1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many wounds do bikes have?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by DaRedOne, May 16, 2019.

1. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Okay, this sounds like a dumb question, but I need it answered because of local community stuff. Most biker profiles list two profiles, like this:

Ariadna
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    MAVERICK Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)

0 SWC | 21 Points

Open in Infinity Army

For some reason I've had people say that bikers have two wounds, that when they suffer a wound they're forced to dismount and then keep operating as a single wound model. I don't think that's the case, but oddly enough I can't find a place in the rules saying the wounds on the first profile apply to the second. Can someone provide a link to the actual rules that say bikes only have 1 wound?

Thanks in advance.

2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

there is also no rule saying that if you take 1 W you must switch over to the second profile. So you have 1W, when you take a Wound, what happens ? Well since your stat was 1W, you go Unconscious.

Unless you had something like Lo-Tech A which says that when you lose all your W/STR you then use Battle Ravaged Troop Profile.

But Motorcycle doesn't have any special clause related to this.

chromedog, Sabin76 and colbrook like this.
  3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

You’ve got it the wrong way around.

Every trooper with more than one profile has a skill that explains how to switch between their profiles. Several of them (Transmutation, Symbionte Armor, etc.) have Wound-based rules for switching between the profiles that consume the damage when the profile switches.

Motorcycles don’t have those rules. If you have a bike and you take a Wound, you don’t Dismount. If you’re 1W on the bike and you’ve lost a Wound, you’re now Unconscious and still in the bike profile.

The same situation goes for Shaasvastii that get deployed in seeds. Taking a Wound doesn’t make the trooper hatch. Hatching doesn’t work like transmutation, you don’t have an extra Wound due to the seed profile.

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Exactly!

5. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

Unfortunately biker profiles use some weird hybrid profile with the 'Motorcycle' skill in addition to their own. So both profiles are of the rider only. The only time the Motorcycle has a profile is when the rider is dismounted and we put down that weird marker with 1 STR.

This will be a tough one to explain with no specific rules to back you. Because discussing how we swap between profiles doesn't exactly tell us what happens when one or the other takes a wound. You really need to stick to the philosophy of not doing more than the rules tell us to do. All I can think of is checking to see if they understand what those profiles represent first.

It would probably be best to change this setup in the rules because It feels very convoluted to me. The same system as Manned+pilots(rider) seems fine and more consistent to me.

DaRedOne likes this.
  6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Motorcycles were in N1, we didn't get Manned TAGs till either late N2 or N3.

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

TAG pilot profiles were added in Human Sphere (2nd Edition), the same book that added the Iguana with its Operator and ejection rules. Note that the conceptual difference between piloted and remote presence TAGs already existed; there just weren't rules for dismounting during combat.

chromedog and Ginrei like this.
  8. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

There were.
    Mount/Dismount were the skills that BOTH motorcycles AND TAGS with pilots used for doing so.
    It's just that no-one ever bothered to read that bit. Just like the "activate" skill.

9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I was talking about 2nd edition - I promise you I actually pulled out my book to check and that’s where they added the “pilot” skill, along with pilot profiles.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation