1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O-12 vs links

Discussion in 'O-12' started by FreezeZ, Feb 19, 2020.

1. FreezeZ

FreezeZ Well-Known Member

I have recently played small game (2oopts) against Tunguska and I couldnt find way to crack his link team. What tools does O-12 have to do so?

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Depends on what kind of link teams – what kind of team in particular is giving you trouble?

High modifiers? MSV? just any old plain Securitate team?

3. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

As Mike says - depends on the team. But as a rule, you want to give them bad choices to make. Fireteams are fragile because they have to be close together, and some templates can often get you into situations where you can hit more than one at a time. If you're facing off against grenzers, you can often blind them White noise from your cyberghost hacker+, which gives you some tricks to pull (see the Sirius tactics tab in this section of the forum for details). Also, you have good drop troops in the deltas that can offer some unexpected attach vectors, you might consider those as well. But yeah, let us know what you're facing, and we'll throw out some ideas.

Numazokola likes this.
  4. FreezeZ

It was plain securitate link.

Nomads
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5
    SECURITATE HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 21)
    SECURITATE Feuerbach / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    SECURITATE Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    SECURITATE Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    SECURITATE Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

2.5 SWC | 90 Points

Open in Infinity Army

An my list was:
    O-12 Gamma

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    CHO Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    VARANGIAN Light Shotgun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    VARANGIAN Light Shotgun, Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    SIRIUS Red Fury + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29)
    [​IMG] SIRIUSBOT Heavy Riotstopper / Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
    GANGBUSTER Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, MadTrap / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    GANGBUSTER Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Submachine Gun, MadTrap / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    GAMMA Feuerbach / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 58)
    KYTTÄ Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

2.5 SWC | 200 Points

Open in Infinity Army

5. MikeTheScrivener

Building on this – Generally if they have just a standard line troop team you can brute force it. Epsilon HMG or even a Gamma HMG have perfectly fine odds for outshooting them. Deploy smoke if you're using the epsilon and afraid of taking multiple AROs. The Gamma is great at removing pieces that have little chance to hurt him in return.

I would fit an HMG in your list. Even something like a Dakini HMG + MM2 goes a long way for dismantling link teams. Leveraging burst on your active turn is the premiere way for taking out tough AROs.

ZlaKhon and barakiel like this.
  6. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

An Omega would do a hell of a job with that. Or a Betatrooper with almost anything stands a good chance in cover.

MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  7. FreezeZ

Yeah. That was my conclusion after the game.
    I tried using varangian to break the link but I was one order short.

MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  8. MikeTheScrivener

O12 has no shortage of HMG wielders – utilize them! it's an army strength and a powerful one at that.
    Varangians can always be an answer if you have enough orders – something to keep in mind but in this case I would say it was the wrong call.

9. FreezeZ

At that moment it was my best option. I wasn't able to find better angle.
    So maybe I should replace Feuerbach with HMG and Team Sirius with epsilon HMG?

10. MikeTheScrivener

O-12

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]3
    OMEGA HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 48)
    SIRIUS Red Fury + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 29)
    EPSILON Shock Marksman Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    WARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

3.5 SWC | 199 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Off the cuff, this is something I would play – good ARO, great gunfighters for dealing with camo and strong AROs alike.
    Admittedly, I'm not the biggest fan of the Gamma – he's alright, but he's up against some really tough alternatives in the army. I think it's important to keep units like Sirius and the gangbusters in the army, especially at 200 points. With fewer orders you're going to want pieces that already start in an effective position.

11. FreezeZ

Cool list. I used Gamma because i wanted to use it and check it out. I had second list prepared.
    So basically the best way is to use brute force or smoke/white noise to limit number of AROs? Outshooting guys hitting on 18 seems hard.

Numazokola likes this.
  12. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

BSG Razor, Varangian, and coordinated whitenoise/smoke shenanigans, should put them down pretty quick.

13. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Vs Omega: Securitate +3 for range, +3 for link is 18's. -3 for your cover, -6 for ODD. They hit on 9's. You hit on 14, +3 Range, -3 for cover. 14's. You are in the active turn throwing 4 dice with the Omega HMG. If you can manipulate the range to deny them a bonus it gets even better. If within 24 at end of turn throw him in Suppression.

Numazokola and FreezeZ like this.
  14. FreezeZ

Ok. I guess I missed right tool for that in my list. Need to remeber that for next time.

15. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

There are a few. Active Turn Gamma HMG is a beast, Omega is scary if you can bully things without MSV, but even a well placed boarding shotgun Delta/Gangbuster/Razor can clear them out. pretty fast.

16. Bruno Braga

Bruno Braga Well-Known Member

I'd also look at troops like Team Sirius to just cover the entire fireteam with glue thanks to the Siriusbot.

O-12

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    OMEGA HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 48)
    EPSILON HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    SIRIUS Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Submachine Gun + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    SIRIUS (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges + 1 SiriusBot / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, 2 Chain-colt, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    VARANGIAN Submachine Gun, 2 Chain-colt, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    KYTTÄ Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

4 SWC | 200 Points

Open in Infinity Army

17. Vanderbane

Agreed with Bruno - gluing is seriously disruptive, and if you can hit a few guys including their key gunfighters, it forces them to choose - do they try to kill you and run a high risk of being stuck by the bot (rolling on 4s or 5s, probably), or do they try to dodge, and maybe get creamed by gunfire from your Sirius. That being said, it doesn't break the link, so if you glue guys in a defensive link that aren't their shooter(s), they are just order batteries for the link that can't move anymore. They'll be super vulnerable to future attacks, but it's not a null state, so you'd have to finish the job.

Bruno Braga likes this.
  18. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

What about putting down a smoke and attacking a Combi wielding Securitate with your Epsilon?
    What about putting down a smoke in front of the Fireteam and proceed to dismember it with a single Varangian?
    What about bringing those two Gangbuster down near the Fireteam and camping there? (Fireteam activate => 4 madtraps in the face + 2 KHD if the hacker closes is)

Bruno Braga likes this.
  19. Vanderbane

I'd also note that the extra point for the two chain colts on the Varangian is something to think about. It's not as big a deal against the securitate, but if you're up against multi-wound models, it's way more scary, and either way it lets you lay down templates in multiple directions to cover more of the team at a time.

20. Bruno Braga

Bruno Braga Well-Known Member

On top of Riotstoppers, the FO Team Sirius with BSG can be crazy good against links!

Laying down an Adhesive template and 2 BSG templates can pretty much guarantee an entire link being shutdown.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation