1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fatality 2 with B5...

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Zewrath, Mar 27, 2019.

1. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

Yes.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I think we're getting close.

We are definitely seeing some strange changes up to a year after a release to what it was supposed to have been, which does not say good things about their (formal term) "document version control".

I really don't want to refresh/new version if we can avoid it, because that is going to delay moving the storyline forward by another 4+ years. There was an incredible amount of griping about how long we had to wait for "Acheron Falls" (the next book after Campaign Paradiso) after N3 was released. Technically, I'm not sure we are there yet, because Acheron is the name of the blockade of the CA Wormhole in Paradiso.

3. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

I haven't play enough yet to talk about balance, but I do find high the amount of new sectorials; with so many shared rules, something is going to break at some point. But I guess they know what they are doing.
    Rules wise, yes, something should be done. The living rulebook would be great imo, and the system need to make it easier to new players.

Going back to the Fatality L2, if it is overperforming too much, what about making the 1 successes that cannot be canceled by the enemy roll instead of a full crit? That way the Fatality L2 can still deal extra damage without increasing too much the odds of winning the FtF rolls

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

You generate another exception to the gaming mechanics, and keep the "10% no risk" part of the situation. Making them ignore penalties to Burst & reflection modfiers seems more interesting to me (so no Nimbus/Nimbus plus against these two models), since they got Fat2 for free.

Wyrmnax likes this.
  5. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Wait for Datas they said.

What now?

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

"You understood the rule poorly, we never meant for Fat2 to be played like that"

Benkei, Hecaton and Ginrei like this.
  7. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

As i said:
    We are woorking on that, we know the issue, but dont expect the change during this season.

Alphz, Sabin76, Zewrath and 7 others like this.
  8. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

As long as there's continued communication about it that it's being actively looked at I don't think anybody will complain too much. If there is a problem causing a delay proactively communicating the issue will do wonders to allay concerns it's being swept under a rug.

#408 Triumph, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  9. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think of Infinity as getting buried underneath many unnecessary rules.

hoard.jpg

Benkei likes this.
  10. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

This is exactly what we've been waiting to hear. It gives a firm timeline on when we can expect a change rather than a vague 'soon'. Keep this up!

But note, there will be a furore if no charge happens when the new season drops.

Vanderbane likes this.
  11. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

Changing the mechanic like that would be another way but I tried to suggest a nerf without going too far of the actual mechanic. Most rules are about breaking the base mechanic in one way or another, and this change would be like berserker but only for the 1 (check that I said that couldn't be cancelled, not full crits, so the ARM/BTS roll won't be bypassed). With this change they would still have high probability to deal damage, but not to win FtF rolls stacked against them. But anyway, it was just an idea.

12. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

So at least, you guys know its a problem. Good.

Zewrath likes this.
  13. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

My entire reason for creating this thread in the beginning was for CB to answer whether you had an honest opinion on the mechanic or not and whether it really was as play tested as one could’ve. That you now have recognised that the rule is an issue is more than what I could have hoped for to be honest.

I’m positively surprised.

Wyrmnax, zapp, xagroth and 5 others like this.
  14. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

You don't know how happy you make all us snotty complainers with a simple post like that! :+1:

15. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Basically yes, honest communication is good. Keyword being honest, maintaining that reputation is important because if you ruin your reputation nobody can trust anything you say like unfortunately the position @Bostria has put himself in. If he says it's being worked on nobody can trust that because who knows, maybe it's being worked on just like O-12 were definitely not happening as a faction.

xagroth, Hecaton and CabalTrainee like this.
  16. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

My god, theres literally a thread about how this is a myth.
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/in-which-i-thank-bostria-for-his-honesty.33994/

Seems like reputations can be ruined just by people making up their own shit right?
    You make PR sound so easy while continuously wrecking your own personal credibility. Its easy to throw stones in a glass house eh.

17. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

In the same vein, I don't think HellLois actually states he/CB thinks the mechanic is an "issue". So much as hes working on "something". I'd check you expectations.

18. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

And “an issue for a vocal portion of active forum users with imperfect access to needed data” does not automatically equate to “an immediate issue for the game designers” nor does “something” mean the same as “the ‘solution’ those active forum users think they want”.

19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not expecting a major change like this to happen in the middle of an ITS season, though technically Uprising did.

Anyway, when does ITS season 11 start? August? November?

xagroth and Hecaton like this.
  20. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I was pretty vocal about Fat2 at some point, but after spending some time in dice calculator I can say that people who complain about armies being removed by Tarik/Sheskin will probably still complain about the same thing even after Fat2 rework, whatever it will be. But I've said this several times ITT already.

Amendments to the rule will probably result in considerable morale boost here, so there's that.

I personally think there are bigger issues atm, but that's mostly subjective.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation