1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with List for 3 Specific Missions

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by TeamMaxx, Sep 14, 2019.

1. TeamMaxx

TeamMaxx Member

So I'm back again and I'm about to head to another tournament in a week to play 3 missions I haven't played yet. They are Biotechvore, Hunting Party and Transmission Matrix. I'm hoping to play test each mission at least once as it seems Hunting Party and Unmasking play very different than most of the missions I've played before (Ann., Armory, Power Pack, Fire Fight, Frontline, Show of Force, Supplies, Unmasking).

Its 300 points & Limited Insertion.

I've been playing a lot of HI JSA recently and did well until I played someone who knew how to play hackers and shut me down. So for Biotechvare and Transmission Matrix I thought about playing no HI with this list.
    Japanese Secessionist Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    SHINOBU Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (1 | 47)
    SHIKAMI Contender, Nimbus Grenades / Assault Pistol, DA CCW, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 45)
    SAITO TOGAN Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW, Knife. (0 | 39)
    ARAGOTO (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    ARAGOTO Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 28)
    RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    RYŪKEN (CH: Limited Camouflage) Heavy Rocket Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)
    TOKUSETSU EISEI Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    KEMPEI (Multispectral Visor L2) Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

I could see using the same list for Hunting Party or this list with some HI:
    [​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    KUROSHI RIDER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Breaker Pistol, AP + Shock CCW. (0 | 33)
    ARAGOTO (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    SHINOBU Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (1 | 47)
    MIYAMOTO MUSHASHI (Regular, Fireteam: Haris) Chain Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (0.5 | 28)
    TANKŌ Missile Launcher / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    TANKŌ Blitzen, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    NINJA Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0.5 | 40)
    KEMPEI (Multispectral Visor L2) Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    4.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

I'd like advise and open to changing things up as I've had a chance to play almost all JSA models. Limited Insertion has made it tough to field 5 man budget Kiesotsu core fireteam.

2. TeamMaxx

TeamMaxx Member

This one interest me too.

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 22)
    KEISOTSU Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 14)
    KEISOTSU HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 17)
    DOMARU Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    SHIKAMI Contender, Nimbus Grenades / Assault Pistol, DA CCW, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 45)
    NINJA Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0.5 | 40)
    5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

3. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

What are your lists trying to accomplish?
    What's the role of every piece that you chose for the list? I think, the first think you can try to do is to look at the missions and ask to each piece that you chose what is their role in that mission. Maybe then, you'll start to see where something is missing.

It's hard to say "use X or Y", because playstyles vary. In your HI list you got countered by a Hacker, but if that list completely plays to your strengths, then how about just packing some insurance with the Keisotsu Hacking Device for Fairy Dust?

That hopefully makes your HI much more safe from hacking attacks. Also the KHD Ninja, infiltrated to where your HI team wants to go, murdering any hacker on its way.

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The ugly part of Biotechvore is that you need to get your entire army out of your DZ ASAP.

5. TeamMaxx

TeamMaxx Member

So debrief of recent tournament. I played around with lots of list but didn't get a chance to practice the missions so I went with units and tactics I knew best and rolled the dice.

Round 1 vs. Ramah Taskforce
    Transmission Matrix came up first and went up against Ramah Taskforce. In my current meta I have only played against Haqs once in 35 missions and I struggled against them in with jammers, impersonation, holo echos and Dr. Plus since it was all new to me. I win initiative and decide to go first so haqs deploy first. He only places a 5 man core of 4 Janissarries and one Namurr so I know more troops are inbound. I use the following list for a well rounded force with different tools to complete the objectives.

[​IMG]10
    OYAMA Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Breaker Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (0 | 28)
    KEMPEI Spitfire / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
    KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 22)
    KARAKURI Mk12, Chain Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 43)
    6 SWC | 286 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Turn 1
    I use 3 orders trying to take out his HMG and missile launcher but end up loosing my missile launcher finding out Janissaries are pretty good shooters so I decide to skip my plan of taking them out with my core. I start moving my Shikami up and drop the HMG with a Contender shot in my good range band. I then use the rest of my orders to set up the entrance of his incoming troops. I place each Karakuri with MK12 in cover watching the sidelines and the Shikami on high ground watching on sideline as well. Neko on rear guard and my turn. 5 troops drop in using their orders and I open up with AROs. I manage to drop a Hakim Dr. and a Nahab KHD. He uses 3 orders to Dr Plus his HMG back up. Shuffles core team and HMG goes on suppression.

Turn 2
    I use my Karakuris to shoot off the rest of the sideline 2 Hakims and the other Hahab. I move Shikami to center console after I scan HVT for classified and done. Haqs turn and he uses core team sniper to shoot my other 2 missile launcher Keisotsus.

Turn 3 I move Kempei Spitfire and try a couple shots on Janissary Dr. but miss and decide to get in position for last turn with Neko on one, 2 Kempei on one and Shikami on center antenna. He snags his two antennas and makes a center push but ODD and cover make it too hard and not enough orders to capture center antenna.

JSA 5 vs. Ramah 0

Round 2 vs. Spiral Corps
    Mission is Hunting Party and it's the one I struggled the most with wrapping my head around since I didn't get a chance to play it and it seemed like lots of moving parts to score points. I lose Initiative and he chooses to go first so I pick the high ground since I'm using my HI list with good ARO pieces and his side has very little cover. He deploys fairly out in the open and planning on smoke dodge. This Spiral Corps list had lots of Holo echos, pets and impersonation/camo.

The HI list I used:
    [​IMG]10 [​IMG]3
    TANKŌ Missile Launcher / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    TANKŌ Blitzen, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    DOMARU Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 26)
    DOMARU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    DOMARU (Fireteam: Haris) Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW, Shock CC Weapon. (0.5 | 27)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
    KEISOTSU Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
    5.5 SWC | 299 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Turn 1
    He has to spend all his orders to slowly move up one side of board and pick away at my Karakuri Haris team and puts down the Domaru and one of the robots. Then uses the last of his orders to retreat. He was worried because it used so many orders to take out Haris. I then used Core Tanko Missle Launchers to go after Kerail Preceptors and his Surda Symbiobeast and another Triad of troops with only the KP surviving.

Turn 2
    He uses his sniper to take out my Domaru Lt. and forces Karakuri to go Dogged. So my Karakuri holds the line until the end of the round and he can't advance. I use Assisted Fire on Rui Shi and move him up to take out sniper but lose FtF. Made a big mistake and should have broken core team to make use of Tanko Impetuous orders but forgot.They start moving forward center filed to get a LT kill but fail.

Turn 3
    He starts round 3 and gets his classified using impersonation models and connects antennas. I'm way out of position so I try to classified but end loosing Domaru Forward Observer in the process, should have used Hacker to spotlight instead. Ran out of orders to get to antennas and game closes with some bad luck.

JSA 0 vs. Spiral Corps 8

Round 3 Vs. JSA
    Turn 1 Mission is Biotechvore and I use the same HI list. Opponent wins initiative and chooses to go first. I pick the side with more open ground since I didn't want to deploy on high ground knowing it was a sprint to get out of deployment zone (16"). I also deploy in total cover on the same side as his HVT forcing opponent to use a lot of orders to get in shooting LoS except for Rui Shi who plan on losing in aro. It takes 2 orders to take out my remote but all his guys don't clear the zone. My turn and we run up field, in cover and start taking pop shots with missile launcher on his Tanko/Domaru core who bunched up. Then move onto his Daiyokai who is stuck out in the open street and win FtF and force 6 armor saves and fails 4 of them. Then I move karakuris and hacker into position to get all three classifieds in turn 2.

Turn 2 He tries to take out my Tanko with a his Ryuken HRL and his Ryuken SMG and they both lose the gun battle. He is down to 3 units and he concedes. We work out the math since I didn't get a chance to activate even in Round 2 or 3.

JSA (me) 8 vs. JSA (him) 0

I managed a 2nd place finish to my surprise but I have no desire to play Biotechvore mission but excited to try Hunting Party again.

6. TeamMaxx

TeamMaxx Member

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Biotechvore is one of those love-hate missions. Some people apparently really like it, but probably just as many people really DON'T like it.

But it sounds like you had fun, so that's the important thing!

8. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

JSA should really excel in biotechvor- especially in a limited insertion format. Pushing a dotanko core into the midfield is where they shine. Bikes and the oyoroi can clear the zone without spending orders from your regular pool

I’m on the love it side of the biotechvor debate.

9. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I find it depends a looooot on the table. 8 inch deployment zones make denser tables feel like heaven for JSA because you can just walk right up the table, but a sparser table can make things way more unplayable for you.

Abrilete likes this.
  10. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

That’s the mantra of every mission with JSA. An open table is their death

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation