1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N4 2020 and PanO

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Narkano, Aug 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

They all are (with recept exception of Magisters) Hospitallers troops.

2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

xD

Let them die, srsly.

3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Ok, interesting question (but again, only relevant to MO) is if CB will adress Frenzy/Impetues and Fireteams issue/interaction.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I sure fucking hope so.

5. Berithh

Berithh New Member

I would like to see an adjustment of SWC for units in Vanilla, to incentivise a larger diversity of units.

For the sake of example, comparing the TOOSFO to the Croc FO. Both are armed with a Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines, Pistol, and Knife. Both have TO Camo, both are infiltrators. In terms of points, I understand why the Croc costs more, where he loses 1 point of CC and Religious, he gains 2 PH, an X Visor and Multiterrain. However, the TOOSFO costs 1 SWC.

Using those two as a specific example, I feel we should be looking at the two as "Can I spring the extra 5 points for the X-Visor version", not "Well the TOOSFO costs 1 SWC, so why would I take him when I can take a Croc FO for 5 points more"

AdmiralJCJF and Hecaton like this.
  6. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

TAGs, HI and camouflage and the point cost system and discounts needs a major redesign imo.

Panos flavor weakness are old and outdated.

7. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Can i ask for a resculpt so they look cool on the shelf?

8. bona

bona Well-Known Member

I think a new sculpt of Joan is in order. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

eciu likes this.
  9. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I hear a new one appeared in the wild at Gencon, so that's a thing.

bona likes this.
  10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Alternate arms for Joan 2.0 (thought I must admit she looks quite cool).

11. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I think we should still count it as another Joan.

After all, more Joan is more fun.

12. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a change in the way stats are priced primarily. BS above 13, Arm above 3, PH above 12 are all paying too much to be best buy troops. This would affect tags and stat monster units, in PanO mainly MO. This could shift MO to a high arm sectorial, or at least that's something I'd like to see. Things like Arm 5 Hospitallers and Arm 6 Father Knights would be very interesting and give the sectorial a focus no other army really has. A nerf to camo and mimetism is I think probably warranted, at least in how AROs against them work (allowing for delayed ARO for discovering for example). Rules bloat and pointless stuff like automedkit/regeneration should see a rework. The power creep balancing out is definitely something I'm mainly looking forward too. The discrepancy between SMGs and virtually every other weapon or NWI+shock immunity vs 2 wounds and various other in system cheats CB has been resorting too should be somewhat evened out. I'm really hoping for a general unit rework for sub par stuff and small rules tweaks.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  13. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

The new Joan just looked like the arms from the Interplanetario Pulpi sculpt on the v2 body.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  14. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I realized that I didn't yet give my wishes to Santa CB:
    Ruleset:
    • Consistency in costs accross the whole units and profiles in the game.
    • Clean rules, written like mathematic definitions so there are no argument about how this or that should be played.
    • Reworking some skills, equipements and weaponry that do too much for their cost or too little or just bring frustration in this game.
    • I don't mind nested skills and equipements but they should be written clear in the skills they are nested in. Put a reminder in the army about which skills and equipements are nested in which should be enough (just like Booty chart).
    • Find a way to bring what was good in the ITS boosts to the rules of the relevant units and skills.
    • Make antimaterial working by default. This would make tables and terrain much more interesting and would open new ways to cross the table.
    Sculpts:
    • Bring back the miniaturised vibe there was before the Aquila mess up. If the Panzerfaust can't be shoulder mounted anymore, you can make them arm mounted like the EXO armour in X-COM2.
    PanO:
    • They are still our two ASA heroes who need to be reworked. The Teutonic knight needs some profiles to go and some to come in order to be more interesting than combi rifle and panzerfaust or Spitifire.
    • Some look at the Black Friar sniper. This guy need some candies. Welcome the MSV2 and Hacker OS in OS fireteams. I know you fear that Konstantinos would lost his spot but I don't think he should fear anything.
    • More Auxbots, types and unit attributions.
    • MULTI Marksman rifle when?

15. Nomadimp

Nomadimp Well-Known Member

I actually wonder if fireteams in general are good for the game and what would happen if n4 just removed them entirely.

From an accessibility standpoint, the fire team rules and interactions are really hard to understand for new players, let alone how to actually use a team without non link leaders catching AROs. It removes some skill from the game but makes it easier to play.

Sectorials would probably need something in exchange but restricting more profiles to sectorials could do it.

I think in a world without fireteams to turn cheaper units into great shooters, the good solo gunfighters in pano would probably shine more.

I doubt we’ll see anything that dramatic but I’d at least explore it.

16. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Hi in an effort to make the various N4 related threads manageable and readable we decided to make one Faction thread for all the related N4 faction specific discussions please continue your conversations here.

Thanks

And before you ask why not merge, merge function has proven "idiosyncratic" and we would rather not risk the chance of loosing posts or even threads.

Shoitaan and A Mão Esquerda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation