1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yuriko Oda Proxies or Conversions

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by SirGrumpyPants, Nov 14, 2019.

1. SirGrumpyPants

SirGrumpyPants A little grumpy

As per the title, looking for ideas and stuff.

2. AkiPL

AkiPL Active Member

SirGrumpyPants likes this.
  3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

The Kaizoku Spec Ops mini is a good candidate. It looks like a badass Keisotsu, which is basically what Yuriko is. It isn't likely to be confused with anything else in the JSA roster.

4. SirGrumpyPants

@barakiel i wonder if its worth trying to convert the kaizoku to look more feminine

5. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

What is it you dislike about Yuriko’s model? Or, alternatively what would you like to see aesthetically? Without knowing why you want to proxy it’s hard to suggest an alternative. There’s a big difference between, for example, “I like her look, but don’t want to get the dire does box, so I’d like a proxy that gets close to her appearance.” and “I’m not a big fan of her look so I’d like an alternative for a female keisotsu engineer.”

6. SirGrumpyPants

Basically that. I do like the thought behind using a Kaizoku model, but they don't look feminine at all...

7. ambisinister

If you don't want to sculpt your own hakama onto a different model, there's not a lot in the way of single blister models that have them these days. you could probably still get one of the old Raiden sculpts or the Haramaki Missile Launcher. But none of them look feminine and you'll need to do a weapon swap and maybe a head swap if you don't like their helmets. iirc Shinobu comes with a separate head, but then you're buying two sculpts. That being said, you could always convert her to a regular oniwaban, and the Raiden helmets are actually fairly similar to the new Oniwaban style,so if you bought both and just did a head swap you'd be in pretty good shape and would just need to worry about the Raiden's gun.

Alternatively, if you already have the JSA army box, I can't imagine it would be too hard to fabricate some 'fins' to put on to the female keisotsu combi sculpt and just use her.

If you're not locked into hakama, i'll try and think of some good single blister out of faction options and post back here.

8. ambisinister

Ok, did a bit of looking around:

Over in Yu Jing town there's the Daoying Hacker whose torso armor is comparable and whose chunky thighs mimic the silhouette of hakama without actually being them.
    [​IMG]

There's also the Kanren Hacker
    [​IMG]

In Haqq town you could try the Namurr. If your sculpting game is good her legs are far apart and should give you plenty of room to sculpt on some hakama. She's also a nice looking model as is.
    [​IMG]

In Ariadna, 6th airborne ranger has an engineery look to her.
    [​IMG]

Nomads have got Zoe and Pi Well, though you have to buy them together, they're still cheaper than a dire foes box;
    [​IMG]

And an honorable mention I guess for Miranda Ashcroft. She fits more into the Aragoto biker aethetic with her leather jacket and stuff, but she doesn't have a lot on her sculpt that physically sticks out so she might be a good base to sculpt over to add armor or to convert if you're into that sort of thing.
    [​IMG]

SirGrumpyPants and Xeurian like this.
  9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Hakama are surprisingly easy to sculpt.

@SirGrumpyPants sent you a PM.

chromedog and SirGrumpyPants like this.
  10. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Not going to lie, popping one of these on the table, painted in proper YJ colours, and telling your opponent that it's Yuriko Oda (or any other JSA trooper, really) without any irony would be beautifully clever.

Section9, ambisinister and Xeurian like this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Given Kanren fluff, it would be very fitting.

chromedog, Xeurian and SirGrumpyPants like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation