1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TAGs get Tactical Awarness

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Marduck, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

So Infinity army just got updated. TAG get tactical awarness which seems nice.

But some also got a point increase. Gecko and Anaconda just got more expensive. I think that more expensive TAG like Cutter Tikbalang and Avatar didn't change.

Thoughts about that ? An Overdron or Gecko FT just seems like a better idea all the suden.

PS : seriously, a point increase on the Anaconda CB ? Do you see a lot of Anaconda spam in the data ? They really need to get more feedback from the players before to decide that kind of things.

#1 Marduck, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Yeah, I'm honestly a bit concerned by the decision making process that decided an extra order on an Anaconda was worth 4pts whereas an extra order on an Avatar or Marut was fine for free.

I assume it was a blanket thing where any TAG under a certain points cost was hiked to limit the relative impact of free orders in larger lists, but cheaper TAGs were almost universally (and perhaps unusually) weaker. Scarface, Geckos, Xeodrons and Overdrons catching a points increase honestly seems unusual.

Cthulhu363, Lesh', Savnock and 5 others like this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Also all TAGs got FATALITY 1, so I assume they decided to move it from the ITS book.

It seems the Geckos, Xeodrons, Overdrons and Anaconda got a points increase.

No PanO, Aleph, or expensive CA tags have seen a cost increase.

On the other hand, the Tohaa Diplomat is now a Journalist L1, and Dr Worm got a -1pt SMG Journalist 1 profile, while the Tensho got Journalist 1 too.

Abrilete likes this.
  4. Marduck

I imagine him taking selfies of his vacation on a the beach with all the corpses around ... but he can't because he doesn't have a long enough arm :D

5. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

I feel like all this is going to do is increase the disparity between tags that are good already and those that are not. One extra order is nice but its nicer when you can use it to go back into TO orwhatever.

Hecaton, Berjiz, Ariwch and 2 others like this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The tail has its uses. And he always has his wormettes!

Abrilete, Goonhammer and Willen like this.
  7. SpectralOwl

On the bright side, this is basically a straight upgrade for Limited Insertion MRRF, and as far as I can tell since Tactical Awareness Irregular Orders aren't part of an order pool at all they shouldn't be affected by Jammers or Oblivion, giving TAGs just a bit more power against those threats.
    As much as I wish they didn't, selfie sticks exist, so he should be able to handle his photography just fine.

csjarrat, Abrilete and nazroth like this.
  8. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

The point increase of the anaconda is out of place.

Cthulhu363, roobot, Berjiz and 4 others like this.
  9. SpectralOwl

Only because they didn't give Tac Aware to the Operator (probably should have a minor discount for that); I've found the Anaconda to be absolutely worth its cost in the past and an extra order for 4 points is quite cheap. Again, might be biased as I played MRRF and the Anaconda fills a lot of holes there, unlike in NA2.

Abrilete and Tourniquet like this.
  10. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

CB do a lot of things right, and we should give them a lot of respect and applause.

This was not one of those times :)

I know a lot of you were thinking it.

11. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

All tags below 75 points got their points up, even some from CA. But that decission seems more arbitrary to not afect their Mary Sue than looking for balance. I like the base idea, but not how CB put it in the game.

Aa always, there are some that get the good portion of the pie, and those are always the same

Tibooper and nazroth like this.
  12. Marduck

I think it would have been a great idea without the point cost increase.

From a casual player perspective it makes more sense to increase the point on the cheaper tag to avoid spam.

But an experience player know that cheap tag spam is far from being a game winning strategy. Actually having these cheap tag give another order for free would have make them more interesting. Big tag like cutter, avatar or marut already have their utility without that buff.

There are very few things I'm sure of or absolute in infinity, but this time I'm pretty sure it is mistake from a game balance perspective ...

13. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Patch after patch, bandaid after bandaid, CB keeps piling on additional individual rules trying to solve general base game problems while the game becomes a hulking Frankenstein of special snowflakes and exceptions to the rules. How much longer till it dies crushed under its own weight?

#13 Benkei, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    AngryPanda and Hecaton like this.
  14. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Since N4 is Summer 2020, 9 months I guess?

15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

I would love if all these problems would get solved with N4, but I don't really have any faith

Barrogh and AngryPanda like this.
  16. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

17. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

This really fucks over much of Onyx's list building.

Hecaton likes this.
  18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I think it's a great addition overall and that the cheaper TAGs were definitely the most usable ones that didn't really need a buff for the same cost. Like, Geckos are still better than before and they were already good, Lizard is certainly better than before but it wasn't already particularly inspiring.

Abrilete likes this.
  19. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

40k managed it for like 2 decades, before having to take out the heavy handed hedge trimmers.

Werekill, csjarrat and theradrussian like this.
  20. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

My only fear with this bandaid is that TAGs that were mediocre will still be comparatively mediocre while TAGs that were good might result in a heavy-handed roll-back. Hopefully it'll not result in a skyrocket of AHDs in our meta...

Lesh', Barrogh, Hecaton and 3 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation