1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concilium Convention Awareness Poster

Discussion in 'FanArt' started by Captain Spud, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Captain Spud

Captain Spud Maker of Things

I needed a propaganda poster for a Yu Jing terrain project, so I drew out a joke I've been meaning to make for almost five years:

[​IMG]

Or for those of us who don't speak Mandarin:

[​IMG]

*giggle*

You can watch me draw it if you want:

...k, that's it.

2. Captain Spud

Captain Spud Maker of Things

Update: Apparently the world needed this crucial public awareness campaign translated into Spanish.

[​IMG]

Disappointingly, this one was translated by an actual Spanish-speaking person instead of Google Translate, so I don't get to physically injure the eyes of Spanish-speaking community members the way I did with the Mandarin version above. BOOOOOO René Lara. BOOOOOOO! >:(

#2 Captain Spud, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  3. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Las Escopetas, Los Rifles sound better (make them small like "son"). Also it would be Corteses. With Messy and Humane, maybe too literal / false friends (¿Atentos, Sucias, Sensibles?).

jherazob likes this.
  4. Sven F.

Sven F. Dismember

Love it!

5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

"Messy" would be "Desagradables", "Humane" would be "Civilizados" or maybe "Humanitarios". Also we wouldn't really refer to a weapon as "Cortés", maybe "Elegantes"

You should also say "Las escopetas son/los rifles son" or ignore the verb and leave only "Escopetas/Rifles"

#5 Benkei, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    jherazob and xagroth like this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

If you want to make one for Haqquislam, remember them that Rifle + light shotgun is, in fact, NOT a violation of Concilium, because that's not a light shotgun (infintiy wiki tiwn weapons, FAQ 1.1 XD)

Errhile, oldGregg and jherazob like this.
  7. Mob of Blondes

Messy is about cleanliness in this case, thus Sucias. Bloody mess like the Pulp Fiction car (that was with a pistol IIRC, but not clean at all anyway).

jherazob likes this.
  8. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

No, messy is because they make a mess and it's disgusting (like, shoot something with a rifle and then with a shotgun, check the difference), it has nothing to do with cleanliness because messy has nothing to do with cleanliness. Unless you mean "sucio" as in "desagradable", like in "un asunto sucio" (messy business).

But in a sense, you could use "sucias", just not in the cleanliness sense. Gotta love languages.

#8 Benkei, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  9. Mob of Blondes

No, I mean "sucio" (adjetive) as the one related to "ensuciar" (verb). "Esa lijadora es muy sucia, no tiene toma para aspirador" or "Esa mascota es muy sucia, tira la mitad de la comida fuera del plato en vez de comersela." And while I thought I was going mad, no, RAE uses "Ese perro es muy sucio." for 3rd definition ("ensuciar"). Against the law is 7th ("guerra sucia"), and 8th is similar (as adverb, not adj).

So by using it, the message get multiple levels.

jherazob likes this.
  10. Quickit

Quickit Well-Known Member

My biggest fear is that CB is going to eventually hire you and you're going to move to Spain. Then Tom won't have a ride to the LGS anymore, and I'll have to do it.
    And I'll miss you.

Stuffist and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation