1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Kiel-Saan Thoughts

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by DustGod, Apr 2, 2019.

1. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

MOV 6-2 /CC 21 /BS 13/PH 14 /WIP 12 ARM 4 /BTS 6 /W 2 /S5 /AVA3
    Dual Wield /Assault /Natural Born Warrior/ MetaChemistry lvl 1

KIEL-SAAN (Special Fireteam: Triad)
    Red Fury, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1 | 53)
    KIEL-SAAN (Special Fireteam: Triad)
    Mk12, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 53) 1 SWC]

I'm struggling to find a place for this unit.
    I'd just like to get some input from more veteran players as to what they think
    what they would take, if they would take it and how they would run it?...

2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I've run the triad with two Kiel-Saans and a Kaauri and quite liked it. Just apart from being a wall of meat that fights well at a lot of ranges very effectively, it provides a solution to something Spiral otherwise can struggle with - heavy TAGs (which we can't eraser and which are hard to outfight in ARO). Just apart from the Kiel-Saan's deadly melee ability, that little Kaauri is packing e/maulers of all things, which is TAG (and REM, and HI) kryptonite.

Bragg and DustGod like this.
  3. DustGod

Sweet... 123 pts... Woooo. That's gotta be limited insertion
    Would you run Red Fury & Mk12 or what mix?

What's your thought on Draal link or Solo Run?

4. RobertShepherd

This was the list:

Linebackers
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    KIEL-SAAN (Special Fireteam: Triad) Mk12, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 53)
    KIEL-SAAN (Special Fireteam: Triad) Red Fury, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1 | 53)
    KAAURI Sentinel (Special Fireteam: Triad, Pheroware T.: First Aid) Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    TAAGMA Lieutenant Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor, Fireteam: Special Triad) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)
    CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor, Fireteam: Special Triad) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)
    TAAGMA (Multispectral Visor L2) Viral Sniper / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
    CLIPSOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    KRIIGEL Breaker Combi Rifle + Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    REEX Boarding Shotgun, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    HELOT MILITIAMAN Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 9)
    HELOT MILITIAMAN Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 9)
    4 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

As for Draal, I like to start them linked (especially the Draal marksman rifle really likes being in a Tricore), but it's ok to leave the triad behind if you take a casualty and lost the bonuses, or have already dropped the Kriigel off in the most annoying possible place and want to push forward very aggressively.

Scactha and DustGod like this.
  5. DustGod

Linebackers Runnin' that Kriigel in.
    I dig this man. Once I get mine in the mail I might try this with a proxy or 2.
    Thanks for the input and the list...

RobertShepherd likes this.
  6. RobertShepherd

Please note that I know very little about sport so I'm glad the analogy actually worked to describe some part of the list :P

In Australian football, I'd describe the Kiel-Saans as Props. But I also don't really know much about that either, and also it doesn't make for a very good list name.

DustGod likes this.
  7. DustGod

Big Burly Guys getting a smaller guy where he needs to be is the perfect analogy... Fitting
    I'm not into sports either... So I feel you on that.

Kinda look in forward to hunting TAGs with it.

How do you think they'd hold up to JSA?

RobertShepherd likes this.
  8. RobertShepherd

Hm, good question. I think spiral corps at large has very good game into JSA overall, who hate lots of things we have (chaksa sensors, taagma MSV2 snipers, sixth sense kriigel, all of our huge number of direct template weapons etc), but a Kiel-Saan in particular won't hold up in melee with a Domaru or Shinobu Kitsune. You'll want to fall back on the fact that they're pretty good shooters and avoid a close assault against any of the Japanese expert CC elements.

So I guess If you do run them into JSA, make sure you keep them closely supported by things like the Kriigel and Chaksa until you're sure you've revealed all the ninjas.

DustGod likes this.
  9. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

I tried it inside triad and outside, it is clear that if it is in triad it has better firepower, but I do not like to see so many points stuck in a triad, so I tried it separately and it also gave me a very good result, since with the loadout it has, it adapts well to any flank

But not everything is good, I find that according to your roll in the metachemistry table, it can be better or "not that better", and I don't know how much you can depend on luck to allow you to make better moves, easy choice with the Krakot, in a Krakot you pay 14 points for that "luck" but in the Kiel-Saan you pay more

DustGod and RobertShepherd like this.
  10. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Actually I played weak side linebacker and I can assure you: the army is adequately named. ;-)

DustGod, RobertShepherd and melkiach like this.
  11. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

In my opionion Kiel-Saan suffers some strong competition from Neema. She has same BS, same W, lower S son can be hide easier, higher wip (strong point for reset and for symbiobomb use), direct template weapon, not good as kiel in cc but not bad either, cost less and the most of all can join a regular triad and that means tri-core. Kiel wont see the table often on my lists. Neema is way way better.

12. Káosz Brigodéros

I agree with more or less eveything you wrote, but I think you omit something important: Neema is one of our best choice of Lt, consequently we need another beatstick in the army to do the risky fighting.
    The cherry atop the icing on the cake: you can take both of them.

Double

[​IMG]6
    KIEL-SAAN (Special Fireteam: Triad) Mk12, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 53)
    KIEL-SAAN (Special Fireteam: Triad) Red Fury, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1 | 53)
    KAAURI Sentinel (Special Fireteam: Triad, Pheroware T.: First Aid) Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 48)
    TAAGMA (Tri-Core) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 21)
    KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)

3.5 SWC | 207 Points

Open in Infinity Army

You still have 93 points and 2.5 SWC to spend on four (4) troopers.
    Exempli gratia:

Quartet

[​IMG]10
    NEEMA Lieutenant (Advanced Command) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Viral Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 48)
    TAAGMA (Tri-Core) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 21)
    KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    KRIIGEL Breaker Combi Rifle + Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    RASAIL Spitfire + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Cheers, mates!

DustGod likes this.
  13. DustGod

I think Kiel-Saan's MetaChemisrty is a "Cherry on Top" only 4 I find least useful the rest just add to Beast Mode.... overall most of these definitely make him better in Melee. But then I stopped and I remembered this is a majority shooting game.. I'd have to play with them I still haven't yet
    (+1 ARM) :5 Thankyou
    V: No Wound Incapacitation: on top of Symbiont+Mate/Bomb wow

V: Dogged: Meh
    Sixth Sense L2: Can't be Blindsided
    Bioimmunity: Meh
    Regeneration: Meh
    Enhanced Mobility (MOV 8-4): 12" Assault Move yes please
    Super-Jump: over the building oh thank you!

Reinforced Biotech (+6 BTS): Meh...
    Climbing Plus: Gorilla Much?!!!
    Enhanced Physique (+3 PH): Killing Blow at 17+DA/Shock
    Immunity: Total: Nothing hurts me!!!!

#13 DustGod, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    melkiach likes this.
  14. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

That's 100% true unless you use a kaeltar coc. i am not a fun of LI lists unless i'am forced to do that.

melkiach and Káosz Brigodéros like this.
  15. Káosz Brigodéros

Dogged: your opponent already sweated blood to kill your murder machine. Now you can keep fuelling him irresponsibly with orders until he explodes - killing even more enemy troopers in the process.
    Bioimmunity: you are immune to Viral, and - drumroll - entitled to use your stupidly high BTS against - Wait for it! - Shock ammunition.
    Regenration: your opponent brought down the dreadnaught. After a short, healthy sleep, he keeps coming!
    Reinforced Biotech: OK, you are right, that really makes little sense...

16. Káosz Brigodéros

Too bad I'm fond of SymbioBombs...
    Cheers, mates!

DustGod, melkiach and Vandroiy like this.
  17. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

I put spiral on the table last night and the Kiel Saan did some good work, The random bonus roll was Enhanced movement.

I'd originally set him tup to join a triad of draal when I lost one but never need to, he just ran around on his own screaming. My opponent used a camo heavy list, first target was a Zencha BSG deployed to counter the aforementioned draal team on a warehouse balcony and to pinch their objective (we were playing supplies), stabbed him while laughing in armour 4, then in his next turn jumped down and engaged the enemy Daofei Spitfire LT who survived a more impressive two stabbings.

Had the game gone on passed my opponents turn 2 he was in prime position to pull off both classifieds (extreme prejudice and net undermine) and performed even more top-quality stabbage.
    Untitled.jpg

Overall I'd rate this unit A+ for fun, stabbing potential and enthusiastic but generally ineffective use of a red fury.

Solar, DustGod, ChoTimberwolf and 3 others like this.
  18. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

At first i was like "i'll never field this unit..too costy and boring profil".... But ... MOV 6-2 in fireteam with Draal (6-2 and buton pushers)..

very good mobility+ firepower+ utility of draal might make me run this kind of versatil triad for testing :
    With a back up of Kriigel Agent smoke and mirrorball in case

Spiral Corps

[​IMG]3
    DRAAL Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges, Dazer / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    DRAAL (Minelayer) AP Marksman Rifle, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 40)

2 SWC | 123 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  19. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

“Stabbity, Stabbity, Stab, Stab!“
    I'm crying!

I guess I'll have to try this guy, too, since everybody is having a blast with him.

Is he viable, though? Would you field him im, say, a Satellite Tournament?

DustGod likes this.
  20. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

I see several of you choosing the Red Fury over the Mk12, is it because of the burst? My gut reactions was to take the Mk12 for the extra damage.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation