1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valkyrie's Frostbite

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Tipzntrix, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

This action immobilizes all enemies in range. Are all of these enemies targetted or does this action have no targets?

For example, if Maximus plays Adamantine (After the Switches of a Roll targetting Maximus), can he nullify the successes of a Frostbite action?

EDIT: With her Charge of the Valkyrie, if you kill your target, can you still displace yourself? If the target uses switches to make a distance of 3 between you and your target, can you displace yourself or is there no valid hex?

2. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

This

I'm not really sure wheter Adamantine nullifies the succeses for all the targets or just for Max, maybe @-V- can enlighten us

Nope, as there is no target on the HexaDome (remember that this effect happens after damage is dealt).

More or less the same, there is no valid hex so no displacement.

Hope this helps you.

:3

3. eronth

eronth Active Member

This is something I I'm not sure I agree with. Not all actions need targets, and this action does not ever explicitly call for targets. Sure it hits some characters, but are those characters necessarily targets? Targets are supposed to be something you select when declaring a skill, but this skill has no need for you to declare anything. You use it, you hit everyone around you. No targeting.

On the flipside, I'm not sure if Actions or Effects can affect things that aren't a target. Normally the answer is no, but this seems to be an exception.

4. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

I would say that Frostbite does not have targets and that Adamantine cannot, therefore, nullify that action's hits.

I base this on the fact that targets can be enemies, allies or obstacles. But Frostbite only affects enemies.

If -V- should contradict this position, and rule that Adamantine can counter Frostbite, then it should cancel the hits, period, not just the effect on Maximus.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

5. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

After the attack is resolved, if the enemy is in the infirmary, no displacement can occur.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Frostbite has no targets (or it was not intended to have any), so Maximus can't block it by playing Adamantine. If I would re-write this Action it should be:

2 Frostbite :-::.:
    :5:Impose the :G:Inmobilized State to every adjacent Enemy.

The current :L:1-1 is misunderstanding.

Question about Charge of Valkyrie was solved in another post in this forum: Valkyrie can not displace herself when killing her target.

:wink:

Tipzntrix, precinctomega and Damiel like this.
  7. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

But that would prevent us from playing Lunah's Holographic Sight to immobilize all characters in 1-3 :(

8. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Nothing, of course. You can play Holographic Sight for a :L:1-3 Frostbite. But the answer still remains: Maximus cannot block it.

Hope time will come to review this stuff.

:wink:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation