1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITS Season 9 - Designated Target, Doctor Skill, & Losing the Game

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Lazarus0909, Feb 6, 2018.

1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Anyone can be Doctored as long as they have Wounds and are Unconscious. Even enemy troopers.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  2. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Doctor etc. mentions troopers in the description but not Civilians. So can we heal Civilians as well? Question: The Designated Target is an enemy trooper to my opponent, but what is it to me? My understanding says: HVT (Civilian), so I can't heal it.

3. ijw

REQUIREMENTS
    • The user must be in base to base contact with his target.
    • The target must have a Wounds Attribute.
    • The target must be in Unconscious state.
    EFFECTS
    • Doctor allows the user, by passing a Normal WIP Roll, to heal 1 point of the target's Wounds Attribute and cancel his Unconscious state back to Normal.

4. ijw

Actually I misspoke slightly - you can't Doctor an enemy trooper because it's not a Skill allowed in Engaged state, but a Civilian is definitely fair game.

So any HVT that isn't an enemy Designated Target is fine.

chromedog, Zewrath, xagroth and 3 others like this.
  5. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Since you said the several bullet points in a rule are not independent from each other, how does that interact with the following bullet points? Can't I heal the HVT after it's rendered unconcious again because it's no trooper?

#25 Tristan228, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Makes sense to me, but I'm at a loss as to what happens if you kill your own DT by failing the roll.

7. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Opponent get points for them dying, but not bonus points if the mission gives them? Theoretically you could steal the +3 Datatracker points in Decapitation away even if you don't revive them

8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Seems bullshit if your opponent knocks your DT unconscious with their Datatracker, then you mercy kill it with your doctor to deny them three points. I think that should still count as a kill for the Datatracker in that case.

9. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Unless it's not killed by the DT you won't get the extra points.

Not being able to heal the HVTs would easily fix that though.:smirk:

#29 Tristan228, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  10. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

Play like we used to do it @Tristan228. Taking the bullets under the first requirements into consideration it is your HVT = Civilian = no trooper = you can't heal it = fairplay achieved = have a nice day/match. ;)

chromedog and Tristan228 like this.
  11. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I would understand it that way to. Your own HVT is your opponent DT so is an ennemy for him but for you it's still a neutral civilian.

So if you heal it and fail then you apply the standard civ rule (perte de tout les points d'objo + l'adversaire en gagne automatiquement 2 supplémentaires) :
    However, if any player causes harm to a Civilian (meaning the Civilian enters a Null state), then that player automatically loses the game and any Objective Points he would have gotten. In addition, in a compensatory way, the player's opponent gets 2 extra Objective Points, but these points cannot bring his total number above 10.

12. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

This is like a law argument on a trial. The rules aren't clear beacuse its pdf and normal rules aren't 100% accured.

Reagarding htv and datatracker kill. As you can only have one in my zone we assumed that if player A put in null state enemy designed civilian or datatracker and it end the game in this state, we earn the points. If player B using doc can heal his designed HTV or his datatracker before the end of the game player A must kill it again. If player B fail the doc roll or player A kill directly the HTV or datatracker, player A earn the points.

In decapitation is diferent beacuse if your leutinent falls nule you should heal it before the end of the turn, beacuse during your next turn you will get a new Leutinent. If you have chain of command you simply can lose 2 Leutinents during the same turn xd.

Pd1: i think the best should be ask the staff by a clarification about killing objectives and healing. The rules just didn't fix it and every interpretation must change them.

Pd2: sorry for my bad english

13. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Chain of command is an optional skill so doesnt have to be used.

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

To be perfectly honest, I don't see eye to eye with IJW's interpretation that a Datatracker is awarded the kill on a DT if they let the mission timer land the finishing blow, so I'd say killing the HVT via Medikit doesn't really rob anyone of anything.

15. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

You can heal it. :yum:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation