1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupidly premature Gen Con speculation

Discussion in 'News' started by Swiftage, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Symbiobeasts?

2. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

I really hope for a Coop/Dungeoncrawl Mode

ZlaKhon, yoink101 and oldGregg like this.
  3. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

If we looking at CB's current strategy to grow their sales, I think a card game would be the best bet. It wouldn't occupy production resources and perhaps open new markets.
    It wouldn't be what most core gamers would like to see but I understand the needs of CB.

Drone race would be really cool, but CB puts huge effort(tm) into this new kind to play, therefore it has to make profit too, what I doubt with this.

4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I can’t help thinking of the RPG material bottlenecks when someone mentions a card game. Because it seems like they hit the same ones—content review.

I’d rather speculate on “Adventure Mode Infinity”—no order pool, alternating Activations, rewrite or eliminate half the rules—or the bike game since that’s the sort of project that wouldn’t get in everyone else’s way.

5. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I guess I don't play the Tohaa often enough, I forgot they don't have drones. (or anything else all the other factions have) Ariadna's drones are also kind of a poor fit for drone racing as well. However Ariadna has plenty of bikes! Maybe Tohaa will get a new symbio-bike? Monstruckers? Not just for Spiral Corp? Or maybe the Tohaa get left in the dust again?

I could be way off base with the drone racing thing. Hopefully it is something more epic!

6. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Symbio-bike sounds like fun.
    But a Kiel-San with Enhanced Mobility is nearly the same...

7. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

REM racing would potentially give extra sales to new REM sculpts, some of which could use it.

8. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Well-Known Member

Micro skrimish / Combat RPG leveraging all the RPG stuffs and the Character converter from the RPG to Table top.

Rogue Stars but with Infinity.

I would shelve the Skrimish game for a while for something like that...

Postmortem and xagroth like this.
  9. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Nice Chaksa running at really hihg spend.wmv

Stiopa likes this.
  10. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Beasts vs. Remotes the problem would be that it would rule out endurance based racing.

From observed stats, a cheetah could do a one minute mile but probably couldn’t do much more than that without rest. If the Tohaa can engineer a cheetah comparable beast with speed and endurance, why aren’t they being fielded already?!?

Abrilete likes this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Drone racing would be interesting, at least.

Too bad it's hard to get the old editions of Formula De, there were some awesome tracks there!

I'm not sure a Cheetah can run a full mile at top speed without a rest. They're insanely fast, but a human can actually walk one into heatstroke.

Pronghorn antelope might be a better comparison, those damn things can run at nearly 80kph for long enough that you won't find a wounded one.

12. SpectralOwl

I'll throw my guess into something like Kill Team or Mordheim. With local mini production at capacity and the trouble getting new lore through for the RPG, a way to reuse Infinity SKUs under new rules for a slightly different market seems like a reasonable idea- especially with the "new way to play Infinity" comment about the black N. I don't think a card game is likely, on account of Infinity not being especially friendly to straight number comparisons and market saturation in the card game market.

13. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Whatever it is I really hope its some type of play method for 3-6 players.

14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

google: Formula Dè track generator.

Results:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=384389127 => game is in Steam, probably as part of the TableTop Simulator
    https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1588604/formula-design-modular-tracks-formula-d => Some predesigned tracks
    https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/359074/tutorial-how-create-your-own-formula-de-tracks Self explanatory ;)

I remember to have played a track created around my wife's town nearly 10 years ago, so... XD

15. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

But that’s still basically the point, especially when you look at the sustained distances at each speed. Imagine a race taking place at residential traffic speeds with the occasional burst up to low highway speeds.

That’s the sort of race beasts would end up in, and that might be slower than people are expecting out of drone races.

16. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

The dungeon crawl idea would be a great opportunity to blend between SpecOps rules and RPG...

xagroth, Grathak, Melchior and 2 others like this.
  17. Dr.Dressler

Dr.Dressler Active Member

And dungeon crawl it is. Now waiting for a list of the actual crawlers might be tough on me.

18. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Called it! So what do I win?

xagroth likes this.
  19. Postmortem

Postmortem Kazak Arachnophile

20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

:beer::beer::beer:

atomicfryingpan likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation