1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zlavin mod

Discussion in 'Rules' started by konuhageruke, Nov 17, 2019.

1. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ave
    With zlavin and especialy with connungtion with koorie mod there is a posibility that one of players will not be able to pick a character
    If both have the same set of Characters, abcdefgh, and one is banned the rooster may become abcdefg on both sides. Then player one chooses a, 2 picks bc, 1 de, 2 fg, 1... The last one has no character to choose from.
    No I may face a situation exactly like that, but even more dire. One of players has Compass sponsor, so he can ban additional character from the "Initial Alignment". First of all, how would that work in non League event. Secondly - with overall combination, one player must choose from 6 characters while other will from 7 but they block already chosen characters.
    Again how to resolve situation when I have no character to choose from?

2. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

That's really only likely to be a problem if you both only have the Core box (in which case you'd likely both ban Musashi, and end up in the situation you described).

If you have even 12 characters each, the odds of you exactly replicating each others 8-character lineup is low (to say nothing of if you have all 30 currently released). So it's unlikely to be a real issue.

That said, if it DOES somehow occur, i'd say that you should just ignore the effects of Koorie.

3. konuhageruke

Warcor

But as you wrote: it is possibile, and should be addesed by officials. So @-V- , what would you suggest here?

And what about compass? How does it work outsider league games?

4. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I tried to fix this problem in my league v2 idea as well.

Both players have the same 8 characters.

You can still ban a character from the 8 man lineup. But as soon as the characters are picked as usual following the Zlavin mod afterwards. If the situation occurs that one player cannot pick a third or fourth character the ban/bans is/are negated and he is allowed to pick that/these character/s.

Ealthril and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  5. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Personally I favour the simple solution of "playing without Zlavin".

YMMV

6. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

I don't like mirror matches. :)

Ealthril likes this.
  7. AdmiralJCJF

Haven't ever seen one of those.

Despite having played 0 matches with the Zlavin mod.

8. konuhageruke

Warcor

That is uncommon and hae rather small probability, but the chance exist, and I think that should be addressed.

9. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

If you take a look at the most preferred characters in TTS leagues or non-TTS events some core characters are highly contested. So I could imagine very many mirror picks without Zlavin. I don't like this to happen.

But if you want to avoid the problem with Zlavin + Koorie you could force a handicap to the player by using Zlavin + Croepoek.

10. AdmiralJCJF

It's fair enough that it should be addressed.

I think that cancelling the ban if it prevents a legal team (at the discretion of the "victim" on which they ignore first) would resolve the issue.

Zenon likes this.
  11. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

People usually play only one mod. Zlavin and Koorie have been living with each other since AGL was born and we've never been reported about any issue. I think because they never were played together.

You're right: There's a chance to get stuck, especially if Compass is in play. I'm noting down to give an official answer about it. Meanwhile, my recommendation is to apply common sense by the organizer and the golden rule: a player must play exactly with 4 Characters in their team. This rule takes precedence over AGL Rules.

Thanks for your question.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  12. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

As a tournament organiser, when I chose to combine Zlavin + Koorie queen mods, I told to participants that if any of them have the exact same 8 characters, it disables Koorie queen mod, and they just apply Zlavin.

Zenon and -V- like this.
  13. konuhageruke

Warcor

now
    If there is Zlavin
    Coorie
    Compass in play.
    Whitch AGL rule should be cancelled first?

Both Coorie and Compass are used to ban most crucial enemy character.
    But Zlavin is also used to block those those we don't want enemy to have. If Zlavin, then in what order do we cancel blocked character?

14. konuhageruke

Warcor

Hey @-V- sorry to bother you, but I'm going to attend to a tournament where this exact situation may appear, and i would like some clarification on sequence of cancellations ;)

15. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Don't bother at all! I would suggest giving the highest priority to Compass (as it depends on the player's results). Then, Koorie, but I'd make an exception: if the same player activated Compass' Effects they couldn't use Koorie (only if you want to give room to Zlavin mod). And at last, Zlavin.

Should a player is going to select a char, and it's impossible to their opponent exclude the char from their team (because they don't have more chars and need this char to make the 4 chars team), then Zlavin doesn't apply (and the char will be copied).

That's a way to solve it. And it's a suggestion, not an official answer. As the organizer, you must decide how to proceed.

:wink:

volgo and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  16. konuhageruke

Warcor

Thanks a lot!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation