1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st or 2nd Turn?

Discussion in 'Dahshat Company' started by teddygundam, Oct 3, 2019.

1. teddygundam

teddygundam Member

I'm finding that Dahshat performs better for me when I take the first turn. Does anyone have any different experiences or preferences going 1st or 2nd?

2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I think it might depend on your lists and how you play them. Dahshat has a lot that can do well with either way.

3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Slight preference for first turn for me. Dashat's reactive tools are a little better than some sectorials, but not by a lot, so getting the first punch in has a lot of value.

4. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

I think this is also pretty mission dependent- though I’ll usually lean towards saying “first to try an alpha strike” if the rest is unknown.

5. teddygundam

teddygundam Member

I agree that they don't have many solid ARO pieces aside from the Libertos and Hunzakuts in SF, which are amazing. Mostly I just mine up the midfield and hope for the best.

Even in missions that count mission objectives at the end of the round where you would normally want to play second, I find myself still wanting to go first. My hope is to make it difficult for my opponent to dislodge my troops during their turn.

oldGregg likes this.
  6. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

This can absolutely be a thing and I've done the same myself. I will say though that, as you noted, our ARO game is weak in Dashat. I find that relying on a holding action late game can lead to disappointment. My personal approach, (in last-round scoring missions), is to essentially hide my power pieces and then dislodge any defenders with a last strong push.

When using this strategy in another faction, (like Haqqislam for example), I find it to be of utmost importance to hide/defend your late game attacker/scorer as well as you possibly can. I actually have an easier time of this in Dashat due simply to the relatively large number of strong pieces I can fit in a list.

7. Captain Nevercrit

Captain Nevercrit Well-Known Member

Between Al Fasid, Maghariba, Libartos, Zencha, Hunz, Gromez and Drones I have found that first turn Dashat can litter the table with mines and Repeaters.

Plan for going second. Pray for going first.

#7 Captain Nevercrit, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    oldGregg likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation