1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on deploying the Keisotsu fireteam

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Hos, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Hos

Hos New Member

Hi there, new to Infinity, only been playing a few months, so I have a newbie question. I have been running the 5 man core team as

• keisotsu missile launcher
    • keisotsu forward observer
    • keisotsu combi rifle
    • kempei CinC
    • kempei MSV
    with a keisotsu combi rifle as a spare 6th to replace a deadie to get back to 5

Going second, I have been putting the forward observer and missile launcher on ARO fully expecting 1 to die, but hopefully not both. And thats been fine for me.

How do you suggest I play the team if I'm going first? I don't think the same strategy will work, as when i activate my kempei MSV, my opponent will just ARO against another core team member they can see. In this case perhaps only the kempei MSV should be visible on deployment, and the missile launcher and forward observer hide, and perhaps only pop up for ARO duty at the end of the turn.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

That sounds like a good plan to me. I usually only have the team leader exposed if I can.

3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I would only leave the missile up if you are going second. You can't afford to be AROing turn one with the Shock MMR, it's one of your better shooting pieces in JSA and it's not shooting ammo to make trading with it dangerous to most units.

If you are going first, start with everyone in a position where you can't get (or its difficult to be) counterdeployed. You don't want everyone standing because as you said, they can set up AROs on weaker members of the team. 5 man links are generally more unwieldy than individual units though, so I would focus on having the Kempei smoke shoot the 1-2 things she can and then hide the link back in safety.

4. neostrider

neostrider Well-Known Member

What you did is good. No wrong answers.

Is there any particular problems you are having that caused you to ask? What tends to happen?

I rarely bring two kempetai. Without knowing the full list I know why anyone might need the msv rifle AND CoC for an aggressive LT.

I'm a big fan of a 2 ML tanko link. Keisotsu can do the same, or make 1 a hmg for variety in the active turn.

I really like a domaru in that link. He brings more diverse tools to the team, but at a premium.

5. Hos

Hos New Member

Hi All, thanks for the replies. I was just checking, as I had been going second for quite a few games in a row, and it spooked me going first all of a sudden. I deployed as i would if i went second (with too many troops exposed), and got mauled by enemy missile launcher in ARO. I'm on the right track then, awesome.

The other thing I'm realising as a newbie, is even with the 5 man bonus to burst and BS, the MSV Kempei or even Domaru HMG cannot take on everything in the active turn in a straight up face to face firefight (eg Kamau sniper, that Tohaa missile launcher in a triad) - we're not a BS faction, and have to use tricks like smoke shoot or get in with CC.

6. CodeMOIN37

CodeMOIN37 Member

This is why I rarely use the Keisotsu HMG and generally go with two ML. I’ll rarely activate them in active turn- they’re simply there for ARO and to provide link bonuses to the msv2 kempetai who is generally the only member of the link that gets activated in the active turn. As you say, Keisotsu are best used purely for defence and to back up your aggressive pieces - take one of the 3 Haris options or a Rui Shi for gunfighting.

7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Point of order! That's a Domaru Spitfire, not an HMG. Slightly shorter range bands, and only Dam14 instead of the HMG's Dam15. (and very different model, but that's less important than the stats)

But yes, the Domaru or Kempei is only BS12, which means you're at best BS18 in a full link team, and more likely effective BS15 due to a target in cover. So Smoke Shooting someone is usually a better choice than trying to shoot it out head to head.

meikyoushisui and Abrilete like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation