1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa winners @ Rumble on Route 66

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by barakiel, Apr 16, 2019.

1. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Not a Tohaa dude myself, but wanted to shout out to two Tohaa players who dominated at Rumble on Route 66. Through 5 rounds and 150 players, waketheghost and @nehemiah claimed 3rd and 4th Overall, respectively. Congratulations, guys!

Grathak, Einhorn, Shoitaan and 9 others like this.
  2. Postmortem

Postmortem Kazak Arachnophile

Congrats to them both!

150 players and 5 rounds.../drool

nehemiah likes this.
  3. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Thanks! You did not do too bad yourself with 2nd place.

4. Ryun

Ryun Member

Congrats!

I was wondering if you could tell me about the list and the direction of the play :heart_eyes:

ChoTimberwolf and nehemiah like this.
  5. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

GJ both of you!!!

nehemiah likes this.
  6. nehemiah

Sure!

Going into the tournament I wanted to try out some of the new additions to the army, but wanting to play with a fully painted army, as well as just picking up the box at Adepticon, I had to prioritize between what I wanted to play, and what I could get painted in time.

With that in mind I settled on this list for Decapitation and Firefight:

Mind Your Head
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    DRAAL Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges, Dazer / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)
    KIIUTAN Combi Rifle / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    TAAGMA Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)
    SUKEUL Lieutenant (Forward Observer) K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    KRIIGEL Submachine Gun, Phero-Booster / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    CLIPSOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    SUKEUL Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)
    KAMAEL Paramedic (Medikit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)

3.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The idea behind this list was to use the Krakot or Kiuutan as my datatracker for decapitation depending on the table layout and if I was going first or second, and to use them to cause as much damage as possible in Firefight.
    The Kriigel was there to add a buffer zone for my Lt with Eraser, and provide White Noise for my Missile Launcher as needed.
    The Taagma was there to grant me a Counter Intelligence, and pretend to be Neema Saatar with a Spitfire with the hope that someone would mistake her as my Lieutenant in Firefight.
    The Draal was also another possible option as a datatracker in Decapitation, but I thought it would be most useful for setting up additional obstacles for units making a rush at my Lieutenant by setting up Dazers as needed.

For Unmasking, Supplies, and Acquisition, I came up with this:

Nobody Expects the Tohaa Acquisition!

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    GAO-RAEL Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 33)
    SUKEUL Lieutenant (Forward Observer) K1 Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    TAAGMA Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    KAAURI Sentinel Submachine Gun, 2 Nanopulsers, Nullifier / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 12)
    KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    SUKEUL Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 36)
    KAMAEL Paramedic (Medikit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    KERAIL PRECEPTOR Submachine Gun, Smoke Grenades + 1 Surda SymbioBeast / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] SURDA SYMBIOBEAST Pulzar / Viral CCW. (0 | 8)
    CLIPSOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)

4.5 SWC | 297 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The idea here was to pair the Draal with the Gao-Real and Makaul and use the Draal's Stratus Cloud to give the Gao-Real an additional edge in firefights. I also wanted the Draal to use his Dazer to slow units units trying to get to the objectives.
    The Taagma was to grant Counter Intelligence, and to hide as a Sukeul with HMG so my opponents would think there was a long range threat waiting in the wings.

Grathak, Goorie, xagroth and 7 others like this.
  7. Ryun

Ryun Member

Thank you for the Great report. It was very helpful :)

nehemiah and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  8. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Excellent work, lads. :)

barakiel, nehemiah and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  9. borings

borings Well-Known Member

Ive had good results with putting the taagma in a triad in the back as a gao rael sniper. Prone behind cover, but in a position to see other sniper spots. Congrats on the wins!

10. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I mean they'd have to be a bit of a dummy to miss the part where you're down a command token because no advanced command, at which point if they do miss that they're probably the kind of opponent that doesn't know enough about the game to actually know any of the LT options you actually have so either way it doesn't really work.

You'd probably be better off just duplicating another Sukeul LT profile. Just remember HP shenanigans need to trick someone into thinking the incorrect thing. If your opponent isn't capable of thinking in the first place, they can't be tricked.

Barrogh and borings like this.
  11. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Neema has a non-LT profile too.

12. Triumph

That doesn't help him achieve what he was trying to do at all. You can't fool your opponent into thinking it might be Neema because Neema doesn't have an LT profile without Advanced Command.

It'd be like me trying to trick my opponent into thinking Sun Tze is my LT with a Kanren, except he'd be questioning why the hell I wasn't using Strategos.

#12 Triumph, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  13. nehemiah

Knowing Neema is a Lieutenant does not necessarily mean the opponent is going to know everything she does, and the lack of an extra command token is an easy thing to over look. It was a calculated risk that they would see through the ruse, but Neema is also worth lot of army points in Firefight, so she is still a tempting target and is still useful for splitting your opponent's attention.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  14. Triumph

In my experience the type of opponents who can actively figure out what model your LT is tend to be packing weapons grade autism, they're gonna notice.

-Ghost-, Hiereth and csjarrat like this.
  15. nehemiah

Fair enough, I was banking on running into someone without such a trait, but who would still recognize a high point potential lieutenant in a mission which prioritizes killing more Lieutenants, and more army points.

16. El tito Zylito

El tito Zylito Active Member

what are you trying to achieve with that?

17. nehemiah

My assumption is this to attempt to fool the opponent into either keeping their head down at the end of their active turn leaving with a lighter ARO presence to deal with on your active turn, or leading them to set up powerful AROs against the fake Gao-Real which may leave them out of place against units you are intending to use.

I have done this before with Kotail disguised as Le Muet prone atop a building.

18. borings

borings Well-Known Member

Pretty much this exactly. It seems to lead to people positioning in ways they wouldnt, either to avoid being shot at by the sniper, or to pin down the sniper if he decides to stand up. Both situations are good.

xagroth, nehemiah and Abrilete like this.
  19. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Some people just don't like the psychological warfare because you can't put it into a dice calculator. If they can't put numbers to it they just don't see the logic. Personally I have fun with the psychological stuff. I know that I have tools that mess with my opponent despite them not being the best options. Using those options can be more reliable than dice sometimes.

xagroth, borings, barakiel and 3 others like this.
  20. WakeTheGhost

WakeTheGhost Member

This is my first time posting so I apologize in advance for formatting issues. Additionally, while I've been playing for about 2 years, I started playing Tohaa for ITS X, coming from Vanilla Nomads. Both lists were capable of handling all of the missions so it was a matter of picking the list based on the table and opponent's faction.

It's My First Time... Be Gentle
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]2
    SUKEUL HMG, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    DRAAL (Minelayer) AP Marksman Rifle, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 40)
    KIIUTAN Combi Rifle / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    GAO-RAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 31)
    KAAURI Sentinel Submachine Gun, 2 Nanopulsers, Nullifier / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 12)
    5.5 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

This list was used for Unmasking vs Morats, Supplies vs Bakunin, and Decapitation vs Arianda. The Kiiutan was out of marker state with a SymbioBomb in all missions but Decapitation where it went for the roll to get near to my opponents LT (and failed). The Kiiutan also was used to draw my opponents Extremely Impetuous troops into the fire lanes of my Gao-Rael sniper. The Sukeul HMG and Draal AP Marksman Rifle were used to take care of standard ARO threats. The Draal and CoC Kaeltar moved up to press the buttons/grab the box and the Clipsos FO went for the remaining objective and hunted LT's as a backup for the Kiiutan.

(Almost) Ready to Rumble!!!
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    SUKEUL HMG, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    GAO-RAEL Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 31)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

This list was used for Acquisition vs Combined Army and Firefight vs JSA. The Draal was my reserve, not part of a Triad and used to push forward and drop Dazers to slow my opponents approach while also threatening in suppression. The Sukeul FO was the DataTracker.

Feel free to ask any questions about the lists or approach if there's anything you're curious about.

Scactha, WiT?, barakiel and 2 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation