1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if Jammer's Isolation was persistant only in Jammer's ZoC

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by eciu, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

@Weathercock, yes, I know that. My point is more on the side of reset doing all of that at once even in aro

@Mahtamori, I understand yout point. But is not that shaking those statuses is easy as they are to put on. Shacking them is much easier, much less order consuming, and failing has no penalty (is like if automedikit could be used as aro and failing had no effect). And upon all of that, those statuses are not so crippling to be need a so easy option, which makes them usually a waste of effort.

@Hecaton, my point was that you don't know nothing about my meta. If you want to read something is not written, is not my fault.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

@Armihaul I think we're going to have to agree to disagree here. I don't want to get into a long argument over it (you've had more than enough of it already), but it seems like those effects are still strong enough to marginalise the targets of those programs.

3. Armihaul

You are right there. And here is not the topic about those effects. Sorry

4. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Well, that was a rollercoaster of wrong.

So yeah....N4 plz fix?

AdmiralJCJF and Skyhusky like this.
  5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

You're right, I don't know who you play with. Do they find Reset to be a stifling element of the game too?

6. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Jammers.

N4 plz fx JAMMERS

Not reset.

Possibly even USE reset as PART of the fix for Jammers.

7. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Jammers having intuitive attack, and being the only non-template weapon in the game to have that property, is absolutely mind boggling to me.

8. Hecaton

How else were the factions with Jammers supposed to neutralize infiltrators, without needing LoF, and at no risk?

9. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Well, when you have such piece of equipment only on more expensive units, those can be seen as specialized tools to remove big stuff, something opponent paid good points for. People will have less problems with one of more expensive pieces disabling another. Not so much when your operators are cheap and spammable.
    And that becomes a problem when you have to spend way more orders walking in and resetting, or walking long way around until you get LoF than you would've spent trying to put down a TAG (something that supposedly pays loads of points for staying power) using a rifle. When you look at it that way, cost becomes an issue no matter what piece you try to use against jammer carrier.

As for elite models having only marginally better protection against certain things - indeed, but again, if such things were not available on cheap stuff, it would look okay that they can remove heavy units while using same means against cheap stuff would be seen as inefficient (which it usually is unless it's ARO).

10. SpectralOwl

Yep. Agreed. If Speculative Fire (literally guesswork with ballistics) can't target markers, how do Jammers get away with it? They really do far, far too much given the platforms they appear on. They're certainly interesting rules-wise, but cut out much of the interaction that makes Infinity fun. Being counted as Comms Equipment, Disposable or any one of the 60+ decent ideas in this thread would make them more enjoyable to play against because of the improved actions/reactions available. I can see the reasons for defending them, and even why they should remain at their current power level, but at the very least they should be less unbearably dull to fight.

Alfy, ChoTimberwolf, Berjiz and 3 others like this.
  11. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Yeah, the longer this conversation goes on the more I think that the answers should be:

1: Jammers are Comms Equipment

2: Remove the Intuitive Attack trait

3: Allow Reset out of Jammer Isolation

That would allow Jammers to continue to do EVERYTHING their defenders have argued for in this thread, while still dialing the frustration of facing them back a LONG way.

12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That sounds like a pretty good fix.

13. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

Reset as far as I know also gets malus in some situation for example eraser? And you can move before the dodge in active turn? Its a short skill so move-dodge works even in active turn?

Hecaton likes this.
  14. Hecaton

Their defenders don't want the counterplay of Blackout, and don't want to lose Intuitive Attack.

15. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

If someone wants to spend orders hauling some repeaters into range of a jammer and then banging their heads against resets using one die with blackout only for their target to remain a piece that can still eat orders, trade, generate orders, use support gear or shoot stuff depending on unit type, they are welcome.

Granted, it could be situationally viable. In most cases it'll be just a noob trap.

Berjiz and barakiel like this.
  16. SpectralOwl

Funnily enough, Isolated itself also knocks out Comms Equipment. If Jammers were Comms Equipment, they could be shut down by E/M, Oblivion, Eraser and other Jammers.

Section9, Mahtamori and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  17. Armihaul

Dodge in active doesn't allow to move, only in reactive (but you can move with a "move" order, of course). A successful resset allows a "fail guts" move even in active. Is optional (so you are not forced to do it if you are gonna end in really bad position), but if you are trying to not get in the enemy ZoC, fail and are forced to reset, you might be able to get out in that same order (if you win) and don't get a second round (which with dodge is impossible at the moment)

18. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

ah thats what you meant, yeah in some situations that may be pretty useful

19. Hecaton

Well, not Oblivion. Not a legal target dor that one.

20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Blackout, however, will work just fine.

Hecaton likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation