1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HI champ faction?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Maksimas, Mar 19, 2019.

?

What faction does Heavy Infantry best, sectorials included?

1. PanOceania

13.0%
  2. Yu Jing

66.2%
  3. Ariadna

3.9%
  4. Nomads

9.1%
  5. Haqqislam

2.6%
  6. Combined Army

1.3%
  7. ALEPH

1.3%
  8. Tohaa

1.3%
  9. NA2

1.3%
  1. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Anyone can beat Su-Jian?

BigBadFox likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Achilles. Achilles can absolutely beat Su-Jian. In every sense of the word.

3. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

Swiss guard > All
    Yj have only toys

Shoitaan likes this.
  4. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

FTFY ;)

Section9, DaRedOne, Maksimas and 3 others like this.
  5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Are we looking at the same profiles? Are you telling me that those YJ Troopers have, for example, PH10 and ARM0 in their second wound?

6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

And so we are getting to the point when we have to ask ourselves some philosophical questions. What does being HI means to you?

Having bulky models covered with plates? Being hackable and extra vulnerable to EM? Being capable of still running around after spraying environments with your entrails once? Having a formal label? Having basic statline not worse than of certain quality?

Because it seems to me posters ITT, myself included, are all over the place about this one.

7. Mahtamori

I don't know, are we? Are you telling me that Taquel doesn't have BS 13, BTS 6 and WIP 14 on their first wound? Or is it that you're telling me Liu Xing and Minutemen have more than 1 wound?

Stats isn't a signifier for HI. It's true a Taquel or Sukuel are not HI, but that's because they aren't vulnerable to E/M, not because they have lower stats (which isn't true, they kind of have the same stats as low-end HI). It's still very true, however, that Tohaa can emulate and exceed the longevity of HI.

Golem2God likes this.
  8. BigBadFox

BigBadFox Well-Known Member

What heresy is dis? Su Jian accumulates so huge amounts of swag, he cannot be beaten.

Let me show you why Achilles cant do that.

At first, Neko Oyama exists. And that shows us, that Achilles DOES NOT EVEN LIFT. And someone who does not even lift cannot beat the Su Jian.
    qed.

:smile:

Section9 likes this.
  9. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

clint.gif

Section9, Golem2God and oldGregg like this.
  10. Mahtamori

Oh, you think the swag is Su-Jian's ally? It merely adopted the swag. Achilles was born in it, molded by it. The swag betray Su-Jian, because it is Achilles made flesh.

Golem2God, Shoitaan and BigBadFox like this.
  11. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I have never talked about the stats of the first Wound because one of the differences when comparing a standard HI is that they keep their stats after losing that first Wound, while Tohaa's Symbiont Armour troopers loose stats (and sometimes also they loose skills and equipment).

HI is generally defined by several points:
    - Being Hackable
    - Having high stats in the BS, PH, ARM and BTS cathegories
    - Capable of surviving after losing one wound

Tohaa Symbiont Armour troopers might have more than one Wound, but the second profile is very meh, thats what keep them cheap.
    As we have discussed many times, the point formula used by CB make HI expensive because of their high stats across the profile. I'm not saying that it's fair or that it shouldn't be rebalanced, I'm just explaining the way things are.

Cothel, Ben Kenobi and Golem2God like this.
  12. Mahtamori

Yeah, I'm just pointing out that with the latest HI releases, CB has shown that from 2019 and onwards, none of those three qualities are indicative qualities of HI. It's time we stopped treating Ariadnan HI as some sort of aberration and simply take the individual units at face value.

Golem2God and Robock like this.
  13. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

We also have Willpower.
    Checkmate PanOceanists!
    Althoughnotreallyyouguysalsohavesomereallycooldoodsinheavyarmour-

Another Su-Jian.
    OR.
    A Su-Jian duo.
    Only a Su-Jian can best a Su-Jian!

14. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I just wanted to point out the only faction where I have seen all-HI that consistently kicked all the ass is MO

Maksimas likes this.
  15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I do consider Tohaa to have a lot of light-HI, roughly on par with the new models in IA. Yes, Tohaa lose stats after taking enough wounds to drop their Symbiont Armor. They're still freaking Guyvers!

Golem2God and Maksimas like this.
  16. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

There's no need to be snarky about it. I'm aware of the drawbacks, but the advantages of Symbiont Armor far outweigh them. The costing makes it seem more as if the no-symbiont armor profile is a bonus that Tohaa are paying almost nothing for when you compare similar units. Look at an Ectos vs a Mobile Brigada (HMG profiles.) For just 3 points more, the Ectros is getting a Nanopulser, +3BTS, +4CC, Kinematica Lv1, and -1 ARM. Oh yeah, and an entire third wound with a reduce statline -- and that's without getting any cost reduction tools like Frenzy. Also, given the rise of E/M ammo, I would say the Fire weakness is made up for by the ability to just decide to cancel IMM-2 without a roll.

That's insane. There's no way that 3 points pays for all of that.

For more of this, compare a Nikoul to a Bagh-Mari MSR. I can't understand how that wound is so cheap, especially knowing how much sapper costs (compare Acon Regular MSR profile to Fusilier MSR profile).

#76 meikyoushisui, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation