1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isolated TAG

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by tox, Oct 21, 2019.

1. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

A pilot dismount and go on his own.
    The TAG is still a valid target and is hit by a vicious Jammer, putting it in the Isolated state.

What happens to the Pilot?

I suppose that, being the TAG the "order generating" element, it should be treated as Isolated too, but there is no way to resolve it at the moment.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The pilot is the one receiving the orders, not the TAG. And we know from Manned that states can not possibly be shared between Pilot and TAG (otherwise you wouldn't be able to dismount the pilot from a wreck as the pilot would also have the Unconscious state)

What's left to figure out is whether they generate any orders, but as far as I can tell the exceptions in Pilot skill indicates that the Pilot is the one generating orders when dismounted meaning that if all you do is ISO the TAG, considering there is no exception hhandling for the Isolated state that I can find, you won't stop order generation if the Pilot is out and about.

3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this is the correct conclusion to draw, since "manned" explicitly gives you permission (not the Pilot or Remote Pilot skills)... implying that they normally would.

4. Mahtamori

Manned gives you permission to spend orders on the Unconscious TAG to dismount the Pilot, but it does not say much more about the Pilot nor does the Pilot skill. Both just assumes normal order expenditure and since when the Pilot is separated from the TAG you can no longer spend orders on the TAG to move the Pilot about... well...

Now, if there's something else you mean to imply here, I'm afraid you're going to have to more directly state your own interpretation because I can't really tell what you're trying to say beyond hinting something about order expenditure (which isn't really part of my interpretation)

5. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

6. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Nothing other than what I said, but you are right. I misconstrued the order expenditure with the state not applying.

7. Mahtamori

Here's a tricky question for you: what prevents the pilot of a non-Null TAG from generating an order as well? (It's tricky because I think the answer is "common sense" because I don't think the rules or FAQ currently handles this, which I find to be more of a proof of how poorly the Pilot rules are thought out to be than actually interesting question to answer for gameplay - they managed to write user-oriented order generation for Proxies, but not for TAGs)

That said I'm not sure this FAQ can be applied to the specific case of a TAG being non-Null and unable to generate orders. I'm sure you have it right for how it's meant to be, but at the same time the Pilot should be able to receive orders. The question is whether the Pilot can use the Isolated TAG's Irregular Order or whether that's limited to dismounting only.

8. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

I think the part that says alternate Troop Profile implies that's still the same trooper, also they share other game states.

9. Mahtamori

So... you're saying that if the TAG gets ISO, so does the Pilot. And if the TAG is Unconscious, then so is the Pilot? Glue the TAG while Pilot is out and Pilot gets stuck?

10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

11. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I think the solution is:

The pilot, once dismounted, can receive orders from the pool, because he is not isolated. The pilot doesn't generate his own order, it is the TAG, so if the TAG is isolated, there is one less order avaiable for the pilot to spend on. When the pilot mounts again in the isolated TAG, he will not be able to use more orders from the pool (actually, the order to mount could be the TAG's irregular one, so no more orders that turn)

#11 Armihaul, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    colbrook and Mahtamori like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation