversation here is because it's much easier to trace the visual aesthetic of Infinity back to GitS than Bubblegum Crisis, for example. I'm not saying their hasn't been some influence (especially in helmet shapes, for example) but Infinity pulls a lot of its visual cues from the works of Masamune Shirow and Mamoru Oshii.

Them's fightin' words! I think Gundam does what it does really well, though the series has lost its voice in the past several years (especially after Iron-Blooded Orphans.) That said, there was a trailer for the first Hathaway the Flash film when I went to see the Evangelion movie the other week, and it definitely strikes me as a return to form for the series.

redeemer and toadchild like this.
  3. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

It's only "sacrilege" if you view the stuff as a religious text.

I don't even view religious texts as sacred.

Teslarod likes this.
  4. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Not here.

the huanglong likes this.
  5. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I only watched part of the first Zoids series years ago, I thought it looked cool at the time I watched it regularly. But it lost me at some point and never felt the urge to go back. That being said, and I'm revealing without revealing. I've actually gone through some real shit that the fact that I can enjoy watching anything at all is more than just a surprise to me...

6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

That does make sense. I don't mind the new sculpts and think both designs are good in there own ways. I'll wait and see what the full set looks like when it is previews to get my full feel of the sculpts.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I feel like this translates to, you're still gonna buy it if you play JSA.

8. Quickit

Quickit Well-Known Member

I can't see the images - it just shows "IMG" up top. I've been waiting for years for new Karakuri sculpts!

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Quickit likes this.
  10. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Not so my friend. GITS innocence was released in 2004, a year before Infinity 1st ed. That’s the first time geisha robots were on film in GITS. Before this GITS SAC came out on tv in 2002, where geisha robots feature. And It all began in the GITS manga which was first published in 1989 where geisha robots do turn up to begin with.

#170 archangeleong, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    stevenart74 and Delta57Dash like this.
  11. Dragonstriker

Fair enough- I’d blotted innocence from my memory, sac came out here after infinity and are you sure about the manga because I still don’t remember them (can’t find my tpb right now).

12. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I asked somewhat what GITS:Innocence was about and their response was : "98 minutes of your life you ain't ever getting back."

Errhile and Dragonstriker like this.
  13. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

I read the manga in the mid 90's and it had already been out in English for a few years at that point.

14. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

First iterations of "Company Robodolls" in the Manga weren't Traditional Japanese Geishas but "Swimsuited Teenager Gal" (that went Berserk and,attacked an Elderly Politician Ex Military) and a "French Maid Serving Girl" (that doubled as a fearsome Bodyguard Gynoid with the VERY FIRST "Forearm Pop Up Gun" that inspired Infinity Nanopulser). . .

In the same Episode of GITS Manga there was another Berserk Android that SEEMED a "Tavern Serving Boy" that was also berserk-frenzy and ripped apart some poor hapless victims (judging from blood splatched on the mouthpart even RIPPED bodyparts with metal-ceramic fangbites !!). . .

The action is set in a "Traditional Japanese Ryokan" block, in a cherry tree park, and some other Berserk Androids captured wore ripped outfits that could be similar to Geisha Costumes. . .

In rough concept art Masamune Shirow draw some better done "Geisha Gynoids" but were just sketched drawings. . .

In further following Mangas and Anime the idea of Japanese Geishabots was clearly explored and expanded more and more. . .

Dragonstriker and archangeleong like this.
  15. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Should the chain rifle be changed to a nanopulser? Smaller template, yes. But a secondary BTS attack... and fluff wise more arguable than grinded metal spat out.

16. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I've got something interesting coming up ...
    geishabot.JPG

Errhile, ETEA, redeemer and 2 others like this.
  17. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Nice man, is there gonna be a body? Would you do 3 and make them essentially karakuri?

18. Dragonstriker

Sorry, I meant “sure about having robogeisha?” not “sure about dates?”.

19. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I'm not making them myself, but we are planning on having one body with alternate head/arm variants. Making another body with a different pose might be possible down the line, but I'll have to negotiate that first.

Robotic elements are largely missing still, this is just a first draft of the pose.
    Capture.JPG

redeemer and wuji like this.
  20. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I'm easily imagining a chain rifle exposed from the left arm with any firearm held in the right!!! Awesome!!!

Though, one body for 3 models is hard to field. I'm wondering if you guys can make two upper bodies and two lower bodies allowing for 3 complete bodies with slightly different poses and less work in order to get 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation