1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onyx continuing to get screwed by ITS XI

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Hecaton, Oct 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Mate, building and painting a fully fluffy army is something that takes time and skill. Don't be dismissive of them just because their fluffy build isn't tournament effective.

In fact, it bothers me that I can't make a 'fluffy' build with my armies in infinity and be even marginally effective. ForCo with all the heroes? Is gonna suck. Onyx with Umbra Lieutenant and Nexus backup? Congratulations, you just made the easiest to decapitate army of the game. Morats without any CA unit? HAH!.

Seriously, while I understand the point that playing to win is not a bad thing, I don't think playing for fun and because you want to make something fluffy is bad either. There should be room for both.

2. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Mate, Sorry to say this but I literally don’t care. If a person is gonna’ get butthurt over the fact that having a footslogging captain with a thunderhammer doesn’t work, just because it works in Dawn of War, then the person should take that with the game developers, not make a fucking arse of yourself in a local while declaring the opponent to be a WAAC cheeser, when in fact the opponent is only playing the game within the perimeters of how it is designed.

I stand by my statement.

Dragonstriker and Lesh' like this.
  3. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Perhaps it would be helpful if we looked at our opponent's like humans. And tried to understand what their troubles were and understand where they get enjoyment out of the hobby. In the vast majority of cases there is a middle ground that works. But trying to dismiss either side seems ill thought out.

Bragg, Space Ranger, YTonic and 7 others like this.
  4. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Well I don't think I would go that far, I do admit I tend to get pretty annoyed, but I understand we playing different games, even if the other guy swears we are playing the same one.

5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The two of you are talking about different things. There's what *is* (i.e. how the game is) and what *should be*. For example, in Onyx taking a Nexus lieutenant is oftentimes the right choice. But in fluff, it's supposed to be the Umbras running the show with the Nexus, so it's an example of how the game rules could be tweaked a bit to match up with the fluff in a better way. But denying that the Onyx sectorial is structured in such a way as to encourage you to run a Nexus lieutenant often would just be wrong.

Dragonstriker and Bragg like this.
  6. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

No we are not but this subject bores me, so CBA to make a longer post about it. Sorry if that seems lazy.

7. Hecaton

Your antipathy towards discussing it seems to eclipse mere "boredom."

Bragg and TheRedZealot like this.
  8. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Not really. If you're having issues understanding such a basic post, with a simple point, then it's simply boring making a long elaborate post. But hey. what ever fancies your pickle I guess.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  9. Hecaton

It sounds more like you want to make a statement but don't want to have to back it up when you're called out on how shaky it is.

Bragg and chaos11 like this.
  10. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Roflmao. Sure it sounds like that, much the same way a flat eather thinks it sounds shaky that someone is telling them the earth is round and the flat eather think it sounds shaky that the normal person cba to bother explaining why the earth is round.

11. Hecaton

Fact remains that you're confusing the idea of how the game *is* with how the game *should be.*

Bragg likes this.
  12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

No, because you haven't actually explained why that is the case. You merely asserted that without explaining it, and it certainly isn't relevant to anything WAAC.

13. Hecaton

No, I explained it very clearly. Go back up and read the posts I made.

14. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

no you didn’t

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. Hecaton

What did I say?

16. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Wow, what a journey this thread is.
    Gonna go whine how underpowered the units of Ramah are on Haqq forum now, thanks for inspiration!

17. Hecaton

Are you arguing for an alteration to the tournament format or more powerful profiles? Since it seems like you're arguing for the latter, it seems that you've failed the basic reading comprehension on this thread.

Bragg and LoganGarnett like this.
  18. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Nah, honestly my post was largely irrelevant to the thread, just expressed my amusement with the arguements presented here.
    To be completely honest, I couldn't even quite remember what was the point of this thread. But after reading up, I'm for the changes to the tournament format. While I, personally, have nothing to complain about, since my two armies are more or less decent at most of the mission, I see some other armies having problems with some missions and objectives.
    While this can be tweaked by tournament organizers by including missions that don't give an advantage to any faction, this is not the case in most local tournaments, leading to imbalanced match-ups.

But I'm also for ITS terrain regulations, since while in Infinity the terrain placement is more crucial than in any other game, it is not regulated at all, and the terrain rules are forgotten in our local community alltogether.
    If ITS included terrain regulations, it could potentialy lead to more balanced and interesting matches, without any side getting severe advantage over the other one before the game even starts only because of organizers' oversight and/or "fun" ideas.

#78 LoganGarnett, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Dragonstriker, Bragg and SpectralOwl like this.
  19. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

I'm in a process of buying my 2nd faction after Ariadna. I like to win on creativity not on math. If learning curve isn't steep I'm not interested.

Is Onyx a hard sectoral to master?

20. Hecaton

IMO it basically requires a good understanding of hacking to make work. It relies a lot on hackers to support your REMS. OTOH, you get Exile and very easy access to White Noise.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation