1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to seee in the shasvasti rework?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by tokumei, Feb 27, 2019.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I think it went through Beta Testing, so it might or might not go live, but was studied. They would get it only for Shas, however... and I wouldn't be surprised if they were also carrying a different loadout without Monofilament (a more antiinfantry role).

They need to pass a WIP roll to do so, otherwise they are limited to deploy the mines outside of the enemy's DZ. But yeah, only the Perimetral Weapons have currently the limitation of "can't be deployed inside the ZoC of an enemy unit" (while the enemy unit is able to be deployed inside the perimetral's ZoC, of course).

Wyrmnax and Melkhior like this.
  2. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

lol

toadchild, El tito Zylito and Barrogh like this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Ok, Speculo Killer on Shas gets a minelayer profile with Combi for +0.5SWC and +4 pts. AVA2. Vanilla gets no extra Speculos.

4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Chest mines, 360 line of fire, and the new hatching rules might make up for the seeds still being S0.

I think they left out a bullet point to either prevent a seed embryo moving using ARO Dodge, or making it use ARO Hatch when it would otherwise use Dodge.

WarHound likes this.
  5. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Not looking forward for minelayers on my dz...

Shas seem interesting, but everything seems kinda too expensive.

Sheskiin getting fat2 is ridiculous....

HardDisk and Barrogh like this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

AND wildcard AND second wound... XD

WarHound likes this.
  7. Wyrmnax

So, quick write up of Shas:

-Sheskiin with fat2 is ridiculous. Especially with wildcard. Expensive as hell.
    -Jayth Cuttthroats are your own deployment melee units. Not sure how useful they will be, given the cost and general lack of range. ODD + Red Fury looks like a nice push forward profile. But they are basically myrmidons with no smoke.
    -Seed soldiers are..... okish. Expensive, but are pretty much mines during round #1.
    -Cadmus - still no sure what to make f it
    -Haiduks are interesting pieces. Mimetism + MSV2 for generally cheap price is good.
    -Nox feel a bit too expensive. Yes, zappers might be good, but are very situational.
    -Caliban is good. Good melee piece with camo and FD is decent, add to that them being decent shots. Just dont step on a mine before you have breakfast.
    -Noctifiers are still fantastic
    -Mentors look really good. Cheap camo lt, counterintel and more markers for your dz.
    -Tensho.... uh?
    -Victor is good. Espcially for bringing White Noise. He is also a decent attacker.
    -Corax is a very ok pseudo HI.
    -Gwailos are pretty good. Pretty decent piece to handle the most problematic AROs for Shas, but it is *very* expensive, and the haris option is kinda really meh. FTO M-Drones are kinda *really* expensive, adding nanoscreen to something that was mostly considered very expensive already.
    -Malignos and Shrouded stayed the same mostly.Still kinda too expensive because automedikit is so expensive and so situational. KHD malignos is at a decent pricepoint because SMG is so cheap.
    -Speculo. Still very expensive on SWC for the normal ones, but the minelayer option is kinda very ridiculous. Starting with mines on the enemy DZ ( or pretty much on its entrance) is gonna be all kinds of broken, even if their SWC cost is *very* high. I also think they lost a single point of CC, so meh...
    -Taigha. On one side, no smoke. on the other, they kinda force the enemy to have exposed AROs because they can travel the whole table in 2 orders. Not sure what to think of them yet.

#347 Wyrmnax, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  8. WarHound

WarHound Well-Known Member

Jayth can link, just wanna put that out there.

Wyrmnax likes this.
  9. Wyrmnax

Yeah. Fixed my post. Ty.

WarHound likes this.
  10. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

They might have, but the 0-0 MOV of the Seed-Embyro state means Hatch is the better option, since Dodge leaves you in place and no change, while Hatch let’s you stand up and hit them in the face with a DEP on the next Order.

11. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

If you want they can dodge.

solkan and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  12. bakuninunbound

bakuninunbound Well-Known Member

Jayth seem kinda expensive, and at that point cost I am not sure I really want them to be Kamikazying with DTW's?

13. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Jayths look really interesting, I want to try a haris of them, or the Pit Patrols maybe? They are a little expensive but they have a lot going on.

New Shes is terrifying.

WarHound and Stiopa like this.
  14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

TAIGHA!!! I absolutely love them and will use them.

15. Tickle Monster

Tickle Monster Active Member

Hell yeah!

I think my Pretas have found some competition for space in a vanilla list.

xagroth likes this.
  16. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Just one thing : two speculo minelayer => 4 marker in my enemi deployement zone

That's a crazy level of psychological warfare, very fluff for shasvasti. Love it

17. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

No no no... 4 markers in their face, just outside of their DZ... Sure, 3SWC, but frigging great. Add 2 mimetic Total Reaction and dr worm and 2 or so hackers, everything else camo troopers and enjoy XD

18. Tickle Monster

Tickle Monster Active Member

Gotta say I like the seed soldier FO as well. I think he's a nice cheap option for 3rd turn objective grabbing.

19. Wyrmnax

Minelayer Speculo seems very good, but it is also very expensive SWC wise. Good enough to give you pause, but at the same time not a auto-include.

Only peeves I have with Shas:
    Fat2 on Shes ( really, fat2 is a terrible rule on something that has B4 naturally, and giving it to someone linkable? yeah...)
    Not sure how fun it will be on the other side of minelayer Speculo - not much, I think
    Shes kinda invalidating the Gwailo, even though the Gwailo is pretty much exactly what I wanted it to be.

20. El tito Zylito

El tito Zylito Active Member

what miniatures can we use to proxy taighas? any idea?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation