1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning To Be Professional [Dahshat Batreps]

Discussion in 'Dahshat Company' started by AssaultUnicorn, Jan 27, 2020.

1. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Thanks for the heads-up! Have your forward observers survived FOing enemies though? That attack seems to be way too risky IMO. Although if you spotlight a corpse that is close to an important enemy model, then I imagine it can work.

2. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

Well, just put it in the dice-calculator: FOing a Fusilier within 16" against his combi-rifle will give you Hunzakut a 65% chance of success against 16% for getting shot. WIth surprise shot you hit 87% against 8% for the Fusilier. That is something I would count on! Not the perfect solution in each situation, but maybe better than advancing a repeater/sniffer and spotlight or sat-lock the target.

To shoot something which doesn't shoot back or moves is nevertheless always better.

AssaultUnicorn likes this.
  3. AssaultUnicorn

Had a recent game with my boy @Capo.Paint of Looting & Sabotage. He played his classic Druze in Limited Insertion.

TM
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    GHULAM Hacker (Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    GHULAM Hacker (Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    GHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    GHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    MIRANDA ASHCROFT Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 24)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Red Fury / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 32)
    HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
    VALERYA GROMOZ Hacker (Hacking Device UPGRADE: Expel) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    DOZER Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    LIBERTO (CH: Mimetism, Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 11)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Druze Bayram Security

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    ARSLAN Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Light Shotgun / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 36)
    DRUZE Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Pitcher, D-Charges / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    BRAWLER (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    SCARFACE & CORDELIA TURNER . (1.5 | 78)
    [​IMG] SCARFACE 2 Mk12, Heavy Rocket Launcher / AP CCW. (1.5 | 61)
    [​IMG] SCARFACE Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. ()
    [​IMG] CORDELIA TURNER Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    VALERYA GROMOZ Hacker (Hacking Device UPGRADE: Expel) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    SAITO TOGAN Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW, Knife. (0 | 39)
    SIERRA DRONBOT HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    PEACEMAKER Spitfire + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (1 | 27)
    [​IMG] AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Enjoy!

4. AssaultUnicorn

I have decided to return to some written batreps for a change. We had an outrageous game of Highly Classified against our good old Ramah player.

upload_2020-11-1_20-50-17.png

Don't let the low SWC count fool you, it is still a very effective list. Hortlak Janissary on the ARO duty is becoming the Haidao of Haqqislam, and Maggie with Mine Dispenser is absolutely disgusting. Nahab KHD for objective grabbing, nothing else aside from that.
    upload_2020-11-1_20-53-23.png

This is pretty much my go-to list for Countermeasures and Highly Classified. It has a nice ARO potential and some strong midfield pieces to accomplish many different Classified objectives. The only thing that is lacking here is a high-burst weapon. While Shihab does have HMG – he is by no means a dedicated active-turn model, at least for me. The HRL Al Fasid is meant to plug this hole with his B3 Rocket Launcher while Hulang and Zhencha accomplish classifieds.
    The opponent won the initiative and elected to go first while I picked the table side with two rooftops in the DZ.

The opponent deployed his Hortlak Core link on the left flank with the Hortlak propped up on the rooftop while the unlinked Ghulam and Naffatun overwatch the midsection of the DZ. The left flank is covered by Fanous remotes and the Monstrucker close by. The left midfield is occupied by the Nahab KHD lying prone on the roof.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I deploy my Shihab and the Monstrucker on the left rooftop to meet the Hortlak and the link team while the right flank rooftop is occupied by the Core link with Brawler and the ABH Sniper both standing up, ready to fire at the Hortlak and the Nahab across the table. The Ghulam Lt. is ready to replace the dead Brawler once he goes down. Unfortunately, all ABH roll shit on their Booty, and none of them get HMG or any kind of Mimetism. One of them picks up Grenades which will become crucial later on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The right flank midfield is occupied by Zhencha Hacker inside the building while the midsection of the DZ houses the Al Fasid whose mine covers up the Core link and the Kameel EVO hacker. Traktor Mul and Fanous Remotes are sprinkled around the DZ, with one of the flash bots placed conveniently under the Shihab.

The opponent, surprisingly, reserves Maggie on the left flank near his Core link (not on the rooftop, of course, near the corner of the building).
    [​IMG]
    I reserve the Hulang on the left midfield flank with one CrazyKoala deployed right under the Nahab.
    [​IMG]
    I spend the extra command token to put Hulang into Suppressive Fire. My defense is as high as it's ever gonna be. The Classified Cards we pulled were absolutely abysmal, the only one we could possibly accomplish were Extreme Prejudice and maybe Predator. My Secondary objective, though, was easy as pie: Test Run.

RTF
    Maggie rolls out in front of the TR bot, her huge Silhouette barely covered by the buildings from my snipers across the table. A couple of orders is spent while Maggie advances towards the midfield closer to Nahab with neither the Shihab nor the TAG taking a wound. At their second to last shootout, Maghariba receives a crit and takes one wound.
    [​IMG]
    Then, she finally downs the Shihab into Unconscious L2. I rub my palms in the excitement of completing the Test Run Secondary Classified.

My excitement subsides when Maggie rolls a bit further and throws one mine next to the Hulang and another on the footstep near the Dozer. She then reloads her Mine Dispenser and retreats back towards the link team while spewing a couple more mines. Leila is outside of the link. She plants a couple of E/M mines near Maggie to really dig in for the next turn. She then reforms the link team so that the Hortlak shoots in the full Core. His second group fiddles about without doing anything.

Dahshat
    I have to deal with mines. I first try to trade shots with the Hortlak Janissary across the map using my Brawler MSR. Both of us end up being just outside 48" and so Hortlak snipes my Brawler into Unconscious. The link is broken, I reform it around my ABH Sniper and think what to do next. I spend two orders in Group 1 moving out my free Fanous near the mines and then jump to trigger both of them, additionally provoking AROs from Hortlak and Maggie. The flash bot explodes to smithereens but my Dozer is now free to repair the TR bot and accomplish my secondary classified. I then put Marksmanship on my Shihab and try to outshoot the linked Hortlak while ignoring Maggie's EXP round. TR bot fails and gets exploded into Dead.

I then move my Hulang through buildings and, after successfully dodging a mine, park him in the same building on top of which the Nahab is hidden. The Hulang uses his last order to plant CrazyKoala on the edge of his ZoC, right under the link team and Maghariba. Should've done that before losing my Brawler and my TR bot to them. FUCK!
    [​IMG]
    The emboldened Bounty Huntress with the Sniper Rifle dares Hortlak to react but the link declares Idle. Because of Hortlak's Mimetism, she misses all her shots while the enemy flash bots try to blind her unsuccessfully. The next order manages to sneak one wound into the Hortlak, but the ABH also catches the Flash Pulse and gets Stunned. The Hortlak grits his teeth and falls prone without triggering the Koala. Then, instead of picking my ABH back on her feet for future overwatches, I move out my Al Fasid into the midfield and spend my last order shooting the enemy Maggie. And, of course, she rolls high enough for the Fasid to fail the FtF roll and fall straight into Unconscious. The Impact Template is generous enough to destroy an E/M mine in front of the Maggie though. The overwatching Maggie gets hugged by the Koala but tanks the armor save. FUCK! (2)

RTF
    Nahab moves down on the ground, dodging the initially planted CrazyKoala, and, completely forgetting about the Hulang next to him, closes in on the Al Fasid, performing Coup de Grace and accomplishing the Main Classified Objective. She does eat Fasid's mine though and goes NWI.
    [​IMG]
    She then weaves around buildings and climbs on the roof where the EVO Hacker was hidden, killing him in CC. One more kill and she'll be able to accomplish the Predator Main Classified.

She spends the remaining orders retreating into Cybermask. The others do nothing.

Dahshat
    I activate my Hulang and try to do Speculative Fire on top of Maggie but my opponent points out that there are no open doorways leading to the TAG that would allow this to happen. So instead I move my Hulang towards the door, open it up, and face Maghariba's Heavy Flamethower. Having only five orders, instead of spending them on Speculative Firing E/M grenades (that would still be fixed up next turn by the Monstrucker's Nasmat), I decided to dodge the Flamethrower and successfully do so while zipping 4" towards Maggie. The next order sees Hulang closing in on the Maghariba. He can almost taste her, 4 inches more and he'll be in CC. He provokes Dodge from the link members by going into their ZoC while waiting for Maggie's ARO. If she decides to Heavy Pistol him on 11s, I can reliably shoot back on 12s with my SMG, potentially shaving off the remaining wounds off her. Instead, she dedices to HFT me. I declare Dodge that, if successful, would still bring Hulang into the BtB contact. I roll for the Dodge and see a 13. I then roll my ARM save and fail two times. FUCK! (3)

The ABH sniper stands up and shoots two Fanous remotes, knocking out one while failing to hit the other and, once again, gets Stunned. I then get tilted and rush my Zhencha Hacker towards the enemy flash bot with the Naffatun, putting two templates on top of them. The Fanous is knocked out while the Naffatun tanks both saves and burns Zhencha to death. I advance the ABH link forward a little bit, preparing for the Turn 3 suicide run.

RTF
    The Nahab moves out and burns through a couple of uses of Cybermask while approaching the Nasmat nearby who successfully dodges behind the corner. Now, if the Nahab tries approaching my Nasmat, she would have to go through Bounty Hunter's sniper fire. The Nahab Cybermasks herself again and uses her movement to go into the BtB contact with the Nasmat who fails to do another Dodge. I goofed the Sniper's ARO and decided to Discover the Nahab instead of delaying and shooting once she unmasks herself by touching the Nasmat. Nevertheless, what followed next was just as outrageous as the Hulang failing to Dodge the HFT. She tries killing the Nasmat in CC twice. The first attack is tanked by Nasmat's BTS 3 while the second attack results in Nasmat's crit on an 8. He glues down the Nahab.
    Maggie shifts her position towards the center of the midfield and tries to have a shootout with the ABH sniper but accomplishes nothing. The Sniper fails to keep standing and falls Prone. And then all the Orders are spent. Monstrucker fixes up one of the flash bots on the right flank and then places Drop Bears all over the place.

Dahshat
    I cackle insanely while considering my next move. I was incredibly lucky that my opponent did not complete the Predator Classified and so I have to make up for this situation by completing at least one Main Classified and then let my Secondary Classified break the tie by 2 points. I move a couple of models into Group 2 so that my link has the needed orders to go and do their deed.

I activate my link team and start moving my Sniper down the ladder while having a shootout with Maggie. The Sniper inflicts one more wound to the TAG and climbs down. They then move down the edge of the right flank, barely avoiding Maggie's LoF. The point man is the SMG ABH with Grenades. She sees the enemy Fanous that the Monstrucker had repaired and tries to out-shoot him, but neither of them is hit. The second to last order has her move out of cover inside 8" of the Fanous while the other link members go in front of the Naffatun's long-range AROs neither of which connects.
    If I choose to SMG the Fanous it will fall prone and open up the trigger area for two Drop Bears and a prone Monstrucker who will surely halt my advance and not allow me to complete the Extreme Prejudice Classified. So I have to opt for Grenades instead. The second short skill sees my ABH throwing two Grenades on top of the Fanous, also clipping the two Drop Bears and the Monstrucker nearby. I roll a 6 and a 9 (nice) while the Fanous rolls a 7. That single ARM save is enough to knock it out while the two successful hits also remove the Monstrucker (who failed his Dodge) with his toys off the table. The last regular order sees my link advancing with full MOV-MOV hoping that the Naffatun would miss his shot (which he does) and then the Ghulam uses his Lt. Order to get into Silhouette contact with the Fanous, ape out, and club it to death with the butt of his rifle, accomplishing the Extreme Prejudice Classified.

With all that, we both gain 3 Objective Points each for accomplishing the same number of Main Classified cards and I get additional 2 points for the Secondary Objective, making it a 5-3 Dahshat (Pyrrhic AF) Victory.

– I lost all my favorite units to this game. Hulang had ONE JOB and he FAILED at it. Now, dodging on 12s was never great, but the +2" Bonus makes it seem worthwhile. Don't fall into that trap. Maybe I should have been throwing E/M Grenades on 9s which, you know, was plausible, but I doubt that two/three Orders later I would have the resources to close in and finish it off. I had five Orders left and I was uncomfortable spending them on Speculative Attacks, especially given the Monstrucker's Nasmat close by. I had to kill it.

–The Zhencha being in the same Combat Group as the Hulang also did not help since I had no orders to move Zhencha out to deal with the Monstrucker. It would have been a plausible strategy had I had Zhencha in Group 2.

– Don't rely on Booty to give you an HMG, it's a 5%-chance to receive it. High-Burst weapons are a must.

– I should try out Maggie sometime in Dahshat. Maybe I'll go as far as buying one and giving it to a painter. Mine Dispenser with Baggage sound like fun :^)

#24 AssaultUnicorn, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Plex, SpectralOwl, Golem2God and 2 others like this.
  5. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

Well, that is one way to win a game. It feels like your list-idea was a bit countered by your opponents choice of units, since there were not many different threads for the Maghriba Guard and only a few things to break through the defense. But maybe the map favoured this a bit. Was there any obstruction in the second storage, or were all the buildings mainly of the same height?
    Maybe you should have skipped the Fasid to get a Bashi, a Libertos or a Hunzakut in there to have one more skirmisher out there to move unseen by the Hortlak and set up some traps for the Nahab and Maggie. Now you had to rely on dice the whole game. First with the ABHs, then with the dodge-rolls of the Hulang, which was the better option, compared to E/M-grenades. Imagine a repeater there to hack it with the Zhencha, before the Hulang approaches.

Nice to see real miniatures on the table there, btw! And as always: thanks for the good read!

6. AssaultUnicorn

Maybe, but I really wanted to try out the all-regular Dahshat list, even if it is not the strongest list on paper. I had to include a Hulang since he has such a wide array of Classified Objectives he can accomplish (sadly, the other two objectives were for MSV/Sensor and for Doctors/Engineers to be in base contact with the HVT). As for the Repeater – Leila had Maggie covered, and my odds of hacking Maghariba were on 10s because of the ECM, and even with a Surprise Attack it would make Maggie roll for 11s on Reset. I need to buy Kum raiders and include one or two of them with E/M CCW.

Currently, I am just trying to force-feed myself with the Hulang and really master him. Unfortunately, this often means cluttering his position with cheap disposable shit like Libertos or Hunzakuts. I understand that they are the auto-include models in Dahshat, but fielding them in your every single list is getting boring. In the end, the meta for shootouts hasn't changed with N4 in the slightest: cheap trading models are still the name of the game.

Capo.Paint likes this.
  7. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

... wait, what Fireteam was the Hortlak in?

Because Hortlaks can only join Janissaries, and I don’t see any Janissaries...

8. SpectralOwl

I think (annoyingly) the pile of cheap midfield stuff is the only way to get the Hulang to work reliably. He's in the same awkward situation as the PanO Locust of being too vulnerable for the firepower he offers, and requires a tailored list to avoid throwing him away in several matchups.

I'm curious about the situation with the Hulang vs. Maggie in the report though, it seems like you were 12" from the Maggie after opening up the door, but were close enough to consider Spec Fire before that? Remember that while Spec Fire requires a trajectory between the attacker and the target, the trajectory doesn't actually have to make sense; the only terrain situation that prevents a Spec Fire attack is one or both troopers being in a fully sealed building, so you could have attacked through the door the Hulang initially entered unless you closed it behind you.
    They count as Janissaries, so it's in a Janissary core with a mountain of Characters. It's one of those confusing-as-all-get-out soup Cores with none of the actual unit it's meant to be a team of in it.

AssaultUnicorn likes this.
  9. Delta57Dash

I get that, but they don’t actually have the Fireteam: Core skill according to army.

You have to have at least one unit with the actual Fireteam skill in order to form the Fireteam. So, as far as I understand it, you need one actual Janissary to form the Fireteam in the first place.

10. SpectralOwl

In short: Fireteams are not a skill.

In long: Some (nearly all) Fireteams require a troop with a skill in order to declare them, but Core is an exception to this (check the Annex, Fireteam:Core really isn't a skill) and only requires that A: the Sectorial Chart allows it and B: at least one member is actually of the allowed unit or counts as it (all-Wildcard teams or explicit mixed options like the Dahshat Rui Shi don't work). Due to this a Hortlak, Wild Bill and Wildcard Core is legal, but a Haris wouldn't be since Haris does require the Skill. Fireteam: Core is only listed in Army for the sake of convenience, and this has caused much confusion. I recommend going to the Rules subforum if you want further clarification on this issue.

11. Delta57Dash

Ahhhhhh ok I see. I hadn’t realized that Fireteam:Core wasn’t actually a skill like the others.

That is super weird and not at all intuitive, but I see why that Core works.

12. AssaultUnicorn

To break it down: the Hulang was hugging the wall in the building that had an open door facing my DZ and a sealed door facing the opponent's DZ. That sealed door was also four inches to the left from where the Huang was. I could tell that I had 8" between Hulang and Maggie because I had previously deployed a Koala right under her nose, so Speculative Fire was a viable option. However, since I had to open the door that faced the opponent's DZ to be viable, I decided to go for a straight CC Attack with Dodges. But now that I think of it, considering that the enemy Nahab had gone down the ladder of the same building and moved past the doorway from which the Hulang would have been able to see him – I think Hulang did actually close the door behind him. Not entirely sure, but that's a possibility.

Today's game of Highly Classified against Starmada did Hulang more justice. He managed to awkwardly plant a Koala next to the LRL Crusher and then engaged the Crusher Parachutist in CC which in turn forced the LRL Crusher and Hector to magnet towards the Hulang. This resulted in Hector getting Isolated twice while Hulang tanked two D-Charge slaps from Crushers and killed both of them in CC. He did die to Hector's CC Attack but that attack resulted in Hector getting exposed which allowed Rui Shi to blast him out of the sky.

Regarding the Hulang having to be surrounded by cheap tradeable models: guess who was also featured in that list against Starmada.
    upload_2020-11-2_21-51-40.png

The upgraded Fasid was also a nice addition even though he was not connecting shots with his Smoke LGL for shit. Coupled with the Ghulam Hacker he actually had several solid opportunities at Speculative Attacks. But he was ultimately just a toolbox unit for that mission.

#32 AssaultUnicorn, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    SpectralOwl likes this.
  13. AssaultUnicorn

Alright, that game was pretty amazing.

We played a one-mission tournament on March 5th, the mission was Quadrant Control. I had been playing WhiteCo and QK lately so I wanted to return to Dahshat for a change. I had a safer list and a riskier list in mind for that mission. I decided to go with the riskier one.

Quadrant Extreme

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]3
    HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Shotgun, Shock Mines ( | Deployable Repeater) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 18)
    HÚLÁNG (Forward Deployment [+8"], Minelayer]) Submachine Gun(+1B), E/M Grenades, D-Charges, Crazykoala / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon. (0 | 42)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Sniper Rifle / Breaker Pistol(+1B), PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0.5 | 19)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 12)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 12)
    BRAWLER (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 27)
    LIBERTO (Mimetism [-3], Minelayer]) Light Shotgun, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 9)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    GHULAM (Lieutenant [+1 Command Token]) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    FASID Heavy Machine Gun, Grenade Launcher, Smoke Grenade Launcher, Shock Mines / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 53)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Hacker, Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 41)
    GHULAM (Doctor [+3]) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    NASMAT PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

A bunch of tough and Irregular models starts the game in the midfield at the expense of a somewhat limited high-burst arsenal, the Al Fasid HMG being the only guy able to dish out 4 shots unlinked. The midfield stuff is expected to do all the legwork here, with the defensive link being an anchor that would prevent the enemy from flanking my skirmishers. Order efficiency is the key here.

Tartary Army Corps

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    SPETSNAZ (Mimetism [-3], Parachutist]) AP Rifle, Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 30)
    SPETSNAZ (Mimetism [-3], Parachutist]) Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, D-Charges / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 31)
    SPETSNAZ (Surprise Attack [-3], Camouflage, Mimetism [-3], Decoy [1]) Heavy Machine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (1.5 | 38)
    LINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    LINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 9)
    LINE KAZAK Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 16)
    LINE KAZAK Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 16)
    COLONEL VORONIN (Lieutenant [+1 Command Token], Strategos L1) T2 Boarding Shotgun / AP CC Weapon, Pistol. (0 | 26)
    TANKHUNTER AP Heavy Machine Gun, AP Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 38)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    VASSILY (Chain of Command) T2 Sniper Rifle, D-Charges / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 40)
    TRAKTOR MUL (Deactivator) ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 5)
    TRAKTOR MUL (Deactivator) ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 5)
    DOZER Rifle, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    DYNAMO AP Spitfire / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 24)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The opponent later admitted that he just wanted to try out an AP HMG TankHunter. I was expecting Streloks, but this list ended up having no midfield units at all. Kazak link is a serviceable defensive Core, Plushenko is another layered ARO model and also a long-range scalpel with T2 Sniper Rifle. Spetznaz HMG and Dynamo are the main heavy hitters. Parachutists are expensive enough to score quadrants all on their own, but they lack extra wounds to survive for more than one round.

We roll for the initiative, the opponent gets a 12 and I get a 13 so I baraly manage to win this. I choose to deploy second. The DZs are both roughly equal in terms of cover so I just pick one on a whim. The opponent decides to go first.

The Kazak snipers deploy on roofs, as expected, a couple of camo markers occupy rooftops on the other flanks and a couple more are hidden behind buildings. Voronin is the link leader, stretching out the Coherency to its limits. A couple of traktor muls behind buildings, a Dozer on the rooftop.

I deploy the ABH+Brawler link on the roof top on the left side of the DZ. Bounty Hunter sniper rolls a Panzerfaust, the others roll an MSR, an HMG, and a Monofilament CCW. Up the midfield on the same flank is the Mimetism (-3) Liberto with a mine. The right flank is occupied by a Fasid, one mine covering the lower right quadrant edge, and a Ghulam Doc+3, her Nasmat being next to the link team. A bit further from him are another Liberto with a mine, and a Zhencha. Hunzakut is located in the center of the table, ready to put her 18 pts where needed.

His reserve is a Dynamo with AP Spitfire, my reserve is Hulang right next to my HVT, and a Koala.

I spend one CT to drop Hulang into SF, covering the flank of my Zhencha and my Liberto.

TAK

Dynamo holds his shit together and burns down his Impetuous order. A BSG Spetznaz deploys on the farther right flank, with Zhencha in his ZoC but separated by a couple of crates. He slinks between buildings and discovers Fasid's mine before meeting eyes with my Hulang and Liberto's Shock Mine. Initially wanting to shoot the Hulang, he realizes that he's in the 0 range bands and decides to dodge instead which proves to be a success, Hulang's shots whiff due to the Decompression area between the two. Spetznaz then slices the pie to meet eyes only with Zhencha and successfully discovers him. He then retreats while dropping a couple of AP slugs into Zhencha who responds by putting a Teardrop Template onto him. The trade is successful: Spetznaz whiffs his shots thanks to Zhencha's Mimetism and is knocked out Unconscious. Dynamo rides about and successfully shoots his Mine Dispenser into the center of the table, relatively close to the Hunzakut. He then shifts behind a building in the upper right quadrant and enters Suppression Fire.

Dahshat Company

Zhencha starts moving and makes a WIP roll against Spetznaz' Unconscious body, successfully completing the Classified Objective. He then enters the far right quadrant and re-enters the Camo state.
    The non-Mimetism Liberto follows up by knocking down the enemy DZ. He gets discovered by the Kazak link but reaches relative safety, only seen by the camoed Plushenko and being in Dynamo's back arc. He proceeds by blasting both of them into Dogged with his LSG. Then the Liberto tries shooting Traktor Muls but they all dodge and the Dogged Plushenko slots him with his heavy pistol.
    The other Liberto approaches the far left flank, gets into total cover near the left edge of the table after getting discovered by Kazak snipers, and then plants a mine next to him to blast away any parachutists that might enter the table nearby. The Al Fasid peeks out and shoots down Dynamo's mine. A Fanous on the left flank sneaks around blind spots of the enemy snipers and breaches the lower left quadrant, successfully dominating it. Hunzakut also moves up to the enemy quadrants and plants a mine next to a narrow pathway.

With the Classified Objective completed and dominating all four quadrants, I score 4-0.

TAK

Dynamo and Plushenko are dead and the opponent has to retaliate quickly to turn the tide in his favor. He moves out his Spetznaz HMG and after getting discovered by my snipers directs him to the firing position. He slices the pie and unloads into the Brawler Sniper who miraculously survives the shots but fails her guts check (shoulda left her standing by expending a CT). Spetznaz then peeks out to see the ABH sniper and headshots her into Dead. Traktor Muls move up to their respective quadrants and the TankHunter AP HMG reveals himself by trying to Discover my Zhencha nearby. He fails though and decides to not move the TankHunter anymore. The Kazak link moves up a bit, Voronin gets inside the building on top of which one of the Kazak snipers is holed up.

Dahshat Company

I have to deal with the Traktor Muls but first my Zhencha will have to remove the exposed TankHunter. Prior to this, Fasid shoots his smoke LGL to cover Hulang's approach to the far center of the table. The Shocktrooper gets inside the building right next to the enemy Baggage bots and then plants his second CrazyKoala in ZoC of the enemy link, effectively taking them hostage so they wouldn't dare trying to Discover or Shoot whoever is in their LoF. He also outscores the HMG Spetznaz.
    Zhencha then closes in and double-taps the TankHunter with the template BSG while TH tries shooting him with AP HMG up close. Miraculously, he hits Zhencha and knocks him into NWI while also tanking both ARM saves. Zhencha retreats and tries shooting him with the hit mode but TH tanks these hits as well. Zhencha stops trying and then retreats back, firing a couple of ranged shots with his BSG hit mode, hitting and knocking out both Traktor Muls from behind so they don't score any points in those quadrants. He spends his last order retreating a bit and taking a free potshot at the Kazak sniper who does not react so as to not provoke the Koala. Kazak tanks the BSG hit successfully though.
    Hunzakut also advances further and sits in the narrow pathway.

3 more Objective points are scored, making it 7-0.

TAK

The AP Rifle Spetznaz enters the far right quadrant, just barely outside Zhencha's ZoC. He proceeds to shoot him in the back a couple of times, successfully removing him. The HMG Spetznaz has a clear shot to the CrazyKoala and destroys it in one burst, but he is now in his DZ and outside the far left quadrant. While he does that, the Mimetism Liberto next to him uses that opportunity to dodge and cover the corner the Spetznaz was hidden behind with his LSG. However, Spetznaz takes a step back and moves out of cover to be outside of Liberto's template range. The froggo tries dodging but doesn't succeed and is removed from the table.
    Dozer on the rooftop stands up and trades shots with the Hunzakut without either of them dying.
    With Koala removed, the link moves out, breaking coherency with one of the snipers and dropping down to the 4-man Core. The humble Line Kazak with a rifle tries shooting the Hulang inside a building and sneaks in a lucky crit. Hulang goes NWI but keeps standing. The other shots are less successful: Hulang tanks all of them. With that, the opponent has no orders left.

Dahshat Company

I'll win either way so the only things left for me to do here is removing the enemy army points. The Hunzakut is the closest person to the Parachutist Kazak so she tries killing him but is shot into Dead instead. There is noone in the lower right quadrant so I move out my Fasid who smokes up his advance, tries shooting the Dozer from afar but failing to kill him. Once inside the quadrant, he attempts to grenade the Spetznaz Parachutist with the Speculative Attack but misses the shot. I do not move out my Hulang because he outscores the Line Kazak who had tried killing him.

With 3 quadrants under control, I score 10-0

Dahshat Company wins

– Keep asking your opponent how many models/orders he had on the table during his first turn to keep in mind whether there are any additional AD troops.
    – Dahshat does not need linked Rui Shi to be good. The notion is confirmed once again with this game. Midfield presence is strong here.
    – I was lucky to not meet any of the enemy midfield troops myself. A couple of Streloks should have been there to stall my approach. Instead, the opponent doubled down on Spetznaz Parachutists. While they do have an excellent flanking potential, they are prone to getting flanked themselves if left exposed after their Active Turn is over.
    – If the enemy link is paralyzed by a CrazyKoala – use it to your advantage. I should have activated my surviving Brawler MSR and take a couple of unopposed shots at the enemy link team. Even if they react – the entire link activates (snipers declare BS Attack, others declare Idle), giving my Koala the excuse to explode in Voronin's face and dropping the opponent into LoL.
    – Three Irregular orders in a 15-order list is stretching it. The reason why I could not utilize my Core in the active turn was that I had to spend all of them into my midfield skirmishers. Active Turn snipers may prove beneficial on some occasions when there is an unlinked enemy model exposed at long range begging to be shot.
    – Keep your smoke close to your MSV. Fasid and Brawler were on the opposite ends of the DZ which resulted in a situation where I could not employ any MSV+Smoke tricks which could have allowed me to take out snipers one by one or move the link into the midfield.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#33 AssaultUnicorn, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation