1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So O12 Landed

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by eciu, Aug 1, 2019.

1. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

No, Yes, in that order. The KotHS is too much to be paying for what is an expensive combi.

Agreed here. CB overvalues multi ammo by a lot though, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're only cheating a little bit.

I think it's more because no one wants to actually have a discussion between the idealists who think everything in the game is fine, and the realists, who are willing to have an actual conversation about problems/perceived problems in the game. Some people just want to bury their head in the sand.

It's the only important metric at the end of the day. If a faction is winning more than all the others, with factors such as meta and playerbase put aside, it's too strong. There's a reason your chess ELO is based only on your winrate and not your ability to manuever your Queen, for example.

2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

When you compare in the void two players and their win records it is unimportant really, the variables of luck, ambient level of player skill in their area, local meta and how factions are serviced or not by it, even terrain play such a role that it is hardly a metric.

Globally, faction wide it gives some metric and has some merit if one can distil the information into serviceable data.

3. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

AP weapons are generally +2/3 points over their regular variant, Shock is generally +1. Multi is +4 meaning for Light, the B1 Stun/DA ammo is about +1 point.
    Of course Medium and Heavy multi are a bit different.

I think these two quotes say a lot about you that you didn't necessarily want to share.

Alphz, Bellyflop, Papa Bey and 3 others like this.
  4. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Been a while since I used this acronym, but it feels apropos: QFT

Zelaponeepus and Alphz like this.
  5. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Depends on the mission, there are some that it's a really solid pick on.

Ayadan likes this.
  6. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

In general, they are a solid pick, but a hard one to play. KotHS are miles away from just point and click. They are nice in the hand of a guy with a twisted brain who loves to play with hidden threats and misbelieves. More a Haqq player thing than a PanO player one where a dreaded shadow is preferred to mind games.

Stiopa and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Hey, I'm a PanO player and I love to play mind games. KotHS is right up my alley :D

AdmiralJCJF and Ayadan like this.
  8. Ayadan

He is in mine too o/
    But that's something I've noticed after reading for a long time this subforum. PanO players as a whole don't like things too convoluted. Things must get simple and powerful or it is considered as pure bloat.
    While I tend those day to be the Herald of Tzeench with plans into plans to confuse my opponents and have fun with my dirty tricks.

SmaggTheSmug likes this.
  9. Stiopa

This is exactly what I was annoyed about until the last rebalancing. PanO was too straightforward, and high BS wasn't making up for lack of tricks and secondary options. Especially since N3 - back in N2 higher attibutes were tie breakers in FtF rolls, so that high BS of ours was more useful. But I digress :P

O12 seems to sit between PanO and Aleph (or Nomads, depending on opinions). They're good, but not overly so - even though Lynx, Omega, or Varangians are quite powerful for their cost - but my first thought is that they're unnecessary. They simply don't open any new area for the game in the way other factions did.

They're able to throw together some pretty good combinations, but I'm reserving my judgement balance-wise for now.

10. Ayadan

The huge thing I need to feel is the Riotstopper and the Delta. Those two things are huge question marks for me.

Guardian and theradrussian like this.
  11. Stiopa

Delta is awesome, full stop. Each of their loadouts has a use, and Spitfire for 1 SWC is a headscratcher.

emperorsaistone likes this.
  12. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

But that also means there is no way to say the people who are currently making a critique are wrong. Saying there isn't data works both ways

13. WarHound

WarHound Well-Known Member

What's the deal with a Delta being 4-2 MOV while Goldstein is 4-4.

Do we reckon that's special dispensation for him being a character, or a typo?

14. Werekill

Werekill Well-Known Member

I see that you are a person of culture as well, lol. I love running at minimum 2 TO units.

15. Stiopa

It was ridiculous back in N2, when you could disguise KotHS as a Regular Minelayer, and deploy a Cutter masqueraded as a mine...

Good question

theradrussian likes this.
  16. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

On a 17.
    Low BS on a Warbands hardly matters as Warbands hardly ever use BS. And with a Light Shotgun you're getting a +6 bonus anyway.
    They are costly compared to other similar troops (Jaguars would be the most direct comparison), but they're good. I believe they have thrown SMGs/Shotguns at them because with just Chains they'd be broken.

17. Werekill

Werekill Well-Known Member

That's disgusting, but I love it so much.

Honestly even in N3, I feel like people downplay the options that PanO has for mindgames and complexity. Even in NCA. Running Pathfinder + 2-3 Fugazi + Fusi Hacker leads to fun repeater nets after using a coordinated order to spread them, and it becomes juicy bait for when a hacker tries to hit our Fusi then gets slapped by a hidden Hexa KHD.

(mouthful of a sentence there)

Then it sounds like they're a good unit. Does having a few great units inherently unbalance a faction? McMurrough is arguably the same strength, just without being a warband.

I still dislike how O-12 has a Hexa but better (and that it points out how Orcs need buffs), but I feel like we are being too hasty overall with O-12.

Zelaponeepus likes this.
  18. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@Werekill McMurrough is probably overpowered atm.

theradrussian and eciu like this.
  19. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Overpowered is a strong word, but certainly his points cost doesn't really add up compared to most other things built like him.

Zelaponeepus likes this.
  20. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Yes, that's what I was referring to. I think I misread the original, I was speaking in terms of factions, not players. I have no desire to participate in a dick measuring contest.

That I clearly consider myself to be in the realist category? There's no need to hide behind veiled insults, you can speak directly to me. And again, I had misinterpreted the original comment I was quoting, I was speaking in terms of factions, rather than players. I don't care who calls themselves the best players or wants to be, but I think the way that poster reacted after someone else has been openly hostile to them for *literally months* on the forums was quite understandable.

Based on the Varangian statline it looks like the regular impetuous discount may have been buffed somewhere along the way.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation