1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dart Use?

Discussion in 'Human Fate' started by Flipswitch, Nov 25, 2018.

1. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

I was referencing Hannibal's 3AP support action, because I know Dart's support action is 2AP otherwise Hannibal couldn't tap into it. I should have made that more clear. >.<

Each to their own on Hannibal and Dart rolls and uses. :)

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

My friend @Tribulus pointed out to me that an opposing Dart makes a very effective counter to Wild Bill and Major Lunah. When a hidden Dart with "Silent Death" of :L: 2-7 targets one of your own shooters, there is no point using "Gunslinger" or "Veteran Sniper" because your defense:2: will not damage her.

Flipswitch, -V- and tartopom like this.
  3. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Yeah she's a great squishy hunter in comparison to Lunah who is better at slugging out with the more tanky characters.

After my previous event, I'm being much more creative with my team comps and trying out as many characters as possible and it's interesting to see how the ones I don't normally go for are used.

Except Murtair, I can't stand that guy.

4. Roadrunner7431

Among sixteen players beginning a tournament recently not one has chosen Murtair in their set team. My own ethnicity is from the Eastern Mediterranean so I may be more objective in seeing that A! players seem to be strong in areas of the world where those with Celtic ancestry are strong. Gallicia, Wales and much of North America almost certainly have more DNA in common than appears at first. Murtair should unleash the Celtic beast within.

5. Razorboy

Razorboy New Member

I like her with Prysm, since Pryzm is handing out Taunts left and right. She's picked off 2 characters 8-Ball and Hexxer, by popping taunt, which also happened to leave her as the only scorer in the zone. Is Prysm outside her 5 range Pulsing Light, pop the taunt. Is that :S: blue side up, pop it. Target :J: and you've already shot them, pop it.

Ambush is a pocket play, having it at the right time is Godly. It's a turn 4 or 5 big move.

Flipswitch likes this.
  6. Flipswitch

I am enjoying using her with Prysm and Hannibal, then finishing the roster off with Eclypse, you get everything you need as a team with plenty of damage.

Roadrunner7431 and volgo like this.
  7. SushiYumYumz

SushiYumYumz Member

I tried dart over and over again, she really is not very good. I have eclipse, dart, oberon as the worst 3 characters.

8. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

I wanted to make team elf, with dart, oberon and lunah... so this concerns me a little... (although I'm still only just beginning with Aristeia ;) )

9. Roadrunner7431

@tdc You might want to include Prysm in your team to help hold zones. The way her hair sticks up she looks elf-like to me but her body type is far from slender.

tdc likes this.
  10. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

I completely disagree whit @SushiYumYumz , every one of the characters he named are pretty good for me. I am pretty sure you can do good whit an "elf" team. The only concern is that if you use Dart and Lunah you have 2 ranged that can suffer if the enemy can impose you the Dazzle State:S:.

tdc likes this.
  11. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I had the same result. I find her quite useless tbh. Every time she does damage, nearly every DPS does it better (and ALL of the ranged DPS are miles better). However, Oberon is quite insane as a counter pick. Once you Silence characters like Prysm (so you aren't forced to attack her) or Gata's Freerun/Misdirection, they become quite useless as characters. Plus his cards are insane.

12. Flipswitch

She pays a heavy price of being a flexible scorer and damage dealer but kinda ends up being poor at both.

Zewrath likes this.
  13. Numazokola

Numazokola Well-Known Member

dart is the only one that can kill easily Maximus... poison can go past the armor :D:

14. Roadrunner7431

@Flipswitch I took your advice and played your team of Dart, Prysm, Eclypse and Hannibal against @Tribulus in Episode 4 of his new channel Vissiorama Presents. Here is the link

Flipswitch, Croepoek and der_narr like this.
  15. Flipswitch

How did it work out for you buddy? I'll try to watch the video tomorrow. :)

16. Roadrunner7431

I don't often favor ranged characters so I chose Conquest. My friend @Tribulus is the better and more experienced player but I find that Aristeia is more like American baseball than international football such that the luck factor makes it difficult for any player to win more than 80% of the time.

Flipswitch likes this.
  17. Flipswitch

My last game had a situation where both me and my opponent rolled like absolute garbage all game. Watching Major Lunah, Senor Massacre or Hannibal completely fail to kill anyone was both depressing and hilarious

Zewrath, volgo and Roadrunner7431 like this.
  18. Flipswitch

Tried out Dart last night in two games, with the team comp; Dart, Hannibal, Parvati, Prysm. Worked well as a combo, I ended up taking both damage tactics on Prysm to help up my damage output as it felt very spread out. I'm used to having a primary damage dealer which this team definitely lacked. I find Dart's damage to be very inconsistent and her switch unreliable, though shaving off enemy defence rolls with our own is very handy.

That said, I quite like this combo as a team, it works well together and Prysm really takes any additional pressure off Dart, combined with Hidden it makes her extremely hard to kill. I just kept barreling Prysm against opposing bruisers like Valkyrie so Dart couldn't be pressured by enemy ranged characters - it worked well as a team but was mostly chip damage, so Maximus is hard to dislodge and your priority target has to be Mendoza.

19. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

I had my first game with Dart this weekend, and its the third time for my group. Thanks to this thread she was not a spectacular failure! I'm not going to say I used her well, but she definitely out-performed the expectations set by the two earlier games. Had I not messed up with line of sight issues I think she would've done quite nicely.

Thank you everyone! :D

20. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

I think the main problem of Dart is that (Outside Focus) there aren't key status that Buff (Buff =Power up) Aristos that you want to remove so Dendro-nanoids it's really a dead ability the vast majority of time for 2 AP.

I hope with time we will see some Aristos that buff his team granting some power up to attributes, something like +2 MOV or +2 Initiative.
    Dart in this cases would be usefull, you can remove a positive status on the enemy, damaging them meanwhile remaining hidden.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation