1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C1: Stacking Dodge Penalties

Discussion in 'Rules' started by TheDiceAbide, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It was the basic rules of the full N3 rule set that said you could, but it was overruled recently (ish), though I can't pinpoint where it was overruled because I can't find it in answered questions nor in FAQ with simple search.

2. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

sadly, I could not find it in the N3 book either, but this is a C1 thread and N3 rules are just a faint memory in the future ;-)

toadchild likes this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

You discussing "can you change facing when you Guts Prone, or only when you move the 2" as part of the Guts"?

I honestly didn't think that was answered one way or the other.

toadchild likes this.
  4. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

No, or at least I wasn't. It was the free Alert!/Warning!/whatever it's called now whether or not you used your ARO.

5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'm not sure what you're saying - was there a question about how N3 Warning worked? It seems pretty clear to me.

6. inane.imp

You're talking about Warning! That's never been ambiguous.

//

The ambiguity about being able to change facing without movement (ie it was in the basic rules but not in the code rules) was with Guts. Specifically with passing a Guts Roll and still being able to turn to face.

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/index.php?threads/26397/

It got fixed in FAQ 1.7. The original English wording was correct: you can't change facing on a Successful Guts Roll.

It's still ambiguous if you can do it on a failed Guts Roll that results in the troop going Prone without any other movement.

None of these are an issue for Code One though. :)

toadchild likes this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

No, I was talking about turning to face opponent when you used an ARO when attacked, just like Sabin. There was an old forum answer where Koni said you can because of a passage in the basic rules, but I think that was removed by harmonizing the rules with Spanish version, I just can't find references to it in FAQ or otherwise...

Sabin76 likes this.
  8. Bobman

Bobman MERC

It was ruled a long time ago that going prone didn't allow a change of face.

Obviously in the land of reversals and the unanswered new question that means nothing.

9. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Neither the people on the forum, nor the rules authors, have been replaced by fresh stock. So I fail to see how any of the previous disagreements in semantics would go away. :speak_no_evil:

10. inane.imp

See the thread I linked. It was @HellLois in a discussion about Guts. Which is why I associate it with Guts not Warning. We're talking about the same thing, just misunderstanding what either meant. :)

It's still flagged as unsolved in the Unsolved questions thread. So if you could point out where it's solved and tell Arkhos that'd be awesome!

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/unsolved-question-list.26932/

11. Bobman

Bobman MERC

It was in ancient times. Which is why I mentioned with the new thread it's meaningless.

inane.imp likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation