1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mayanet Roster Creator

Discussion in 'News' started by toadchild, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

My experience is that where I make only small changes to elements in a project, the App Store updates can be a little uncertain. I actually tell my users to delete my apps and start again. It seems to save a lot of trouble.

I think this may be something to do with the App Store using vectors to update only parts of elements in the compiled package that have changed, but to be honest, I don't really understand any of that, it's just something I read somewhere :smile:

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I did some more work on the Foreign Company and Dashat Company army lists today. I'll see if I can work through Tohaa and Spiral on Sunday.

3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Tohaa/Spiral are wrapped up and I should be able to do a beta this week.

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Hmm, the app store is giving me some errors about certificates. Obviously there will be no beta until I get that sorted out.

Postmortem likes this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Got that sorted out, and the beta should be out in the next few days once it clears the review process.

6. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

Sweeeeeeet! Nothing against the web based army app, but I MUCH prefer yours!

toadchild and ijw like this.
  7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Let's put it this way - I'm so used to MayaNet by now that if I print from Army I have to write the main weapon/identifier etc. for each unit next to the name...

8. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Hmm, looks like the wiki worked fine on the simulator but’s broken on a real iPad. I’ll still let people test the beta I just uploaded, but I’ll queue up another build ASAP.

9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I made a few last small data updates based on tester feedback and am uploading another beta. If all goes well, this will be the public release.

E-Warden, Postmortem and inane.imp like this.
  10. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I’m happy to announce that MayaNet 4.0 with the Daedalus’ Fall unit updates is available for download in the App Store!

Nat Lanza, Wolf, Postmortem and 3 others like this.
  11. Postmortem

Postmortem Kazak Arachnophile

Thanks again for your work.

toadchild likes this.
  12. zhodanicommando

Ipad Air 2 and happy to say loaded up just fine. I’ve been patiently waiting for this update, thanks very much!!!

Cheers
    Kevin

toadchild likes this.
  13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Glad to hear it! Once I get my copy of the book I'll probably start working on a big update to spec-ops.

14. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Hey @toadchild first of all thanks for getting the app into high resolution mode for those of us with 12” devices, it’s way nicer to use now :D

I had a quick look through the shasvastii update and it all looked to be there good and proper.
    The only problem I noticed was that the Corax spec-ops was set to use the Seed Soldier instead of the Nox troop - but since spec ops are about to get updated with new XP tables anyway, no harm done I suppose :)

toadchild likes this.
  15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I got a new iPad recently which motivated that change. I could have played around with the simulator previously, but without a real device in your hands you don’t realize how much of a difference it makes.

And you are correct about the Corax - I saw that change but chose to skip it entirely for now. Expect a 4.1 update in the next month or so.

inane.imp and Leviathan like this.
  16. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'm starting to do some of the lighter pre-work for the spec-ops update. No promises I'll finish it all this weekend; I'm not feeling terribly inspired at the moment.

17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I'm getting back in the saddle re: spec-ops for Mayanet.

I fixed up the rest of the database and UI changes (as far as I know) and started entering the new spec-ops equipment. Tonight I did PanO, Yu Jing, Ariadna, and Haqq. I need a break from staring at tiny tables and will do some more factions tomorrow or Monday (it's a holiday and I don't have to work).

inane.imp, E-Warden and Postmortem like this.
  18. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I've got all the tables entered, but I'm going to be delaying things again. In light of the changes to how spec-ops base units work, including the fact that sectorials are locked into specific units, I'm changing how that aspect of the selection works. All armies are now going to use a model closer to the way I do Treitak/Corax for Combined Army, where there is a separate unit entry for each possible base unit. Each sectorial will then get only the unit that goes with their forces.

Trust me, it'll be cleaner this way.

inane.imp and E-Warden like this.
  19. Dreilide

Dreilide Well-Known Member

Small nitpick, but I noticed that the Santiago Killer Hacker points cost is 1 point different between the web Army app and Mayanet. 37 in Mayanet, 38 on the web Army app.

Just wanted to bring it to your attention. Love the app!

toadchild likes this.
  20. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Thanks, I’ll double check those costs.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation