1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity and 40k

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by LankyOgreBP, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Perhaps. It would be a somewhat easy conversion to accomplish. Maybe Necron it more by using all Necron bits, giving it one eye and other similar aspects. It can even be used as those new Necron bucket bots shown here:
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/MKsAAOSwL1VfJkC4/s-l1600.jpg
    [​IMG]

2. Golem2God

I was actually goign to type that into my first response but forgot to do so. He'd defiantly would bide his time and be patient until the time to strike happened. Though he'd probably wait a good hundreds of years before he would get a chance to try subverting her.

3. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Oh, he can wait. How long ago did the Necrons go into hibernation..? A few hundred years would be like one week more from the Bunny King's perspective... ;)

And good idea re: the Bucketbots. Heh, I actually have them. Even though my idea would be just taking the SpotBot and putting it in the midst of the Silent King set (which is going to be quite complex).

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  4. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Cryptothralls: When your keg party goes horribly wrong. (they look like someone stuck arms and legs onto one of our style of beer kegs (I'm not sure if it's a global standard thing or not).

Dragonstriker and jherazob like this.
  5. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

The fandom is calling them Murder Buckets, and i'm still waiting for somebody to put a KFC logo on the side of one

chromedog and Golem2God like this.
  6. Golem2God

That sounds like a sight to behold. I'd like to see a picture of it when you are finished.

7. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Because they were an existing WFB race that needed to be shoehorned in to this new setting.
    Tyranids didn’t eat everything back then anyway, they were just another xenos race with the quirk of biotech and mind controlled slave species.
    Tyranid and genestealers were also entirely separate which is why genestealer cults are a thing.

chromedog, Golem2God and Ashen_Seeker like this.
  8. Golem2God

Found this picture on Dakka Dakka and thought I should share:
    [​IMG]

9. Varsovian

Nice! But I can't place some of these guys. The brain-eating meteor is from the old Maniac Mansion game, right? But what is a Decapodian or an Irken?

10. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Irken is probably something from invader zim? Something about the green skin and red eyes. Never watched it bar a commercial.
    Decapodian has distinct cthulhoid appearances. Only drawn through a bad anime filter.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  11. Golem2God

The Irken is from the 90's show Invader Zim and the reference about height is based on the Irken leaders being taller than the rest of their kin. While the Decapodian (after doing a search) is from Futurama. The species of Crab people that one of the characters Dr. Zoidberg is part of.

12. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

The Taxxon and Hork-Bajir are from Animorphs, the YA novels that SHOULD have got all the focus in the late 90s but instead everyone bought Goosebumps and Harry F***ing Potter and frankly I [insert seventeen hour rant about Robert Galbraith here]. They're actually enslaved by another species called Yeerks, who are like Gou'ald but don't have hilariously woeful weapons tech that sees them get their asses kicked by 2 USAF troops, 1 doctor, and 1 rouge Jaffa with P90s and MP5s.

Axelius and jherazob like this.
  13. Varsovian

Ah, thanks! Genestealer Zoidberg... heh.

And Ectonurite is from Ben 10, it seems.

14. Golem2God

Ya that is correct.

15. Varsovian

Hm. Now I'm trying to imagine a Genestealer Shasvastii and my mind boggles. That would be one ugly creature...

16. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

there's a "Yo momma" joke in there that i'm not going to make...

jherazob and chromedog like this.
  17. Golem2God

That would be an interesting thing to see. I think at least a portion of the Shasvastii race would become infected with the Genestealer strain. Some Shas might accept being infected as an controlled experiment in their species' quest for survival. Just like the Eldar from Craftworld Zaisuthra who all willingly accepted the Genestealer Kiss due to them not having Soulstones to save them from Slaanesh. Considering what we know of the Shasvastii mindset it isn't far fetched that a group of them would do the same.

18. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Don't know, wouldn't it be more likely that the Shasvaasti become the Genestealers? Over the millenia, they just begin assimilating the dna of other races and making big monstery Shas!

Golem2God likes this.
  19. Golem2God

If they included Tyranid/Genestealer dna then they'd come under the sway of the Hive Mind. Tyranid dna is designed to dominate creatures it infects. If their goal in overcoming Genestealer is to use Tyranid dna it will be a Trojan Horse event. As long as they stay away from using the species dna they could create something monster-like. Though I bet a couple of Shassvastii groups would end up trying to integrate Tyranid dna before outside groups notice "Is Pod 7974 is acting weird?"

20. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Right, but the other way around. Not the Shasvaasti including Tyranid DNA. The Shasvaasti (or, one of their ships drifting out there, possibly never having met the Combined Army) engineer their DNA to infect other species and assimilate their advantages, and in a few millenia, they're invading the galaxy with the help of their cults.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation