1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skill Level Questions

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Azuset, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I want to make sure I understand that the skill levels Camoflague and Valor stack. Do they?

Does a TO camo unit that pops out of camo get mimitisim out of camo marker state?

Do Kung Shi get the benefits of V3: Dogged and have V1:1 courage?

Thanks.

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Special_Skills#Special_Skill_Levels

Some Special Skills are divided into Levels of expertise with distinct effects and uses.

Unless otherwise stated, any numerical Level of a Special Skill automatically grants all lower Levels of the same Skill. For example, a Level 3 also grants Levels 1 and 2.

Conversely, alphabetical Levels such as Level X state whether they grant any other Levels of the Skill or not.

3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

If a trooper has a skill that has a numeric level (like some of Camouflage and Hiding skills do), that trooper has the lower levels as well. If there isn't a factor preventing it, you can benefit from all of them at once.

One of the things that will prevent you benefiting from multiple levels at once is the NFB (Negative Feedback) tag on skills.

When a TO Camo unit pops out of camo, it doesn't benefit from mimetism. It benefits from whatever level of Camouflage and Hiding it's currently using. (You'll note that CH:1 through 3 each duplicate the bullet point that grants the user the defensive BS Attack MOD.)

Azuset and Sabin76 like this.
  4. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Can a TO unit down grade to mimitism? Of benifit from mimisitim after it pops out?

5. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Valor does stack because its not tagged with NFB, correct?

6. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

If you wanted to? Yes.

7. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Can it then be upgraded again?

8. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Why would you want to? TO imposes a -6 MOD whether or not you are in a marker state. Indeed, you can ONLY be shot at to impose that -6 if you are NOT in a marker state (though there is also a -6 MOD to discovering while still in the marker state).

To your second question, yes. You can upgrade and downgrade your skill. You don't lose access to a skill if you've temporarily decided to use a lower level of it.

ChoTimberwolf and Azuset like this.
  9. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I thought you only got the -6 in marker state. Thanks for the help. :)

10. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

NFB doesn't dictate when skills do or do not stack. This is left up to the skills themselves

11. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

To why to tarn to as normal camos between mines etc

12. Sabin76

True, but what I was referring to was downgrading to mimetism.

13. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Please note also that camo and TO are fire sensitive and are reduced to mimetism when burnt. They also downgrade when you’re in retreat.

Xeurian and Sabin76 like this.
  14. fartsocks

fartsocks Active Member

I didn't know this. Any idea where that rule is on the wiki? All I can find is an FAQ referring to it on the retreat page.

15. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

It took me some time but I found it : the answer is in the camouflaged state, in the cancellation clause (http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Camouflaged) :
    The Camouflaged trooper becomes Impetuous (due to the Frenzy Characteristic or any other effect) or enters Retreat! state In either case, the trooper's CH Level is downgraded to CH: Mimetism. The trooper recovers his original CH Level when the Retreat! situation is canceled. However, the trooper does not revert to the Camouflaged state. To regain the Camouflaged state, the trooper must follow the Activation rules.

#15 Arkhos94, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    fartsocks and toadchild like this.
  16. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

so i have to wonder if that hidden effect would apply if you were not in the camo state. How would you know to apply a camo state cancellation effect in retreat situation to a model that is not in camo state ?

edit: or how would you know to apply it to a model turning impetuous who was not even in camo state ?

2nd edit: ok, at least the rule is in Frenzy :
    And the camo/imp cancellation clause says it equally applies to turning Retreat (which is kind of a form of impetuous order) or becoming impetuous from any other rules (due to the Frenzy Characteristic or any other effect)

17. Sabin76

Well, for Camo there is no difference (both Camo and Mimetism give a -3) if you are not in the marker state.

18. fartsocks

fartsocks Active Member

Thanks, I was looking in the camo & hiding page, not the camo state page.

19. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Yes but TO camouflage has the same clause :
    The TO Camouflaged trooper becomes Impetuous (due to the Frenzy Characteristic or any other effect) or enters Retreat! state In either case, the trooper's CH Level is downgraded to CH: Mimetism. The trooper recovers his original CH Level when the Retreat! situation is canceled. However, the trooper does not revert to the TO Camouflaged state. To regain the TO Camouflaged state, the trooper must follow the Activation rules.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation