1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with deciding IS or Vanilla for upcoming event

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by adamljung, Feb 21, 2019.

1. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

Heya, we've got a 1 day 3 game play day coming up this weekend and I can't make up my mind if I want to play with my imperial service or vanilla.
    The scenarios are going to be Acquisition, frostbyte and firefight. (Usually I don't play many scenarios, me and my brother generally do supremacy or none at all because we're lazy - so any input on how to approach the scenarios would also be greatly appreciated)

So basically I need 1 limited insertion list, and 1 list that can do both acquisition and firefight. I really want tiger soldiers for the scenario where you get +3 to drop (and I don't have a garuda yet) - but I also want to do a wu ming link for the limited insertion one, so I'm having a hard time making up my mind :P

I've got an okay collection of miniatures so can do a lot of different types of lists, although I'm lacking normal remotes (only have rui shi x1), major lunah, only have starter box celestial guards + 1 kuang shi controller (but 8 kuang shis), no garuda, no sun tze.

All these decisions... I think it might be best to go with a 18-20 order ISS list with the typical su jian, 8 kuang shis, sophotect , rui shi, ninja khd, etc for acquistion and firefight - and a wu ming pain train list for frostbyte - but then again I really want to do tiger soldier(s) for firefight...

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Why Limited Insertion list? Frostbyte has a typo, it doesn't force Limited Insertion.

Joametz likes this.
  3. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Very much this. Also, I know you don't have a Garuda yet but is there any reason why you wouldn't be able to proxy it using a Tiger?

4. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

Because I was not aware of that? :P How should people know it doesn't, when the official document says it does? *thinking* Where can I find that it's a typo? Is there a faq or something? I should probably tell people it's not a limited insertion mission then.

5. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

We don't do that amount of proxying during official game days at our club so that's not an option unfortunately.

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Sorry. Here is a collection of ITS10 questions and a slightly smaller collection of answers: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/its-x-questions-and-answers.24870/

7. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The ITSX document is a fucking dumpster fire of a mess. I recommend downloading the Comlog phone app, it's up to date with the rules and way more readable.

Zewrath likes this.
  8. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

Thank you =) semi-rant - pretty bad of CB to post that like 5 months ago and still not have the official pdf updated, I get that the playerbase is pretty dedicated but not everyone keeps up with forum discussions and it's pretty far fetched to expect people to find that stuff on their own :P /endrant

Well then, no LI for frostbyte opens it up a bit more, thanks for the help

9. adamljung

adamljung Active Member

Did two quick drafts, kind of miss msv in them, maybe I should do hsien instead of su jian in one of them?

Link
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7
    WÚ MÍNG HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 39)
    WÚ MÍNG Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 33)
    WÚ MÍNG Boarding Shotgun + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 33)
    WÚ MÍNG Panzerfaust, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    ZHÀNYING Hacker (Hacking Device) Breaker Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 32)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]8
    SÙ-JIÀN Heavy Shotgun, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 54)
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    6 SWC | 299 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Button
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8
    NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    KǍNRÈN Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 29)
    KǍNRÈN Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 29)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
    SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]8
    CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
    4 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation