1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oniwaban in N4

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Catspaw, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Thomashkis

Thomashkis Active Member

I have read that Shikami is going to get Stealth back, and now this. I must admit both of these changes are superb in my opinion, they give back the flavour to their respective units. Also, it means I have to find my Kitsune now who has been dumped into the bottom drawer of oblivion and set her up in the painting que...

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

It’s exactly the same as getting rid of the TAG/REM/Motorcycle dodge penalties and replacing them with dodge ph annotations on the profiles.

Teslarod likes this.
  3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Not really. The proposal was to add it to all unit with Infiltration, not to remove the penalty from most of them.

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Yes... don’t all TAGs have Dodge (PH=xx) on them?

Teslarod and meikyoushisui like this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I should clarify that I think the ship has sailed on this change and what we’ve got is what we will have for N4. I just think it was a missed opportunity for cleaning and simplifying things to use their new pattern.

6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Right, but not all Remotes and all Motorbike riders in addition to that.

toadchild likes this.
  7. kagemaru

kagemaru Member

well army updated with stealth in shikami and plus 6 infiltration in oniwaban and shinobu..., however the way to follow is get shinobu, she has tools more useful for 6 points more than oniwaban

Teslarod and Abrilete like this.
  8. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

ALL units with infiltration currently have the "infiltration" skill. some have "infiltration[ph=XX]", some have "infiltration[+X]." changing these all to incorporate the PH-3 mod inherent in the infiltration skill for crossing the halfway point and removing that text from the infiltration rule itself would be a streamlining and would ultimaltely only result in the addition of a few characters to profiles which already have the "infiltration" skill.

admittedly I don't know how the ARMY database is constructed so I don't know how difficult that is to manage for the apps, but as to a printed book errata, it's no more complex than some of the other corrections that could be made

Delta57Dash and Catspaw like this.
  9. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

I think we all agree that monoweaponry suffers because of the changes to crit. I mean like a lot!
    In case of oniwanban it was addressed by adding an EM ccw.
    Another, and in my opinion easy and not gamebreaking way would be to give mono the dmg bonus of MA. A dmg 15 mono sound a lot more scary than dmg 12.
    I would like this minor change. Otherwise it could get the trait: crit=dead.

But I guess this are both points already made.

10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Possibly, but this isn't exactly an issue that touches JSA too negatively going from N3 to N4. Oniwaban had it addressed by receiving a more reliable weapon against most units while Shinobu had MA4 and MA3 combined making her more reliable. I can only really find two units where the Monofilament crit changes really affect negatively and that's Hulang (who gitted gud through other changes) and John Hawkwood (who doesn't exactly live and die by his sword).

11. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

I just would like Shinobu to get "bare-handed" CCW or something like that... Sure you can kill squishies with the Nanopulser or the Combi just fine, but there's something very fun and anime-like and badass in Shinobu CC'ing a Line Troop without requiring a Monofilament CCW.

Just straight up approaching someone, not saying a word, sword sheathed, beating them senseless with one hand only, carrying on to her next target, a worthy opponent...

12. Mahtamori

So, like the Pistol she carries?

13. Ashtaroth

Warcor

That's not bare-handed tho...

14. Mahtamori

Well, in terms of gameplay the old barehanded has been designed away; there is no longer much reason for it to exist (except for a couple of exclusively non-lethal units that don't really count). So it's all head-canon from here on. It's a DAM 11 attack; whether that represents a pistol shot, a pistol slam, or a kick in the teeth is up to your imagination.
    Only thing I'm thematically going to miss about it is Domaru E/Ming a TAG and then proceeding to rip it apart by hand using fist-crits like an indignant miniature hulk. Now they're high-tech samurai with a sword that can actually cause potent damage to even the hardiest of targets. Sad state of affairs really...

Ashtaroth likes this.
  15. Ashtaroth

Warcor

In terms of gameplay using a Pistol is far, far worse than using Monofilament, that's just handicapping yourself for no reason. It's a bit lame (gameplay and cinematic wise). But then again, allowing Shinobu to have PH MODs from Martial Arts to any (CC) weapon is probably very broken, but one can dream...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation